Pep Guardiola ‘does not like African Players" - Yaya Toure

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pep Guardiola ‘does not like African Players" - Yaya Tou

Post by spastic »

airwolex wrote:Don't know if Pep hates Africans or not but some of the reasons being given are laughable. So what if he got rid of Hart and molly cuddled Keita and a few token Africans? He could easily be one of those that tolerates Africans except the ones that actually have a backbone i.e Etoo and Yaya.

Tbh I don't even care if he hates Africans - no be today. It's just a bit irritating how people are calling Yaya drama queen and rewriting history propping up a donkey like Busquets. Yaya has had a long career and in a few instances he acted up, but by and large he has been a model citizen. The way he was treated by Pep first in Barca and then in Man City was disgusting. We all know he was on his way down in City but he hadn't regressed to the point of being relegated to the reserves and he shouldn't have been forced to apologize for what his agent said. That's not a way to treat a legend and long serving servant of a club.

Those could be classic signs of a racist or just a wanker or maybe both.
Dude,
If the evidence of his hate for Africans is built on him.gettinf rid of quality African players, the fact that he did the same to an even more popular English keeper is patently relevant. It suggests strongly that 'race'is not the factor here :idea:

Funny enough, you stumbled on the truth but walked past it. Yes, Pep doesn't like Africans that show a backbone :idea: Therein is the the answer.... But here is the kicker, he doesn't like Englishmen with backbone either, Hart. Or Swede's with backbone Zlatan, or Brazilians with backbone, Ronaldihno. Or Portuguese with backbone, Deco.

Simply put Pep only allows one Alpha dawg in the house. And that Alpha is Pep. All the other Alphas got to go :idea:

Somehow, intuitively, you all know the likely truth but would rather wade around in the cesspools of racist innuendo.

It's disgusting
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

spastic wrote:
airwolex wrote:Don't know if Pep hates Africans or not but some of the reasons being given are laughable. So what if he got rid of Hart and molly cuddled Keita and a few token Africans? He could easily be one of those that tolerates Africans except the ones that actually have a backbone i.e Etoo and Yaya.

Tbh I don't even care if he hates Africans - no be today. It's just a bit irritating how people are calling Yaya drama queen and rewriting history propping up a donkey like Busquets. Yaya has had a long career and in a few instances he acted up, but by and large he has been a model citizen. The way he was treated by Pep first in Barca and then in Man City was disgusting. We all know he was on his way down in City but he hadn't regressed to the point of being relegated to the reserves and he shouldn't have been forced to apologize for what his agent said. That's not a way to treat a legend and long serving servant of a club.

Dude,
If the evidence of his hate for Africans is built on him.gettinf rid of quality African players, the fact that he did the same to an even more popular English keeper is patently relevant. It suggests strongly that 'race'is not the factor here :idea:

Funny enough, you stumbled on the truth but walked past it. Yes, Pep doesn't like Africans that show a backbone :idea: Therein is the the answer.... But here is the kicker, he doesn't like Englishmen with backbone either, Hart. Or Swede's with backbone Zlatan, or Brazilians with backbone, Ronaldihno. Or Portuguese with backbone, Deco.

Simply put Pep only allows one Alpha dawg in the house. And that Alpha is Pep. All the other Alphas got to go :idea:

Somehow, intuitively, you all know the likely truth but would rather wade around in the cesspools of racist innuendo.

It's disgusting
someone who worked with the man everyday for years said he dislikes african players, that is what this is built on.

some of us have objectively, noticed a pattern of behavior that supports what yaya said.

on the other hand.

you the defenders, have never met him but say he's not... we are supposed to believe you over someone who worked with him for years.

now, the best thing to do for me, is to wait patiently for the african players he has worked with to come to his defense as apposed to africans who have never met him.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

The way I interpreted Yaya Toure's statement which I think is either lost in translation or just sensationalized to draw clicks or elicit response, is that Pep Guardiola doesn't like black or African players because of their skin color or ethnicity - racism but more because of confederation they play in....which is why he said non naturalized African players speaking more about them probably missing the season due to Nation's Cup commitments so he avoids them all together.

