"ISSA GOAL" SHOULD BE OUR WORLD CUP SONG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
"ISSA GOAL" SHOULD BE OUR WORLD CUP SONG

Post by Obong »

Issa Goal by Naira Marley featuring Olamide is the legit Super Eagles song for the 2018 World Cup. It is catchy, it is racy, it captures the rythm of Nigerian football and has crossover appeal. Plus it has the distinctive Afrobeat style that is a tribute to our current dynamic music sweeping the continent and the diaspora. The players can relate to the song, and it is very dance-floor worthy with the catchy refrain of "Issa Goal" and the current dance craze, shaku-shaku displayed in the video. It's a sure winner over Austin Milado's jumbled attempt (with due respect). Meanwhile, we await pajimoh to emerge from the studio.

http://www.thefader.com/2018/04/27/nair ... -interview
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: "ISSA GOAL" SHOULD BE OUR WORLD CUP SONG

Post by pajimoh »

Obong wrote:Issa Goal by Naira Marley featuring Olamide is the legit Super Eagles song for the 2018 World Cup. It is catchy, it is racy, it captures the rythm of Nigerian football and has crossover appeal. Plus it has the distinctive Afrobeat style that is a tribute to our current dynamic music sweeping the continent and the diaspora. The players can relate to the song, and it is very dance-floor worthy with the catchy refrain of "Issa Goal". It's a sure winner over Austin Milado's jumbled attempt (with due respect). Meanwhile, we await pajimoh to emerge from the studio.

Emerge from which studio? :shock: I no get the memo o
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:Issa Goal by Naira Marley featuring Olamide is the legit Super Eagles song for the 2018 World Cup. It is catchy, it is racy, it captures the rythm of Nigerian football and has crossover appeal. Plus it has the distinctive Afrobeat style that is a tribute to our current dynamic music sweeping the continent and the diaspora. The players can relate to the song, and it is very dance-floor worthy with the catchy refrain of "Issa Goal". It's a sure winner over Austin Milado's jumbled attempt (with due respect). Meanwhile, we await pajimoh to emerge from the studio.

Apologies. Maybe my mix-up. Who's the Cyber that's mixing up a song for the World Cup?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The song sucks cruds... and why is everyone copying McGalaxy’s dance moves :?: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Obong wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Apologies. Maybe my mix-up. Who's the Cyber that's mixing up a song for the World Cup?
Paj. Just call him"junkie". :tic: (two different people) I don't do drugs.
TheTactician
Egg
Egg

Post by TheTactician »

It's not bad, it's kinda catchy. It has some meme potential.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Catchy dance tune! I like am a lot.

BTW, Why do we have to have one WC song? Why not many??
Abeg keep on dropping these nice jams jo!

PAJ, wetin do?
Na so so we dey hear say you go soon drop...

All I dey hear from you na...
[/video]
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

not only is the song incomprehensible, stupid and downright ghetto, andy song that starts with "Kanu Nwankwo and Jay Jay Okocha" in 2018, is not serious. :oops: :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

The song is quite unimaginative..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

not only is the song incomprehensible, stupid and downright ghetto, andy song that starts with "Kanu Nwankwo and Jay Jay Okocha" in 2018, is not serious. :oops: :roll:
Thank you D. Driver! The song does not move anyone. No melody and no sense in it.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Don't want to knock the song and applaud the effort. But I prefer the Austin Milado one Paj posted. Though that's a repeat of an earlier song and someone posted the words have cult inferences. Personally tend not to feel songs I can't hear the words properly and I guess you have to get the vibe to really feel it. It's a bit impersonal to the current SE players compared to the Milado song.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Any song still mentioning Kanu, Okocha, Odegbami, Okala... should be banned. New generation, new heroes
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:Any song still mentioning Kanu, Okocha, Odegbami, Okala... should be banned. New generation, new heroes
Until dem win something abeg those names will still get mentioned. Haba una too dey rubbish history. May be they should lay more emphasis on the new folks, but to query why those who set the pace get mentioned.....i thought the lyrics of our national anthem made that clear.... :lol: :lol:

Abeg oh make una leave our heroes, make these small pikins try win something first!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Any song still mentioning Kanu, Okocha, Odegbami, Okala... should be banned. New generation, new heroes
Until dem win something abeg those names will still get mentioned. Haba una too dey rubbish history. May be they should lay more emphasis on the new folks, but to query why those who set the pace get mentioned.....i thought the lyrics of our national anthem made that clear.... :lol: :lol:

Abeg oh make una leave our heroes, make these small pikins try win something first!
What are you talking about?
We tend to glorify our past heroes as time goes by.
Mikel has won the ANC, a bronze medal at the Olympics and reached the last 16 at the WC.
Apart from a god medal at the Olympics (actually an age grade tournament where the better teams leave their best legs at home) there is nothing your "heroes" have a achieved more than Mikel, Onazi etc.
Kanu has not even scored a single ANC goal during his whole career!
This comes from someone who grew up with Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, West etc. in their prime. But there is no need to disrespect our current players as small pikins.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:

Egbon mi. It's an insult singing the names of those long retired when the new generations are giving their all on the field. We still glorify Kanu, Okocha etc. They have their own songs and we have our memories of them. How do we encourage the lads on the field if we are still stuck in the past?

I disagree with you on this one my senior.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

There is a release by Tony OneWeek that is just awesome. Unfortunately, I do not know how to post it here from WhatsApp.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Jam!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:There is a release by Tony OneWeek that is just awesome. Unfortunately, I do not know how to post it here from WhatsApp.
You'd need to post it on a sharing website like YouTube and put the link here.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:There is a release by Tony OneWeek that is just awesome. Unfortunately, I do not know how to post it here from WhatsApp.
It's an audio version that I heard. How do you work with that?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
It's an audio version that I heard. How do you work with that?
what's the title?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:The song sucks cruds... and why is everyone copying McGalaxy’s dance moves :?: :!:

Cheers.
Oh boy................................Lord help my people and their bad belle.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Coming Thru...Coming Soon... 8-)
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)