the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Post by green4life »

Whomever started this thread plus his supporters are a bunch clowns.

This is a no love lost situation. He picked a foreign country over his fatherland and you are wondering about the treatment? Is he one of us while he's wearing England jersey and playing against us? Please. Mad respect for our fans at wembely today for supporting the boys and booing the opposition including known traitors. If you no like am, jump off Niger bridge.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Respectability politics............. :lol: shout out to Bill Cosby.
Last edited by Kneedeep on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

marko wrote:Nigerians are just a replica of their government, praising their thief leaders, saw that today, instead of them booing their naive players in the 1st half who did not seem to know their right from left, could not lay a single pass, knocking each other out cold because of zero Communication, these are the same set of fans that are booing dele ali forgetting there are other black and mixed race players in the england set up, if Nigerian players get booed in Russia, they will cry racism right, dele alli made a right choice not to play with these disjointed set of players
You are a moron, and I am being serious. You want Nigerian fans to boo the Nigerian team away from home, when they are not playing well. I would think fans should encourage the team when they are not doing well, especially away from home...but what do I know. I’m not a moron, I guess...
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Why boo him even Buhari choose England over Nigeria. Sure PMB had mixed feelings over his medical country or land of his birth .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Nothing to see here. As Damunk explained, it was harmless ribbing and he would have expected it. If Nigerian fans were screaming vile abuse then that would be a different matter.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:
kbt wrote:It's about time our fans created a hostile atmosphere for the opposing team. I don't mind the fans slating an opposing player. It's what can give a team that extra edge. However whether it was fair on Alli or not is another question. Don't think it bothered him to be honest.
Very unlikely.
He knows the game.
I shake my head when people answer on behalf of others. This is quite patronising and arrogant. Dele might have been hurt. I personally do not see the reason why he was singled out for such an illogical and harsh treatment. I for one do not approve of the treatment he received from the Nigerian fans.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

charlie wrote:Nobody boos Nobody's.

If Dele Ali was a scrub, no one will boo him.
The reason Naija fans do is because we know he is that good, and of course we feel rejected by his decision to play for England, so we show him that same rejection.

Childish?,...maybe. But it happens all the time, when players move to play for rival teams.

All in all, Dele knows the script. No hard feelings either way.
Bros, chop knuckle... :clap: :clap:

You have to be good enough to be booed.

Dele Alli should be happy that his father's people deem him good enough to be booed.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

imehjunior wrote:Why boo him even Buhari choose England over Nigeria. Sure PMB had mixed feelings over his medical country or land of his birth .

Thanks as you said so eloquently, your president picked England as well
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Is Raheem Sterling a Nigerian?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

This has to be the most incoherent nonsense I have seen on this site...and I have seen plenty of nonsense on this site
marko wrote:Nigerians are just a replica of their government, praising their thief leaders, saw that today, instead of them booing their naive players in the 1st half who did not seem to know their right from left, could not lay a single pass, knocking each other out cold because of zero Communication, these are the same set of fans that are booing dele ali forgetting there are other black and mixed race players in the england set up, if Nigerian players get booed in Russia, they will cry racism right, dele alli made a right choice not to play with these disjointed set of players
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

They booed Ogbonna when Naija drew Italy...it's normal.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

nanijoe wrote:This has to be the most incoherent nonsense I have seen on this site...and I have seen plenty of nonsense on this site
If i was dele alli today, i will be happy i made an easy choice, i mean who wants to play football with a bunch of amateurs
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
thenewmagnet
Egg
Egg

Post by thenewmagnet »

smartbrother wrote:was the most disgraceful part of today's display
very shameful.
You're getting it wrong bro. The booing standard fare for Naija. BAMIDELE ALLI playing for England has to be booed.
Raheem Sterling was booed because -well because he's Raheem Sterling.
Danny Welbeck enter field Naija fans begin sing - GHANA MUST GO EH!!!!!!!
Just the way it is. It's not personal. Anything to destabilise the opposition.
You're taking things too serious
Naija crowd just de make yabis
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...we must be racist to have boo'd a black dude :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Only a moron would fault our fans today. They were excellent.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

What rubbish. Open a thread to castigate SE fans for doing what the English fans were doing to our boys? Its part of the deal. Not personal.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

cchinukw wrote:What rubbish. Open a thread to castigate SE fans for doing what the English fans were doing to our boys? Its part of the deal. Not personal.
That's why he's a moron.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Nigerian fans did me proud today.
Even in face of an abject performance and vastly outnumbered by English fans, they gave voice and brought colour to the whole event. Even the English loved it.
Booing Alli was all in good fun and I suspect even he enjoyed it. There was no name calling, no insults, no abuse. Just booing a top opposition player who, lets face it, is a stellar player but not universally loved, in England.
To see it as a disgrace is to not understand football and as one of the Nigerians at the stadium today, it’s so off point. We were a fun, loud group today and I’m super proud of us. You should appreciate us.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Vindave wrote:Is Raheem Sterling a Nigerian?
Jamaican

They would have something going with both Leon Bailey and Raheem Sterling in the forward positions
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Dele Alli lived in Nigeria with his father and family.it’s sad he finds us so repulsive he wants no association with us or even his family after being one of us. I think that’s why he was booed. He is not alien to nigerian culture or even food.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

waka-man wrote:Nigerian fans did me proud today.
Even in face of an abject performance and vastly outnumbered by English fans, they gave voice and brought colour to the whole event. Even the English loved it.
Booing Alli was all in good fun and I suspect even he enjoyed it. There was no name calling, no insults, no abuse. Just booing a top opposition player who, lets face it, is a stellar player but not universally loved, in England.
To see it as a disgrace is to not understand football and as one of the Nigerians at the stadium today, it’s so off point. We were a fun, loud group today and I’m super proud of us. You should appreciate us.
Agreed, the support was great. One of the few if not only highlight aside from Iwobi's goal.

Nothing wrong with booing Dele, it was pantomime stuff. Besides, this is a guy who once claimed he was called Dele because of the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin. For that alone, he should be booed. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

lekanlij wrote:Dele Alli lived in Nigeria with his father and family.it’s sad he finds us so repulsive he wants no association with us or even his family after being one of us. I think that’s why he was booed. He is not alien to nigerian culture or even food.

KPOM. I am glad they booed him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope other "traitors" like Lookman, Eyeb and Abraham were watching. I didn't even know Dele lived in Nigeria for a minute. Useless guy. As for those castigating the Naija fans, you guys need to shut it, Ghanaians treated Welbeck waaay worse when he chose England instead of Ghana. Rossi that used to play for Italy is still persona non grata when it comes to US fans
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mad respect to our fans. It felt like Nigeria was playing at home.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx