Manchester United 'remains most valuable club in Europe'

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Both Manchester United and Chelsea featured in the top 10
Manchester United has again been named most valuable European football club, being worth about €3.25bn (£2.9bn) says business services group KPMG.
The English club tops KPMG's study of top sides' "enterprise value", ahead of Real Madrid and Barcelona.
The study, based on the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons, studied profitability, broadcasting rights, popularity, sporting potential and stadium value.
Champions League finalists Liverpool are in eighth place in the rankings.
Man Utd quarterly sales up 8%
Man Utd remain top revenue generator
Man Utd receive more than champions Man City
In the analysis of 32 major teams, Premier League clubs fill six of the top 10 places.
Andrea Sartori, KPMG's global head of sports and the report's author, said the overall value of the football industry had grown over the past year.
"Overall growth is driven by different factors, one of these being the increase of operating revenues of the top 32, at 8%," he said.
"Eye-catching transfer deals and spiralling staff costs have not prevented such clubs from registering a striking upward trend, as the profits before taxes increased by some 17 times in comparison to the previous year."

Top 10 European clubs by 'enterprise value'
Manchester United - €3.255bn
Real Madrid - €2.92bn
Barcelona - €2.78bn
Bayern Munich - €2.55bn
Manchester City - €2.16bn
Arsenal - €2.10bn
Chelsea - €1.76bn
Liverpool - €1.58bn
Juventus - €1.30bn
Tottenham - €1.29bn
Source: KPMG

Mr Sartori added: "One of the reasons for this growth can be found in the significant influence exercised by English clubs, as well as the improved financial health of many mid-size clubs within the ranking, which also reflects compliance with the Uefa financial fair play regulation."

As well as dominating the top 10, there were a further three English teams - West Ham United, Leicester City and Everton - in the top 20 places.
Meanwhile, SSC Napoli (17th placed) became the second most valuable club in Italy, behind Juventus and ahead of the Milan giants.
This year, 12 clubs were valued in excess of 1bn euros, two more than in 2017.

And six clubs reported an "enterprise value" above 2bn euros: three from the English Premier League, two from Spain, and one from Germany.
During the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons, Manchester United won the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League, but have ended the recent campaign trophyless.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44208285
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United 'remains most valuable club in Europe'

Post by marko »

Talk is cheap Man United, Please prove it on the pitch, I am a united die hard fan but i can speak the truth!!

The most valuable team in Europe is Real Madrid! period

To get back to the pinnacle of European football, we have to invest a lot of money in our academy and 1st team players, we will have to spend at least 150-200M to get some world class addition and Mourinho must make way for another coach
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:Talk is cheap Man United, Please prove it on the pitch, I am a united die hard fan but i can speak the truth!!

The most valuable team in Europe is Real Madrid! period

To get back to the pinnacle of European football, we have to invest a lot of money in our academy and 1st team players, we will have to spend at least 150-200M to get some world class addition and Mourinho must make way for another coach
I agree that United has to be not just the most valuable but also the very best. However, your assertion that RM is the most valuable came without any figure to back it up. KPMG’s figures are not ‘thoughts or feelings’. Forbes have a slightly different measure though.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

You celebrate this when you have no TROPHY to celebrate. I remember Arsenal winning many of such trophies :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Stock price is up too.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Everyone knows united is a top brand, we have to prove this on the pitch as well, sorry Mourinho frustrates me these days, If Mourinho is all about winning trophies, how comes we did not win any this season?

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Man united, i hope we are watching the world most valuable team in action

Marko