NIGERIA WORLD CUP CAMP THREAD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA WORLD CUP CAMP THREAD

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chriskendo43 wrote:Ohenhen please stop talking rubbish
If you ask Mikel Obi where he is from, what do you think his answer will be?

Mikel Obi is an Igbo man that was born in Jos Plateau State. He grew up in Jos.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sun May 27, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Matters arising for world cup wiewers in the US.

Univision no longer carrying the world cup. It is now on Telemundo, Fox and FS1. We are now forced to listen to Lalas and co on the English feed. I no get Telemundo.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Directv now and Sling tv are offering trials. Maybe they have Telemundo.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

He is not really talking rubbish tbh.
All this 'hailing from' is the sentimental rubbish, and political too. What does it really matter where your parents and grandparents are from if your life experience is completely different? It changes very little.
Moreover, if you actually check your DNA you could be shocked at the results.
In most western societies you are 'from' where you grew up - and there are no disadvantages to that. One's ancestral roots are usually nothing more than interesting talking points unless those roots have become political eg race, religion etc.

In Nigeria of course we are still making it a big deal, but in the true sense it shouldn't be
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

ohenhen1 wrote:Matters arising for world cup wiewers in the US.

Univision no longer carrying the world cup. It is now on Telemundo, Fox and FS1. We are now forced to listen to Lalas and co on the English feed. I no get Telemundo.
If you live in or around a city with a large Latino population, Telemundo is a free on-air TV station.
If your cable carrier does not list it, disconnect and do a channel search to find it via antenna.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

joao wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Matters arising for world cup wiewers in the US.

If you live in or around a city with a large Latino population, Telemundo is a free on-air TV station.
If your cable carrier does not list it, disconnect and do a channel search to find it via antenna.
I already tried. I don't get it.

I think I will sign up for the youtube or Hulu TV 30 day free trial on June 14. I don't want to get cable.

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

That is why it is clear that there is no country called Nigeria and there are no Nigerians. In a proper yet uncivilized society, if you leave in California, you don't say that you are black, Mexican or Italian American. You say, " I am from California"

I live in Ibadan but come election time,, I have to go to my local government to get my PVC. We are definitely not a serious society.

It is only in Nigeria that a third generation Ignoring man in Lagos cannot become a senator because he is not Yoruba. Or an Efik man whose grand parents were born in Laguna attempting to run for Federal House if Reps. Gircwhere!!!!

And yet people have the audacity to calm this a country. If it were not for football....
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
All this 'hailing from' is the sentimental rubbish, and political too. What does it really matter where your parents and grandparents are from if your life experience is completely different? It changes very little.
In most western societies you are 'from' where you grew up - and there are no disadvantages to that. One's ancestral roots are usually nothing more than interesting talking points unless those roots have become political eg race, religion etc.

In Nigeria of course we are still making it a big deal, but in the true sense it shouldn't be
you oversimplified it for the western cultures to drive your point but we know that the western cultures have their version of the issues - Racial identity obviously a social construct - which isn't as simple as you want to make it. Racial identity in america we all know arguments personality traits and often perpetuates into self esteem issues, social hierarchy and belonging hence cannot simply be dismissed as a talking point. definitely not in America may be so where you are.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Una sabi derail thread sha. Haba!!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...name, last name especially, will tell and I don't care if you were born Lagos, Long Beach, Jos, or the moon.

Example, in America of today, if a female put down on paper her name as SHEKITA Rudulfo, without you seeing her, you sure know her race already.
And if she put down LeaAnn Rudulfo, you definitely know her race too
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

nzeogwu wrote:That is why it is clear that there is no country called Nigeria and there are no Nigerians. In a proper yet uncivilized society, if you leave in California, you don't say that you are black, Mexican or Italian American. You say, " I am from California"

I live in Ibadan but come election time,, I have to go to my local government to get my PVC. We are definitely not a serious society.

It is only in Nigeria that a third generation Ignoring man in Lagos cannot become a senator because he is not Yoruba. Or an Efik man whose grand parents were born in Laguna attempting to run for Federal House if Reps. Gircwhere!!!!

And yet people have the audacity to calm this a country. If it were not for football....
I'm certainly not claiming Nigeria is a country. America is a nation of immigrants, Nigeria is a colonial contraption made up of different nations forced together by a colonial power.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

nzeogwu wrote:That is why it is clear that there is no country called Nigeria and there are no Nigerians. In a proper yet uncivilized society, if you leave in California, you don't say that you are black, Mexican or Italian American. You say, " I am from California"
Dude they totally say that in Cali and the rest of the country for that matter.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hehehe Nzeogwu, your hatred for Nigeria is clear. Look at how you insult Nigeria for no reason, because of internet argument. Now I see why you wanted Enyeama back in the national team. Both of you have something in common--you want Nigeria destroyed. But God will not let it happen. Please, go to California and leave my country alone! We dont want you in our uncivilized society.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Eagles bring their brassieres to PHC
Last edited by maceo4 on Sun May 27, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

you oversimplified it for the western cultures to drive your point but we know that the western cultures have their version of the issues - Racial identity obviously a social construct - which isn't as simple as you want to make it. Racial identity in america we all know arguments personality traits and often perpetuates into self esteem issues, social hierarchy and belonging hence cannot simply be dismissed as a talking point. definitely not in America may be so where you are.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
In your rush to be too smart, you've completely missed the enlarged part of my post.
You know, you don't have to auto-contest everything I say.
Me and you nor dey drag anything. :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That's your interpretation of the matter to which you are entirely entitled.
But that does not make it true no matter how much you wish it.
For every view such as this, there are probably two or three that are looking at the same picture but concluding the exact opposite. :idea:
So what you are saying is not "clear" at all.
It is simply a perspective which supports your desire for Naija to 'foka' :D
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

platinum wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:With Romero out for Argentina and even though we need to focus on Croatia. We should be able to punish Caballero. Moses, Nacho and Iwobi especially.
Franco Armani will be the #1 gk.
Exactly. Romero was probably going to get benched. He's not better than Caballero and certainly not Armani.
Mogbe!! :veryangry: :drool: :???: :???:
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

what time is the game tomorrow ?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:Pictures courtesy of NFF Twitter Page

Why does this Ezenwa dude always look like he doesn't 'belong'? :lol:

Remember when he first joined the SE and we genuinely thought he was a fan?? :lol: :lol: i believe there was actually a thread or atleast a post saying something like “who is this fan taking pictures with all the players?” :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's living his dream like a member of X-Force (DeadPool 2)!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

[/video]
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

[/video]