the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Post by Cristao II »

Even Spurs fans have booed Dele in the past. Move on!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kalani JR wrote:I thought the booing wasn't personal and more jokey style ribbing. For all of you angry that he's playing for England, get over it, they developed him. Super Eagles can't play absentee then come for every player with a Nigerian ancestor and think its our divine right to them.
He started out playing in Nigeria. Nigeria partly developed him. I doubt he will be this good without the Nigerian influence in his game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tayuma
Egg
Egg

Post by tayuma »

MAJORITY OF THE SUPPORTERS DIDN'T NOT BOO HIM BECAUSE HE CHOOSE TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND, MAJORITY OF THE FANS YESTERDAY BOOED HIM BECAUSE OF NEGLECTING HIS PARENTS.

I DON'T WANT TO BE A JUDGE, NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE, ABANDONING ONES PARENTS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT GOES WELL WITH OUR CULTURE..

IN HIS DEFENCE HIS UP BRINGING AND OTHER FACTOR COULD HAVE PLAYED A ROLE IN HIS MINDSET BUT THE FACTS IS ALWAYS HONOUR YOUR PARENTS (Fifth Commandment)

RATHER THAN BEING BOOED, ANOTHER WAY TO PASS THE MESSAGE ACROSS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER...
[img]May%20you%20live%20as%20long%20as%20you%20want%20-%20May%20you%20love%20as%20long%20as%20you%20live%20and%20may%20you%20love%20for%20others%20that%20which%20you%20love%20for%20yourself[/img]
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tayuma wrote:MAJORITY OF THE SUPPORTERS DIDN'T NOT BOO HIM BECAUSE HE CHOOSE TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND, MAJORITY OF THE FANS YESTERDAY BOOED HIM BECAUSE OF NEGLECTING HIS PARENTS.

I DON'T WANT TO BE A JUDGE, NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE, ABANDONING ONES PARENTS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT GOES WELL WITH OUR CULTURE..

IN HIS DEFENCE HIS UP BRINGING AND OTHER FACTOR COULD HAVE PLAYED A ROLE IN HIS MINDSET BUT THE FACTS IS ALWAYS HONOUR YOUR PARENTS (Fifth Commandment)

RATHER THAN BEING BOOED, ANOTHER WAY TO PASS THE MESSAGE ACROSS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER...
Exactly even if parents did something to offend him. He still needs to open the line of communication to grand parents, sisters and etc. Don't just neglect your family.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

ohenhen1 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:I thought the booing wasn't personal and more jokey style ribbing. For all of you angry that he's playing for England, get over it, they developed him. Super Eagles can't play absentee then come for every player with a Nigerian ancestor and think its our divine right to them.
He started out playing in Nigeria. Nigeria partly developed him. I doubt he will be this good without the Nigerian influence in his game.
Which club/youth team did he play for in Nigeria?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kalani JR wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

You can see the Nigerian flare in his game. He played in Nigeria from age 8 to 11. I don't know the name of his youth team or club.

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

tayuma wrote:MAJORITY OF THE SUPPORTERS DIDN'T NOT BOO HIM BECAUSE HE CHOOSE TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND, MAJORITY OF THE FANS YESTERDAY BOOED HIM BECAUSE OF NEGLECTING HIS PARENTS.

I don't see how his personal life is anyone's business. If he did a "Ramos" and tried to injure a Nigerian player or even insulted Nigeria directly I can understand, heck I'll even join the chorus, but booing him for his personal business is silly and petty regardless of culture or not. Have we even heard the young man's side of the story?

As someone who has issues with my own father I can relate to how annoying and judgmental Nigerians can be.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:

I don't see how his personal life is anyone's business. If he did a "Ramos" and tried to injure a Nigerian player or even insulted Nigeria directly I can understand, heck I'll even join the chorus, but booing him for his personal business is silly and petty regardless of culture or not. Have we even heard the young man's side of the story?

As someone who has issues with my own father I can relate to how annoying and judgmental Nigerians can be.
He was booed and will be booed again. Get over it.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

aruako1 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

Can't help it if you people are small time hypocrites. Constantly demand Nigerians to be respected yet can't respect yourselves.

Dele didn't choose Nigeria or cut ties with him family, so what? Ignore him and move on.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

nanijoe wrote:This has to be the most incoherent nonsense I have seen on this site...and I have seen plenty of nonsense on this site
marko wrote:Nigerians are just a replica of their government, praising their thief leaders, saw that today, instead of them booing their naive players in the 1st half who did not seem to know their right from left, could not lay a single pass, knocking each other out cold because of zero Communication, these are the same set of fans that are booing dele ali forgetting there are other black and mixed race players in the england set up, if Nigerian players get booed in Russia, they will cry racism right, dele alli made a right choice not to play with these disjointed set of players
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

theDunamis wrote:A footballer on the opposing team gets booed by fans of the team he is playing against and folks are writing epistles. Wow!! :shock: :shock:

As Damunk has taken care to explain, this is standard fare in football and in fact sports. As long as the fans do not resort to discriminatory and unsavory attacks, there is nothing at all to see here. If I was at the stadium, I will find any reason - including the slightest and most tangential of reasons like Kane stealing goals from teammates - to boo any English player in an attempt to rattle the player and throw him off his game.

