Mikel should start from the bench

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kali
Egg
Egg
Mikel should start from the bench

Post by kali »

Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Omeruo Moses
Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho
9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel should start from the bench

Post by 9jaMan »

kali wrote:Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Rohr will figure it out but let's hope it's before it's too late. We need someone like Etebo starting in his position :

Uzoho

Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho

:rotf: :rotf:

no Mikel no SE. That has already been established abeg
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Emotions. You can see that Mikel is far more skilled at keeping things moving in the midfield than any of our present players. It is left for the coach to craft up a plan that makes great use of that.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Mikel on the bench and Ogu starting ?

What a joke.

this coach just needs to tell Mikel to sit further back and let Iwobi do the play making. Mikel needs to keep it simple and release passes quicker.

*********************************IWOBI***********************************

**************MIKEL***********************************NDIDI***************
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kali wrote:Mikel is past it. This is not U-23 or African teams. He offers little in defence and little in attack. He slows down the attack.

Uzoho

Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho
My brother please just say NO... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Bigpokey go poke you o!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Uzoho

Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho
Deep breaths, my brother. Then take 2 steps away from your keyboard ... for the next 24 to 48 hrs. :mrgreen:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You have quickly forgotten poland and serbia I see. Don't worry, you will quickly forget these last two games too.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

platinum wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You have quickly forgotten poland and serbia I see. Don't worry, you will quickly forget these last two games too.
As in... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Guys are too funny mehn... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

100% agree Mikel should start from bench.

Etebo starting
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Kali might have a half point.....I won't drop Mikel but then don't play Iwobi as a deep lying playmaker when u have Mikel doing that role further forward.....just wey too many cooks
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Uzoho

Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho
You should have noticed how difficult it became to keep the ball when Mikel left. Bros, we do need Mikel in the center of things.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Na Mikel should sit on top of the defense, you noticed IWOBI coming to carry the ball from defense to attack?

What a waste, that guy should be providing the final pass for ighalo. Mikel should be in that position with a proper defense midfielder whose job is to clear and win ball in case Slow Mikel gets overun, i suggest Onazi
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enugu II wrote:

Uzoho

Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho
You should have noticed how difficult it became to keep the ball when Mikel left. Bros, we do need Mikel in the center of things.
I wanted to mention the obvious but someone with a JJ picture will soon point at my avatar picture. Good to see say no be only me notice am.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Every game, a new player should be benched.. CE.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

metalalloy wrote:Every game, a new player should be benched.. CE.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Next game, another name. Na real wahala ooo! Today, na Aina for save us. Never mind that he did diddly against Argentina and Congo. Tomorrow, we will also call for Onazi's return or for Ezenwa's return. The best player is always the one that did not play.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enyi wrote:Kali might have a half point.....I won't drop Mikel but then don't play Iwobi as a deep lying playmaker when u have Mikel doing that role further forward.....just wey too many cooks
I think you'll see in the game thread that almost everyone wondered why Iwobi was dropping so deep.

I really noticed it in that Serbia game and thought he had just abandoned his instructions and was dropping deep to create since Nigeria was doing nothing as far as that went however I now have to assume going by the games we've seen since then that he wasn't actually freelancing and was doing what he was told to do.

When you have Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu/Etebo or whoever in midfield, you have guys who're all comfortable with the ball. Iwobi shouldn't be having to drop so deep to retrieve AND carry the ball. He hugs it too much too. He needs to be in the last third otherwise there's just way too much traffic to go thru to influence the game.The fluidity is good though. The SE can literally confuse the heck out of the opponent because apart from Ighalo, the others in the attack and midfield can pop up virtually anywhere.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

born2win wrote:100% agree Mikel should start from bench.

Etebo starting
human excreta dey talk
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:Kali might have a half point.....I won't drop Mikel but then don't play Iwobi as a deep lying playmaker when u have Mikel doing that role further forward.....just wey too many cooks
I think you'll see in the game thread that almost everyone wondered why Iwobi was dropping so deep.

I really noticed it in that Serbia game and thought he had just abandoned his instructions and was dropping deep to create since Nigeria was doing nothing as far as that went however I now have to assume going by the games we've seen since then that he wasn't actually freelancing and was doing what he was told to do.

When you have Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu/Etebo or whoever in midfield, you have guys who're all comfortable with the ball. Iwobi shouldn't be having to drop so deep to retrieve AND carry the ball. He hugs it too much too. He needs to be in the last third otherwise there's just way too much traffic to go thru to influence the game.The fluidity is good though. The SE can literally confuse the heck out of the opponent because aparrt from Ighalo, the others in the attack and midfield can pop up virtually anywhere.
Which is why I think you should play Moses and Iwobi as wingers.....like in Arsenal, I know we did not do well in the league but then again we do not have Ndidi +/- Ogu in the Team
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Uzoho

Ndidi Etebo Ogu
Iwobi Iheanacho
I wanted to mention the obvious but someone with a JJ picture will soon point at my avatar picture. Good to see say no be only me notice am.
Nanijoe and Yujam are finetuning a Breathalyzer for forumers...

E no get nonsense pesin no fit hear for forum. :???:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enyi wrote:
platinum wrote:

When you have Ndidi, Mikel, and Ogu/Etebo or whoever in midfield, you have guys who're all comfortable with the ball. Iwobi shouldn't be having to drop so deep to retrieve AND carry the ball. He hugs it too much too. He needs to be in the last third otherwise there's just way too much traffic to go thru to influence the game.The fluidity is good though. The SE can literally confuse the heck out of the opponent because aparrt from Ighalo, the others in the attack and midfield can pop up virtually anywhere.
Which is why I think you should play Moses and Iwobi as wingers.....like in Arsenal, I know we did not do well in the league but then again we do not have Ndidi +/- Ogu in the Team

I'd agree with VM playing wide and cutting into the center IF the fullback on his wing helps stretch the hole he leaves. Iwobi? I'm not so sure about his wing ability. Simon was no great shakes but he showed a better ability to mirror VM on the other side. Iwobi is more comfortable playing in the middle (deep or behind the forwards).

Looking at the squad, we have a lot around the middle and the play will be really narrow if the left and right back dont play as wingbacks. I think this is why the 3-5-1-1 has been somewhat more effective.
Someone (true talk I think) mentioned we'd miss Simon and I agree. Also this is where Onyekuru should have let his play talk more instead of his yapper.

The wingbacks absolutely have to bomb forward or we will really struggle to create.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:
The wingbacks absolutely have to bomb forward or we will really struggle to create.

and this clown coach took Echijele over Aina.

To further compound his stupidity he seems to prefer Shehu over Ebuehi.

Is he watching different matches from the ones we are watching ?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
Enyi wrote:
platinum wrote:

I'd agree with VM playing wide and cutting into the center IF the fullback on his wing helps stretch the hole he leaves. Iwobi? I'm not so sure about his wing ability. Simon was no great shakes but he showed a better ability to mirror VM on the other side. Iwobi is more comfortable playing in the middle (deep or behind the forwards).

Looking at the squad, we have a lot around the middle and the play will be really narrow if the left and right back dont play as wingbacks. I think this is why the 3-5-1-1 has been somewhat more effective.
Someone (true talk I think) mentioned we'd miss Simon and I agree. Also this is where Onyekuru should have let his play talk more instead of his yapper.

Wasn't he yapping because he was not given an opportunity to let his play talk? Leaving that aside, im not sure he was/is the solution if there is any truth to the accusations of the anderletch coach regarding his defensive shortcomings. the left CB in a back 3 would be left exposed.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16