If we pay closer attention, Yaya lost his position because he went to the Nation's Cup and that is how he ended up losing his place to Busquet and the rest they say is history.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote:
spastic wrote:

Dude,

It's disgusting
someone who worked with the man everyday for years said he dislikes african players, that is what this is built on.

some of us have objectively, noticed a pattern of behavior that supports what yaya said.

on the other hand.

you the defenders, have never met him but say he's not... we are supposed to believe you over someone who worked with him for years.

now, the best thing to do for me, is to wait patiently for the african players he has worked with to come to his defense as apposed to africans who have never met him.

They keep missing that point. Instead, Platinum said we should listen to him, a person who has NEVER met Guardiola in his life. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:So now that we all agree he doesn't like African Players, is there anything we can do about this Pep guy?
Ask Spastic:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

niyi wrote:
LOL so in your book Yaya is closer to the guy charged with fraud than you. Based on what again?

Knowing the history of discrimination in the world against black people, it is unreasonable for anybody's first instinct to be searching out the black man's history and defend the accused. A normal first instinct would be to search out the accused person's history and ask, for instance, how African players have fared with the accused in charge.
When such an accusation is thrown out, both the accused and the accussers history are relevant.

Does Pep have a history of singling out and mistreating Africans?
Does Yaya have a history of 'Me, Me, Me'?

Let's be clear here, Yaya claimed he asked the Phtsios for his activity stats and from.what he got, it showed he was running around more than others. Thus, Yaya's argument is that he deserved to be playing ahead of someone.

Who? David Silva, Kevin Debryune or Fernandihno.? Who exactly. He should name names.

And since coaching is a judgement thing. It's hard to question the judgment of the guy who won the league with a19 points gap.

Was Yaya's argument that City would have won by 25 points with him playing or maybe even just 20 points?

Is it fair to look back at the last 3 years with Yaya at the fulcrum to judge whether City did better?

I mean, if Peps primary job is to fashion out a plan for City's victory... Is he succeeding in spite of his Afracism?

What were the margins of victory in the games Yaya played vis a vis those he didn't?

Now that he is a free agent, and supposedly as good or better than someone who started for the record breaking team, then rest assured someone in the top 6 in need of chasing City down are in luck. Surely, Chelsea, Liverpool or United will scoop Yaya up pronto, Right?

The point here is this: Examine all the factors.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

King Futcha wrote:

on the other hand.

Meh! Bullshit argument. I'm sorry KF but you are primed to see racism in every thing.

Again, no one has said he isn't a racist. The point of whether he is or isn't is irrelevant here. Neither I nor you nor Yaya know his heart.

Thus, the only issue here is whether Pep's actions warrant this claim.

There is a simple test here, flip the race, if Yaya we're white and the starter was black (he is by the way) would anyone think there was anything unusual about the benching of a 34 year old drastically slower aginf legend? The answer is no.

But folks bring up Yaya/Busquets. Even though it's arguable that Busquets was already a better fit at the time, but again Pep benching Yaya for Busquets is a lot like Pep benching Aguero for Gabriel.

The patterns are the same. Strong personality older guy vs young impressionable but talented guy. Time and Time again, Pep chooses the young impressionable talent over the older superstar.

And by and large, he fucks off all the strong personalities. Not just the African ones. All of them :idea:

Sadly, Yaya is the only strong personality Pep has made an exception for . But I digress.

#Metoo
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bros, you don come again making absolute statements from the outside. None of us know the truth. Only Pep knows why he does why he was such an a-hole to Yaya in particular.

But I'd advice you not to dismiss what African players say; they have been saying this for years (about certain European coachs/clubs) and better not to take sides and let things play out. Recently West Ham were exposed as trying to pursue a policy of not signing African players. It's not impossible that Pep really does not rate African players for various reasons. It's possible that Barca have a policy that favours Catalan players, after all, this is Spain, you don't know all the dynamics of what's going on.

Good you mention the Brazilians because Ronaldo said pretty much the same thing Yaya is saying and Ron is not one to vent lightly.
Real Madrid legend Ronaldo has given a scathing assessment of Barcelona's "very bad" treatment of Brazilians ahead of the January transfer window.

The striker spent a single year at Camp Nou before leaving for Serie A side Inter in 1997 and does not have fond memories of his time there.

