Maghreb na Berber; Oyinbo na Oyinbo - Osaze strikes again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Maghreb na Berber; Oyinbo na Oyinbo - Osaze strikes again

Post by truetalk »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44070259

Odemwingie believes those who play for the north African nations are "more clever" at reading the game and has also noticed a physical difference.
"The players in the north are a little bit leaner.

"They always start free-kicks faster, they have the mental game a bit more than the sub-Saharan teams."

"European coaches are different because they can offer a lot more than the matchday," added Odemwingie.

"They can prepare better tactically rather than just relying on talent, which is what our coaches did.

"Now football has gone to sports science, nutrition… these are things some of our coaches had never even heard about.

"We're more dependent on experienced coaches but we've a problem because we're trying to grow our own managers and coaches."

PS, apologies if any word offensive to people native to North Africa was used in the title. I searched & didn't see that either word was a slur.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Maghreb na Berber; Oyinbo na Oyinbo - Osaze strikes agai

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The Russian is coming out of him
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

highbury wrote:What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.
Kpom!
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote:What is the fool talking about? The teams that have gotten to the Q finals were Central and West African teams. With all their supposed extra smarts what have they done? I realize Osaze has always been an opportunist. He is no Nigerian.
Really? Did you say that? If Osaze is not a Nigerian, what is he?

You were very correct with your initial points or statements, but went offline with your last sentence
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Odas wrote:

You were very correct with your initial points or statements, but went offline with your last sentence
I don't expect such statements from a Nigerian. More importantly a Nigerian who represented the country. Hence my statement
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

True....that was lame from Osaze.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

highbury wrote:
Odas wrote:

I don't expect such statements from a Nigerian. More importantly a Nigerian who represented the country. Hence my statement
do you want his opinion or yours
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Between this and Mascherano the lazy narrative absurdity pre WC right on time..that train is never late.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44070259

Odemwingie believes those who play for the north African nations are "more clever" at reading the game and has also noticed a physical difference.

"They always start free-kicks faster, they have the mental game a bit more than the sub-Saharan teams."

"European coaches are different because they can offer a lot more than the matchday," added Odemwingie.

"They can prepare better tactically rather than just relying on talent, which is what our coaches did.

"Now football has gone to sports science, nutrition… these are things some of our coaches had never even heard about.

"We're more dependent on experienced coaches but we've a problem because we're trying to grow our own managers and coaches."

PS, apologies if any word offensive to people native to North Africa was used in the title. I searched & didn't see that either word was a slur.
Thanks for posting the link to the actual article. There's more to the article other than the pieces you highlighted.

Osaze made valid points in the context the article was written.

I urge people who commented without reading the full article to please read the article.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:
truetalk wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44070259

Thanks for posting the link to the actual article. There's more to the article other than the pieces you highlighted.

Osaze made valid points in the context the article was written.

I urge people who commented without reading the full article to please read the article.
Chair.....take time ooo. :-x
I read the whole article because of your post .........Osaze still remains a brainless buffoon.
The clown talks without EVER thinking.... What a dumbo :evil:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Osaze is a stupid half-breed.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I beg to differ.
He is 9ja through and through. :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Folks. It is not that serious O!

Osaze na Naija boy. Just can occasionally be a bit of a troublemaker when he feels he is fighting for his right, and yes he does need to be sensitive about some statements.

He however served Nigeria and played for the SE for at least 12 years.

Folks should also remember that he was also in the Insurance setup from childhood, and Willy Bazuaye reportedly had some wild coaching methods. Not sure if he was around the likes of Alabi Aisien
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ogasir wrote:Osaze is a stupid half-breed.
A very stupid offensive post.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Bro, E no reach dis one now!

I actually had a bit of a laugh reading it, thinking, Ozase should be more sensitive about what he says, but no human is half-breed.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

You’re better then that.

Also, truetalk, no offense taken brother.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cellular wrote:
It is a boomerang insult. I am not mixed race, but if I was, I would never be offended by this, I would just laugh.

What is the origin of this type of thinking? It is a primitive form of thinking related to ethnic purity. Someone who believes in such a thing and proclaims it, is an insult upon themselves.

If I were Suya reading that, I wouldn't be offended, I would just laugh.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

All you guys talking smack now all adopted Osaze as your hero in 2014 even though it was plain to see he was an unrepentant charlatan. I will never forget that his on-field selfishness cost us better finishes at both the 2010 and 2014 World Cups :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:

Shouldn't ogasir be cooling off his lips somewhere for that post?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Don't rewrite history, Osaze was one of our better players in 2014.

Also, in an era in which we had a plethora of brainless wingers, Odemwingie was a breath of fresh air. Yes he was winger (for those who remember), he was a forward utility player, someone who could play in just about every position upfront, so we might rewrite history and only think of him as a striker. Ayo Akinfe was not drunk when he said he was a 10, it was because Osaze was a utility player who was happy to play anywhere going forward.

He was primarily a winger for Nigeria, but I suppose he became branded as a striker in the later years, when it was required from him. As a winger though, he was a class above the likes of Nsofor and Musa. Perhaps Obasi could have been said to be better, but Obasi was injured half the time.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

deanotito wrote:
Kpom!
Highbury has a point. The sub saharan teams have done much better than the northern teams. The whole 'smarts' thing isnt a new perspective nor is it unique to Odemwingie. Any Nigerian who has followed the game for a while especially in the 70s/80s when our club football was stronger, will be familiar with that sentiment in terms of the 'cunning' nature of the northern teams. I don't necessarily agree with Odemwingie and he does have the tendency to indulge in stereotyping.

As far as his not being Nigerian, that's just an extremely silly comment.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Does anyone think heat and humidity has anything to do with lethargy? Up North here in the USA we consider Southerners to be slow and lazy. Then you go down South during the Summer getting hit with the heat and humidity and realize why.