Is this the end of Chelsea? Roman Abramovich banned from UK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is this the end of Chelsea? Roman Abramovich banned from

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

green4life wrote:
Orion wrote:I know Abramovich has been sponsoring sports in Russia recently and was even involved in politics there, but I thought he came to London in the first place to run away from Putin. Apparently, he is still very good pals with Putin. That may account for the mysterious death of Berezovsky who died immediately after the court case with Abramovich (although he lost the case). British intelligence may have found out that Abramovich is a Trojan horse working for Putin and that's why they're trying to get rid of him.
Fantastic! Naija man and tori no be today e start. :lol:

Let's be clear, Abramovich NEVER ran away from Putin. In fact, he is one of Putin's boys, i.e., the pre-Putin Oligarchs who agreed to play ball. While others were either jailed or exiled, Abramovich was elected governor of some rural area.

Ever heard of Putin's enemy, Berezovsky, who "committed suicide" in London while in exile? Putin arrested his friend and imprisoned him under harsh conditions, then sent Abramovich to Berezovsky to convince him to sell him (Abramovich) some pricey assets for peanuts, in exchange for his friend being released. He agreed (thinking he was selling to Abramovich), after which Abramovich promptly turned them over to Putin....and I don't think that friend was even released :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is public knowledge....came out in court when the late Berezovsky sued Abramovich for a breach of contract.

By the way, Berezovsky himself was the primary Oligarch that supported Putin's ascension, despite being warned by others of the potential consequence. He though the tail would never wag the dog...not knowing that Putin was the Big Dog, while he and others were just parts of the tail :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:REPORT: BILLIONAIRE CHELSEA FC OWNER ROMAN ABRAMOVICH BECOMING ISRAELI
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

https://www.google.com/search?q=abramovich

It would appear Britain’s loss is Israel’s gain. Imagine if he pumped as much money into an Israeli club as he does into Chelsea :idea: :!:

Cheers.
...unless he invest in war machine, Israeli clubs can't hack it in Europe, the man will be bankrupt, no top star will be lured to a war zone.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:
Orion wrote:I know Abramovich has been sponsoring sports in Russia recently and was even involved in politics there, but I thought he came to London in the first place to run away from Putin. Apparently, he is still very good pals with Putin. That may account for the mysterious death of Berezovsky who died immediately after the court case with Abramovich (although he lost the case). British intelligence may have found out that Abramovich is a Trojan horse working for Putin and that's why they're trying to get rid of him.
Fantastic! Naija man and tori no be today e start. :lol:

Let's be clear, Abramovich NEVER ran away from Putin. In fact, he is one of Putin's boys, i.e., the pre-Putin Oligarchs who agreed to play ball. While others were either jailed or exiled, Abramovich was elected governor of some rural area.

Ever heard of Putin's enemy, Berezovsky, who "committed suicide" in London while in exile? Putin arrested his friend and imprisoned him under harsh conditions, then sent Abramovich to Berezovsky to convince him to sell him (Abramovich) some pricey assets for peanuts, in exchange for his friend being released. He agreed (thinking he was selling to Abramovich), after which Abramovich promptly turned them over to Putin....and I don't think that friend was even released :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is public knowledge....came out in court when the late Berezovsky sued Abramovich for a breach of contract.

By the way, Berezovsky himself was the primary Oligarch that supported Putin's ascension, despite being warned by others of the potential consequence. He though the tail would never wag the dog...not knowing that Putin was the Big Dog, while he and others were just parts of the tail :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good points. It's possible Berezovsky revealed info that was too close for comfort during the court case and that made the Russians wary that he'll reveal more to British authorities, so they decided to get rid of him. Essentially he became a threat to certain persons regardless of whether he won or lost the case. They waited until after the trial as it would've looked too suspicious had he died during the case. Abramovich's visa problems may be due to whatever was revealed about his relationship with Putin in that court case and the current strained relationship with the Kremlin. All speculation of course.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Rumor now has it, that,Roman Abramovich could emigrate to Israel after the UK failed to renew his visa.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mcal wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:REPORT: BILLIONAIRE CHELSEA FC OWNER ROMAN ABRAMOVICH BECOMING ISRAELI
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

It would appear Britain’s loss is Israel’s gain. Imagine if he pumped as much money into an Israeli club as he does into Chelsea :idea: :!:

Cheers.
...unless he invest in war machine, Israeli clubs can't hack it in Europe, the man will be bankrupt, no top star will be lured to a war zone.
I’m not sure what you mean by invest in war machine or what that’s got to do with anything. Anyway, if stars can be lured to China, they certainly can be lured to Israel. Just show them the money :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
mcal wrote:
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

Cheers.
I’m not sure what you mean by invest in war machine or what that’s got to do with anything. Anyway, if stars can be lured to China, they certainly can be lured to Israel. Just show them the money :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
...Israel = war. May not make sense but persons wey sabi, sabi di thing i dey talk :???:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Thunder wrote:Rumor now has it, that,Roman Abramovich could emigrate to Israel after the UK failed to renew his visa.

he doesn't really need to emigrate to Israel, unless he has a falling out with Putin. Or unless Israeli citizenship grants him certain benefits. And was a governor of Chukotka region in Russia for 8 yrs.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

Cheers.
Abramovich is Jewish so has claim to Israel.
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

mcal wrote:
mcal wrote:
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

Cheers.