Neymar's world-record €222 million departure in the summer for Champions League rivals Paris Saint-Germain stunned world football and Ronaldo claims his treatment there was reminiscent of his own negative experiences.

"I felt much happier and more connected to Real Madrid, despite having lived a great year in Barcelona," Ronaldo told Esporte Interativo .

"In the end, my history with Barca was very bad, similar to the one Neymar had.

"Barcelona have always had issues with Brazilian players: Neymar, Romario, Ronaldinho and me.

"We were all treated badly by the club in the end, despite all our contributions and dedication."

So just enjoy Barcelona and Pep's greatness for what it is. You never know with people.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

airwolex wrote:
Bros, you don come again making absolute statements from the outside. None of us know the truth. Only Pep knows why he does why he was such an a-hole to Yaya in particular.

But I'd advice you not to dismiss what African players say; they have been saying this for years (about certain European coachs/clubs) and better not to take sides and let things play out. Recently West Ham were exposed as trying to pursue a policy of not signing African players. It's not impossible that Pep really does not rate African players for various reasons. It's possible that Barca have a policy that favours Catalan players, after all, this is Spain, you don't know all the dynamics of what's going on.

Good you mention the Brazilians because Ronaldo said pretty much the same thing Yaya is saying and Ron is not one to vent lightly.
Real Madrid legend Ronaldo has given a scathing assessment of Barcelona's "very bad" treatment of Brazilians ahead of the January transfer window.

The striker spent a single year at Camp Nou before leaving for Serie A side Inter in 1997 and does not have fond memories of his time there.

Neymar's world-record €222 million departure in the summer for Champions League rivals Paris Saint-Germain stunned world football and Ronaldo claims his treatment there was reminiscent of his own negative experiences.

"I felt much happier and more connected to Real Madrid, despite having lived a great year in Barcelona," Ronaldo told Esporte Interativo .

"In the end, my history with Barca was very bad, similar to the one Neymar had.

"Barcelona have always had issues with Brazilian players: Neymar, Romario, Ronaldinho and me.

"We were all treated badly by the club in the end, despite all our contributions and dedication."

So just enjoy Barcelona and Pep's greatness for what it is. You never know with people.
Of course Barcelona favors Catalan players. Nigerian fans favor Nigerian players. That Barcelona favors Catalans is neither new nor surprising.

But that's not Yaya's claim. His claim is that his poor treatment by Pep is because Pep dislikes Africans. To disprove this, all you have to show is that Pep has done this to better non African players often and I almost every squad. Better yet, he has done it to players in their prime like Zlatan, Ronaldihno, Aguero, Deco, and Joe Hart. Thus, legitimately benching a past his prime star should carry little weight with anyone trying to reason this out.

No one would have played Yaya.over anyone who played. No one.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Yaya Toure. He was a great player but just like Joe Hart there is no place for him in the team anymore. Before Pep, they did not give him a birthday cake. As for his whingeing about not winning the African player of the year 5 years in a roll, let’s just pretend that did not happen.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

We have to believe Yaya b/c he knows Pep better than us, but we don't have to agree with Pep for dropping Yaya (and the other Africans) even though he knows them better than us.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

niyi wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Pep benched Bravo for Ederson, I guess he’s racist to Chileans too.
Awww so cute. Your attempt at one-line witticisms will be funny one day. Keep trying... never give up.
Tell ‘em why you mad son.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

11 pages

can we all just agree that Yaya is lying.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

11 pages

can we all just agree that Yaya is lying.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
txj wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
danfo driver wrote:At Bayern, only ONE African played under Pep - Mehdi Benatia :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: And we all know what happened to Mehdi. :rotf:
forgot about him, so the updated mistreated by pep list.

Eto'o
Keita
Yaya
Kelechi
Bony
Benatia

treated well by pep list:

“Whilst I’m manager, Keita will stay, because he’s the most generous footballer I’ve ever known. He deserves everything.”
"Everyone wanted to play but the coach offered me the job of playing at left-back, a position in which I had never played.

"He said it was fine. No-one would refuse to play a Champions League final, but I'm not selfish [and said I wasn't comfortable]," he added.

"Pep and I speak hardly at all. I am a person who does not speak much, even less with coaches," he explained.
Keita has gone back and forth on the Pep issue. He has called Pep out for saying good things about him while keeping his #$% on the bench. But he has reportedly also said that Pep is the best manager he has ever had and he owes a lot in his career to Pep.
not you too...

the last thing keita said was pep needs to stop using me as his 'i don't hate african players,' 'friend' paraphrasing of course.
My statement was based on this.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
txj wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
danfo driver wrote:At Bayern, only ONE African played under Pep - Mehdi Benatia :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: And we all know what happened to Mehdi. :rotf:
forgot about him, so the updated mistreated by pep list.

Eto'o
Keita
Yaya
Kelechi
Bony
Benatia

treated well by pep list:

“Whilst I’m manager, Keita will stay, because he’s the most generous footballer I’ve ever known. He deserves everything.”
"Everyone wanted to play but the coach offered me the job of playing at left-back, a position in which I had never played.

"He said it was fine. No-one would refuse to play a Champions League final, but I'm not selfish [and said I wasn't comfortable]," he added.

"Pep and I speak hardly at all. I am a person who does not speak much, even less with coaches," he explained.
Keita has gone back and forth on the Pep issue. He has called Pep out for saying good things about him while keeping his #$% on the bench. But he has reportedly also said that Pep is the best manager he has ever had and he owes a lot in his career to Pep.
not you too...

the last thing keita said was pep needs to stop using me as his 'i don't hate african players,' 'friend' paraphrasing of course.
My statement was based on this.
take better notes

pep used the great Keita like the black friend they always reference but never invite them to their house.
Saints baby we did it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Which is exactly what i said. Keita has reportedly gone both ways about his feelings for Pep. In 2012, he had man to man talks over his playing time, and in 2018, said that he owes his a lot of his career to pep.

What are they teaching you kids in Minnesota?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:Which is exactly what i said. Keita has reportedly gone both ways about his feelings for Pep. In 2012, he had man to man talks over his playing time, and in 2018, said that he owes his a lot of his career to pep.

you missed the boat yet again...

you should fix your backyard before worrying about what we teach kids in WISCONSIN
A Project Baltimore investigation has found five Baltimore City high schools and one middle school do not have a single student proficient in the state tested subjects of math and English.
Saints baby we did it
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Which is exactly what i said. Keita has reportedly gone both ways about his feelings for Pep. In 2012, he had man to man talks over his playing time, and in 2018, said that he owes his a lot of his career to pep.

you should fix your backyard before worrying about what we teach kids in WISCONSIN
A Project Baltimore investigation has found five Baltimore City high schools and one middle school do not have a single student proficient in the state tested subjects of math and English.
They need some Charter schools up in Baltimore.

But on the other hand, Futcha, is still posting irrelevant stuff.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

spastic wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

They need some Charter schools up in Baltimore.

But on the other hand, Futcha, is still posting irrelevant stuff.
let me catch you up... i am originally from wisconsin but he intentionally said what are they teaching you in minnesota.

he is from and lives in balitmore so i told him he needs to worry about his own backyard... thanks.

my position is clear, and i am of african descent and not african proper so pep would probably like me.

but is much bigger than me.

you keep making this only about yaya, let us discuss the five other african players mistreated by pep.

let us wait for one of them to come out and defend him.

so far the only one to defend him is kevin de bruyne from the democratic republic of congo

-----

Yaya Toure wrong to say Pep Guardiola has 'problems with Africans' - De Bruyne

Kevin De Bruyne has dismissed accusations from former Manchester City teammate Yaya Toure that Pep Guardiola "often had problems with Africans."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-c ... -de-bruyne
Saints baby we did it
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

What a thread,
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote:
take better notes

pep used the great Keita like the black friend they always reference but never invite them to their house.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

King Futcha wrote:
so far the only one to defend him is kevin de bruyne from the democratic republic of congo

-----

Yaya Toure wrong to say Pep Guardiola has 'problems with Africans' - De Bruyne

Kevin De Bruyne has dismissed accusations from former Manchester City teammate Yaya Toure that Pep Guardiola "often had problems with Africans."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-c ... -de-bruyne
KDB should really keep quiet on these matters.

Keita's problems with Pep were he wasn't being picked and he was once asked to play LB. Nobody from the Pep hates Africans brigade has said Keita should bench Xavi/Iniesta.
http://www.naijiant.com/