This is one of the limited ways fans have to make their presence felt and players that have not been desensitized to that need to sit down on their team psychologist's couch a little longer.

can we rewind the match and boo him again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

As someone else said quite eloquently, your president choose England as well over Nigeria
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

smartbrother wrote:was the most disgraceful part of today's display
very shameful.
What is disgraceful is that you call yourself "smartbrother" and you claim to be a football fan.

I know Alli is a lot smarter than you and would see the booing as a backhanded compliment. That's what booing opposition players really is. Alli was booed b/c Nigerians would rather have him playing for us than England. We wouldn't want him playing for us if he wasn't good. Angelo Ogbonna was booed when we played Italy. Nobody booed Ikechi Anya when he played for Scotland against us.

Booing any good player that chooses the opposition instead of your team is part and parcel of the fan experience. When Shearer snubbed Manure for Newcastle, Manure fans regularly chanted "there's only one greedy b*stard" at him.

The same Nigerian fans that booed Alli would embrace him and treat him like royalty when England turns against him after he's no longer any use to them. Ask John Fashanu.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Tbite wrote:I tell people on this forum that these players have multiple allegiances, as do many of us on this forum.

Alli had/has EVERY RIGHT to play for England, actually any neutral would logically deduce that he is more English than he is Nigerian, so why were we angry that he turned us down? Why?

If he wanted to play for us, that would be a bonus, but it was never our right to demand it.

These players grow up in a country, many of them are even born in those countries, they are almost indistinguishable from their Anglo-Saxon peers, in terms of their upbringing, with the difference being, the little bit of home brought to them by their parents.

And in the case of Alli, he even had an estranged father! So he probably knows as much about Nigeria as Raheem Sterling.
He has a right to choose England and Nigerian fans have a right to BOO him!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:Funny thing is many of you justifying the boos have pikins that can chose to represent their country of birth instead of Nigeria. I wonder how you would feel if the boos directed at someone you know because they chose to represent their country of birth. I think it was stupid to boo him.
I'd boo my own son if he played for England against Nigeria! I used to like Glenn Hoddle as a player and when he was appointed England manager, my bro asked whether I will start supporting England. I told him I won't support England even if I was their coach. :taunt:
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

The SE final 23 have been announced and you guys are still here discussing the booing of an English footballer called Dele Alli. Na wao
Last edited by lacidi on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

Can't help it if you people are small time hypocrites. Constantly demand Nigerians to be respected yet can't respect yourselves.

Dele didn't choose Nigeria or cut ties with him family, so what? Ignore him and move on.
If he is good enough to be chosen by England, he WILL be booed!

You see us booing you even in Rant and Rave? :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:Funny thing is many of you justifying the boos have pikins that can chose to represent their country of birth instead of Nigeria. I wonder how you would feel if the boos directed at someone you know because they chose to represent their country of birth. I think it was stupid to boo him.
I'd boo my own son if he played for England against Nigeria! I used to like Glenn Hoddle as a player and when he was appointed England manager, my bro asked whether I will start supporting England. I told him I won't support England even if I was their coach. :taunt:
Kpom!

Booing is actually a compliment. Do pipul boo scrubs?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Kpom!

i don't think they are complimenting your redskins when the crowd is booing their poor performance.

but yes, booing can be a compliment.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: can we rewind the match and boo him again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chief, if by some miracle we meet England at the World Cup, I will personally be in the stadium conducting the 'bestest', most orchestrated booing ever seen in the round leather game. Every Nigerian and neutral fan will leave that stadium with a sore throat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

King Futcha wrote:
Cellular wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Kpom!

i don't think they are complimenting your redskins when the crowd is booing their poor performance.

but yes, booing can be a compliment.
When you are booing a team, you are booing their performance.

When you are booing a player it is because he is someone that you care enough to boo...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

Can't help if you are so sensitive about fans booing an opposing player with ties to their team. Everyone else has moved on - you haven't.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

ohenhen1 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

You can see the Nigerian flare in his game. He played in Nigeria from age 8 to 11. I don't know the name of his youth team or club.
Please name a team, playing in the street or school at 8 or 10 doesn’t count as development nor does it compare to what the FA and MK Dons did for him.