the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Post by smartbrother »

was the most disgraceful part of today's display
very shameful.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Post by YUJAM »

What do you mean by that?
smartbrother wrote:was the most disgraceful part of today's display
very shameful.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I tell people on this forum that these players have multiple allegiances, as do many of us on this forum.

Alli had/has EVERY RIGHT to play for England, actually any neutral would logically deduce that he is more English than he is Nigerian, so why were we angry that he turned us down? Why?

If he wanted to play for us, that would be a bonus, but it was never our right to demand it.

These players grow up in a country, many of them are even born in those countries, they are almost indistinguishable from their Anglo-Saxon peers, in terms of their upbringing, with the difference being, the little bit of home brought to them by their parents.

And in the case of Alli, he even had an estranged father! So he probably knows as much about Nigeria as Raheem Sterling.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

It's about time our fans created a hostile atmosphere for the opposing team. I don't mind the fans slating an opposing player. It's what can give a team that extra edge. However whether it was fair on Alli or not is another question. Don't think it bothered him to be honest.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Disgraceful considering those booing him also chose England over Nigeria for their livelihood. I can understand people watching and n Nigeria booing him but fools booing at Wembley we’re outa line :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

very shameful.
Booing 'Traitors' (note the inverted commas) is part of English football culture.
Dele understands that.
No hard feelings. Nothing disgraceful in it.
You're being unduly sensitive to what is essentially established football terrace fun.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I won't put words into your mouth Damunk.

So don't take this to mean that I am referring to you.

But I will say this generally, how can anybody say that Alli is a traitor, seriously? How?

In fact, I hope someone comes here and says he is, it has been a while since I went toe to toe on CE. Mscheww.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kbt wrote:It's about time our fans created a hostile atmosphere for the opposing team. I don't mind the fans slating an opposing player. It's what can give a team that extra edge. However whether it was fair on Alli or not is another question. Don't think it bothered him to be honest.
Very unlikely.
He knows the game.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nothing disgraceful about that.

He should be playing for Nigeria, not England.

I enjoyed the boos.

BTW they also booed Kane.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Tbite wrote:I tell people on this forum that these players have multiple allegiances, as do many of us on this forum.

Alli had/has EVERY RIGHT to play for England, actually any neutral would logically deduce that he is more English than he is Nigerian, so why were we angry that he turned us down? Why?

If he wanted to play for us, that would be a bonus, but it was never our right to demand it.

These players grow up in a country, many of them are even born in those countries, they are almost indistinguishable from their Anglo-Saxon peers, in terms of their upbringing, with the difference being, the little bit of home brought to them by their parents.

And in the case of Alli, he even had an estranged father! So he probably knows as much about Nigeria as Raheem Sterling.
precisely why i consider the treatment he received today at the hands of dumb Nigerians insensitve and disgraceful
Furthermore i may be wrong but dont recall this boy ever being invited to play for Nigeria before being selected for England
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I believe his father is on here somewhere, so...
Tbite wrote:I won't put words into your mouth Damunk.

But I will say this generally, how can anybody say that Alli is a traitor, seriously? How?

In fact, I hope someone comes here and says he is, it has been a while since I went toe to toe on CE. Mscheww.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nothing disgraceful about that.

I enjoyed the boos.

ofcourse you did
you're ohenhen
dumb as shiiit
Last edited by smartbrother on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I tire, I take it back.

I am gobsmacked...I don't want to insult my own intelligence. I won't take any more part in this thread.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Nobody boos Nobody's.

If Dele Ali was a scrub, no one will boo him.
The reason Naija fans do is because we know he is that good, and of course we feel rejected by his decision to play for England, so we show him that same rejection.

Childish?,...maybe. But it happens all the time, when players move to play for rival teams.

All in all, Dele knows the script. No hard feelings either way.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite, I deliberately put the word traitor in inverted commas.
If a player leaves a club under 'unfriendly' circumstances, you KNOW you will be booed the day your new team meets your old.
Its just the way the game is here in England and the players are used to it....in fact they expect it.
Even those booing in the stands are doing it with a smile on their faces. Its 'terrace humor - not really malicious and everyone gets it.

If anything, the right word is 'ribbing' rather than anything really negative.
I thought this was understood everywhere, but maybe not.
In this country, it is well accepted as the norm.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

very shameful.
Couldn't agree more. I switched on a bit into the first half and when I heard the boos I figured it was something he did to a Nigerian player or something like that. Even CE member do that nonsense here when they start cursing people for not choosing to play for Nigeria, it's disgraceful and says a lot about Nigerians as a people.

Nigerians are can be childish. Get over it, he's English!
Last edited by Mr. Piffington on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

you are a hell of comedian bro
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

charlie wrote:Nobody boos Nobody's.

If Dele Ali was a scrub, no one will boo him.
The reason Naija fans do is because we know he is that good, and of course we feel rejected by his decision to play for England, so we show him that same rejection.

Childish?,...maybe. But it happens all the time, when players move to play for rival teams.

All in all, Dele knows the script. No hard feelings either way.
Exactly

fans are just having a good time. No hard feelings.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

smartbrother wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Nothing disgraceful about that.

I enjoyed the boos.

ofcourse you did
you're ohenhen
dumb as shiiit
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I swear everytime I read ohenhen's posts I wonder about the guy.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Damunk[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Tbite[/color] wrote: I won't put words into your mouth Damunk.

Tbite, I deliberately put the word traitor in inverted commas.
If a player leaves a club under 'unfriendly' circumstances, you KNOW you will be booed the day your new team meets your old.
Its just the way the game is here in England and the players are used to it....in fact they expect it.
Even those booing in the stands are doing it with a smile on their faces. Its not really malicious and everyone gets it.

If anything, the right word is 'ribbing' rather than anything really negative.
I thought this was understood everywhere, but maybe not.
In this country, it is well accepted as the norm.
I am surprised that you have to break it down this much. Dele won't have minded at all, in fact he would be happy about it knowing that Nigerians in UK appreciate what he has become but felt let down he didn't end up repping England instead. As a Spurs fan I didn't mind it at all and probably would have done it if I was in Wembley.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Nigeria vs England. Dele Alli plays for England, hence he’s booed by Naija fans. Nothing disgraceful about it. It’s football. CE is becoming full of snowflakes, and I personally don’t care for it.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nigerians are just a replica of their government, praising their thief leaders, saw that today, instead of them booing their naive players in the 1st half who did not seem to know their right from left, could not lay a single pass, knocking each other out cold because of zero Communication, these are the same set of fans that are booing dele ali forgetting there are other black and mixed race players in the england set up, if Nigerian players get booed in Russia, they will cry racism right, dele alli made a right choice not to play with these disjointed set of players
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I don't get what the big deal is. Ghanaians booed Welbeck when England played Ghana. USA fans still give Rossi hell for rejecting them for Italy. IIRC, Naija fans booed the Naija Italian defender that plays for West Ham when we played Italy in 2013. Its what fans do. You guys need to chill. Nigerian fans are actually one of the best behaved fans out there.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.