Interactive: Nigeria World Cup squad selector

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eddydove
Egg
Egg
Interactive: Nigeria World Cup squad selector

Post by Eddydove »

Hi guys,

Hope you're all doing well.

I've launched my Nigeria 2018 World Cup squad selector, which gives Super Eagles fans the chance to pick their starting XI for the DRC friendly, and their final 23 for the Russia.

I've not published this widely yet, but thought I'd share the beta version here on CyberEagles in order to give you guys a first chance to have a play around with it and publish your preferred teams

Any feedback, let me know.

Link here: http://www.eddydove.com/nigeria-world-c ... -selector/

Best,

@EddyDove
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Interactive: Nigeria World Cup squad selector

Post by Goldleaf »

In my opinion, this squad will go far in Russia. Rohr must ensure that Mikel only plays 60mins when we are leading and 80mins when we are drawing. This elevn has 6 strong defensive players and 4 players that can create and finish. Victor Moses must treat Simy as Giroud and Morata at Chelsea and feed him and Simy will finish. I could find no room in the squad for Ogu, Uwa, Joel, Agu etc etc.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Goldleaf wrote:Image

In my opinion, this squad will go far in Russia. Rohr must ensure that Mikel only plays 60mins when we are leading and 80mins when we are drawing. This elevn has 6 strong defensive players and 4 players that can create and finish. Victor Moses must treat Simy as Giroud and Morata at Chelsea and feed him and Simy will finish. I could find no room in the squad for Ogu, Uwa, Joel, Agu etc etc.
You should email your instructions to Rohr with alacrity. Btw, what when should he get off the bench and give instructions? Is the 20th, 35th and 60th okay? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Thanks, great job!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I would drop Omeruo, he hasn't earned a place in this team. I would take between Ogu and Obi. Or take both and drop Echijile and Omeruo
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eddydove wrote:Hi guys,

Hope you're all doing well.

I've launched my Nigeria 2018 World Cup squad selector, which gives Super Eagles fans the chance to pick their starting XI for the DRC friendly, and their final 23 for the Russia.

I've not published this widely yet, but thought I'd share the beta version here on CyberEagles in order to give you guys a first chance to have a play around with it and publish your preferred teams

Any feedback, let me know.

Link here: http://www.eddydove.com/nigeria-world-c ... -selector/

Best,

@EddyDove
I visited the "Squad selector" Site. Wow, beautiful job - bro. Very is nice. Thx!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Synopsis wrote:Image

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This will do the job, except maybe I would start Shehu instead of Ebuehi.

Wha choo looking at?!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Nacho's natural position is support striker. Each time Rohr started him as arrowhead in the qualifiers, he did not cut it.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Goldleaf wrote:
Nacho's natural position is support striker. Each time Rohr started him as arrowhead in the qualifiers, he did not cut it.
He started once in that position. We won 3-1.

He scored a goal as a #9 (replaced Ighalo) vs Cameroon.
Eddydove
Egg
Egg

Post by Eddydove »

I like the look of this side, Goldleaf. The idea of drafting Simy into the 'Giroud' role is pretty compelling, certainly his frame - and his form - make him a really interesting addition to the squad.

I'd be stunned if Elderson was left at home again (and heartbroken for him), whereas for me, Joel has to go because of his versatility and his ability on the ball.

Agu's in trouble I think.

@EddyDove
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

To me, sentiment apart, Rohr should pick his 23 man squad base on current form... and which ever way it goes Lakosa should be allowed to make the trip either as an observer or squad player...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Vindave wrote:To me, sentiment apart, Rohr should pick his 23 man squad base on current form... and which ever way it goes Lakosa should be allowed to make the trip either as an observer or squad player...
bro.....how body?.....long time no see :D
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Gooner1 wrote:
Vindave wrote:To me, sentiment apart, Rohr should pick his 23 man squad base on current form... and which ever way it goes Lakosa should be allowed to make the trip either as an observer or squad player...
bro.....how body?.....long time no see :D

Is well o my brother.. pretty long.. how is your family. .. where are u now?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Eddydove
Egg
Egg

Post by Eddydove »

Loving the look of this team, but out of interest, why would you start Ebuehi ahead of Shehu or even Aina at right-back?

Best,
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Eddydove wrote:
Loving the look of this team, but out of interest, why would you start Ebuehi ahead of Shehu or even Aina at right-back?

Best,
What he did vs Argentina was impressive. I believe he’s our best rb on their best day.
Eddydove
Egg
Egg

Post by Eddydove »

It will be intriguing to see which way Rohr plays it. To be honest, we should be delighted that Nigeria have such wealth of options at full-back - no need to drag someone in from the dark like Kunle Odulami four years ago!

Best,
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Eddydove wrote:It will be intriguing to see which way Rohr plays it. To be honest, we should be delighted that Nigeria have such wealth of options at full-back - no need to drag someone in from the dark like Kunle Odulami four years ago!

Best,
Blast from the past! He was playing at Sunshine Stars of Akure. Only God knows where he is now along with the giant Azubuike Egwuekwe. Egwuekwe seemed to be making his way to West Ham at some point.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Line-up for Croatia and Argentina. The midfield needs to be reinforced for those games

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Well done Ed, your selector is very easy to use... Below is my starting 11 and have made this selection after considering certain intangibles that I believe should not be overlooked:

CD
I prefer Omeruo to Balogun, Omeruo is better playing the ball out of back. Balogun is prone to errors when pressurized and makes too many errant passes. There is no doubt we will be pressed making the ability to pass out of it consistently of critical importance.

Full Backs
I think Elderson is the superior LB we have at our disposal - he is better than Idowu and Aina in my opinion. For the RB slot, I prefer Ebuehi simply because he has more speed compared to Shehu. Shehu works hard, but he consistently gets beat though he has excellent recovery. My problem is that by the time he recovers, the ball is already in the 18-yard box. I can easily envision our opponents awarded cheap penalties.

Midfield
I like Joel Obi's game a lot. A whole lot! And I think he can speed up the transition from defense to offense. Although I have conceded Mikel is undroppable, he holds on to the ball way too long. That has always being my gripe with him. With Joel also being an outlet, he can relieve the pressure should be become pressed. In addition, he can defend also. I prefer him to Onazi...

Attack
I admit I never appreciated Ighalo; I often wondered what Siasia saw in him when he played for the Flying Eagles. But now, I have gladly consumed the humble pie and washed it down with "Rum & Red Bull", it is a MUST that Ighalo spearheads our attack. He will not let the opposing CDs rest; this is exactly what we need. Akin to boxing, Ighalo delivers the jabs; this has a cumulative effect.

Musa and Moses as support strikers insert pace and creativity to provide a three-prong attacking menace no opposition can withstand for long. The goals might not come early, but they will surely come and come often. Gba be!

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

In my opinion, this squad will go far in Russia. .

I always suspected you are a foreigner, but I wouldn't have guessed in my wildest dream that you are from Croatia. You want us to use this line up so Croatia go wire us well well.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.