Cheers.
...Israel = war. May not make sense but persons wey sabi, sabi di thing i dey talk :???:
You are really dumb and uninformed to equate Israel to war. Try to visit only for once to change your dumb perspective and stop spewing ignorance here. Disturbances in Israel are 99% in palestinian areas.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mcal wrote:
mcal wrote:
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

Cheers.

Cheers.
Israelis can go into the UK visa free for 6months a clip IIRC.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

mcal wrote:
mcal wrote:
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

Cheers.

Cheers.
mcal, if only you realize that TTTK is Jewish, then you might stop arguing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chelsea owner Abramovich 'eligible to be Israeli citizen'

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich 'eligible to be Israeli citizen'checkmate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

28 May 2018

The Russian-Jewish billionaire owner of Chelsea football club, Roman Abramovich, has flown to Tel Aviv after being found eligible for Israeli citizenship.

Immigration officials told the BBC that he was interviewed last week at the Israeli embassy in Moscow. He has faced delays in renewing his UK visa.

His spokesman would not comment on reports citizenship had been granted.

Mr Abramovich, 51, would be the richest person in Israel.

His UK investor visa reportedly expired some weeks ago but the British government has refused to comment on his individual case.

The delay in issuing him a new one comes amid increased diplomatic tensions between London and Moscow after the poisoning of former Russian spy Sergei Skripal in southern England.

Mr Abramovich did not attend the FA cup final at Wembley earlier this month when Chelsea beat Manchester United.

Israeli media reports say he has been given an identity card in Israel under the Law of Return, which allows Jews to become citizens of Israel.

The Times of Israel said the interior ministry had confirmed Mr Abramovich arrived in Israel on Monday and that he had emigrated to the country.

He is a frequent visitor to Israel and bought a hotel in Tel Aviv in 2015 that reports say he has turned into a residence.

Israel passport holders are allowed to enter Britain without a visa for short stays.

Mr Abramovich is worth $11.5bn (£8.6bn), according to Forbes magazine. The move could pay off financially as new Israeli citizens are exempt from paying tax on foreign income for 10 years.

Who is Roman Abramovich?

One of Russia's richest people, he bought Chelsea FC in 2003

He reportedly sold dolls before making his fortune in oil in the 1990s after the collapse of the former Soviet Union

Mr Abramovich was a one-time business partner of the late tycoon Boris Berezovky, an associate of former Russian President Boris Yeltsin

Critics say the two businessmen used their Kremlin "family" ties to acquire key state companies for below market value

Mr Abramovich served as governor of Russia's Chukotka region

He is believed to be close to current Russian President Vladimir Putin

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44282099
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Bouncer wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal wrote:
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

Cheers.

Cheers.
You are really dumb and uninformed to equate Israel to war. Try to visit only for once to change your dumb perspective and stop spewing ignorance here. Disturbances in Israel are 99% in palestinian areas.
...I may be dumb, but will never step into that country for free. Thank God during my time in the region we never crossed their air space or land for a quickie.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal wrote:
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

Cheers.

Cheers.
Read something about intelligence report proclaiming him as an enemy of the state. If true, even an Israeli passport will not let him in.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chelsea owner Abramovich 'eligible to be Israeli citizen

Post by anointed »

How many threads do we need about Abrahamovic? Can't this be merged with this one: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=288282
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal wrote:
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

Cheers.

Cheers.
Checkmate! :clap: :clap: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Abramovich Finally Allowed...

Post by Senator WIRES »

Roman Abramovich will be allowed to visit Britain for up to six months at a time after gaining Israeli citizenship, Downing Street confirms - but will be barred from working for Chelsea FC while he is in the UK
a spokesman for Theresa May confirmed holders of Israeli passports are allowed to visit Britain for up to six months under a waiver scheme.

Under the rules, Israeli visitors are not allowed to work or live in Britain. Immigration enforcement officers police the rules and could act if Mr Abramovich was known to be working at Stamford Bridge or engaging in activity to run Chelsea while in the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5GuYIK4j8
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Abramovich Finally Allowed...

Post by balo »

But he can run Chelsea while away from Britain. What's all the fuss?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Godfather
Egg
Egg
Re: Chelsea owner Abramovich 'eligible to be Israeli citizen

Post by Godfather »

The untouchable :thumbs:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: this is funny, every law made by man can be broken
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Where is the Biggie.....almost over 30% of Israelis are RUSSIANS. :clap:
Even their tough-talking 'deputy PM' is a Don Putin :thumbs: boy.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo