10 reasons why I have utmost faith in Odion Ighalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 reasons why I have utmost faith in Odion Ighalo

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) I for one am not bothered by all this fickleness whereby people are calling for Odion Ighalo to be dropped. It just shows how shallow CE forumers are. The fact remains that he is our greatest goal scoring threat going into the World Cup

(2) Very few strikers can hold the ball up like Ighalo

(3) He has not been scoring lately but that is not his fault. He has been denied service by a poor midfield. Give him service and watch him thrive

(4) Against England, the one time Iwobi fed him, he beat his man and hit the post, allowing Iwobi to score

(5) Against the Czech Republic, he was probably our best player. He even did an “Iggy Scoop” once. His problem in that game was Victor Moses. Look at how many goals he laid on a platter for the Chelsea man that day

(6) Nobody wins as many headers as Ighalo. He is a real handful for centre backs

(7) If we can get Ndidi, Mikel and Iwobi firing on midfield and providing service, Ighalo will score goals

(8) Ighalo also scores a lot of headers and tap ins from crosses. We need Tyrone Ebuehi to be whipping them in from the right and the left footed Joel Obi to be whipping them in from the left. Do this and watch Ighalo excel

(9) There is currently no Nigerian striker out there who can bring team mates into play like Ighalo. His lay-offs are brilliant and I can see him creating goals a lot come the World Cup

(10) Ighalo is one player who gives everything to the team. He runs, runs, runs and runs.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 10 reasons why I have utmost faith in Odion Ighalo

Post by cic old boy »

(11) Handshake?
http://www.naijiant.com/
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

cic old boy wrote:(11) Handshake?
Never shaken his hand yet. I will do after he does us proud in Russia.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Story story story. A striker main responsibility is to score goals and not all these moral victories bullcrap you’re talking. 3 in 19 is bad
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Seriously, you need to stop denigrating other people opinions. What do you mean "shallow", because they might not agree with you?

Ighalo's main job is to provide the goals. Threat is not good enough. If I have a bulb that is supposed to give light and it's not doing it, being ornamental is secondary.

Why do you think we don't have Emenike and Ideye in the team anymore? Our standards have lapsed over the years and we've come to accept a goal or two every 10 games as "our best" goal threat. Gone are the days when Yekini used to plunder goals for both club and country. If we are unable to try new strikers then we might not discover unexpected revelations.

The WC has history of making big names out of strikers who were not even first choice for their country or relatively unknowns.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

I support Ayo 100% on this one.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Ayo I tend to agree with your in depth and vast knowledge in soccer but this time around you have it absolutely wrong. The proof of the pudding is in the eating . Mr Ighalo has failed woefully in his primary duty as a striker in spite of the aforementioned positive attributes. Every team win matches by out scoring their opponents not by all those attributes he possesses. Those attributes effect 99% negative results if a team fail to score. That's the predicament confronting SE now. In spite of the impediment Mr Ighalo must find a way to start scoring if not SE's participation will be invariable short lived .
Last edited by bully12 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Iheanacho can do the job.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

11) Handshake in London.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Watch Igalo light up the World Cup. I remember Alan Shearer going on a goal drought prior to Euro 96 and he ended up being the tournament’s top scorer. Ighalo will do likewise in Russia, mark my words!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bully12 wrote:Ayo I tend to agree with your in depth and vast knowledge in soccer but this time around you have it absolutely wrong. The proof of the pudding is in the eating . Mr Ighalo has failed woefully in his primary duty as a striker in spite of the aforementioned positive attributes. Every team win matches by out scoring their opponents not by all those attributes he possesses. Those attributes effect 99% negative results if a team fail to score. That's the predicament confronting SE now. In spite of the impediment Mr Ighalo must find a way to start scoring if not SE's participation will be invariable short lived .

is the highlighted part for real? Please ask Ayo what position Osaze played....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Watch Igalo light up the World Cup. I remember Alan Shearer going on a goal drought prior to Euro 96 and he ended up being the tournament’s top scorer. Ighalo will do likewise in Russia, mark my words!
Unfortunately, your optimism isn’t founded on any tangible stats, results or observations. Btw, was Ighalo also starved of good service by an inept midfield in his final season at Watford :?: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Watch Igalo light up the World Cup. I remember Alan Shearer going on a goal drought prior to Euro 96 and he ended up being the tournament’s top scorer. Ighalo will do likewise in Russia, mark my words!
I'm convinced something is having an hallucinogenic effect on you. You're comparing Ighalo to Shearer? Dude please stop. Shearer not scoring is an exception rather than the norm. He's a 20 goals a season at minimum, man. Ighalo is a 20 goals a season, when all the stars are aligned in his favor, man.

Geez.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Agent at work
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Unfortunately, your optimism isn’t founded on any tangible stats, results or observations. Btw, was Ighalo also starved of good service by an inept midfield in his final season at Everton :?: :!:

Cheers.

Odion Ighalo never played for Everton!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

pajimoh wrote:
I'm convinced something is having an hallucinogenic effect on you. You're comparing Ighalo to Shearer? Dude please stop. Shearer not scoring is an exception rather than the norm. He's a 20 goals a season at minimum, man. Ighalo is a 20 goals a season, when all the stars are aligned in his favor, man.

Geez.
:D :D :D
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bully12 wrote:Ayo I tend to agree with your in depth and vast knowledge in soccer but this time around you have it absolutely wrong. The proof of the pudding is in the eating . Mr Ighalo has failed woefully in his primary duty as a striker in spite of the aforementioned positive attributes. Every team win matches by out scoring their opponents not by all those attributes he possesses. Those attributes effect 99% negative results if a team fail to score. That's the predicament confronting SE now. In spite of the impediment Mr Ighalo must find a way to start scoring if not SE's participation will be invariable short lived .

is the highlighted part for real? Please ask Ayo what position Osaze played....

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Unfortunately, your optimism isn’t founded on any tangible stats, results or observations. Btw, was Ighalo also starved of good service by an inept midfield in his final season at Everton :?: :!:

Cheers.
Watford,unless you have mistaken him with Yakubu!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Cheers.

Odion Ighalo never played for Everton!
Golly gosh gosh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyways, we are stuck with Odion till Rohr gets tired of him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I will revive this thread when Ighalo scores a hat trick!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Ayo's best post ever.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Ayo, in as much as I'm not a fan of Ighalo, I kinda feel he will do well at the world cup. My worry is leaving him isolated up front. He needs someone close to him to play off of or to follow up on the confusion he will definitely cause harassing defenders.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I will revive this thread when Ighalo scores a hat trick!
Ah ah relax he will do his thing, hold up the ball well and look to get others involved, he's very good at that. The goal scoring part is a little more tricky as we don't create clear cut chances and he's not one of those that can strike from outside the box or really create his own chance, at least not for the SE. but he will tire the defenders for Kele to come in and kill :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!