Super Eagles Of Nigeria Land In Russia Ahead Of #WorldCup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Land In Russia Ahead Of #WorldCu

Post by charlie »

Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.
Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
Leave dem o. At the end of the day its just a freaking game.

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Up Eageles. Up Naija! :thumbs:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

those gals at the airport were a little too excited.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:Lovely!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Beautiful indeed! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

King Futcha wrote:those gals at the airport were a little too excited.
I guess for some Russian girls, the sight of a group of athletic, well-dressed, well-groomed black guys is a little too much to take in all at once. :D :thumb: :D
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
... and we are on our way to winning. Just watch; at least, being there gives us some chances.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:
At least we dey grass. where are your boys? :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Up eagusss!!!!!
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

They look happy together. I haven't seen the SE like this for a long time :thumbs:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

cic old boy wrote:Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.

well-spoken Mayor
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.

well-spoken Mayor
As persin wey understand di language, enh kwa?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
db10
Egg
Egg

Post by db10 »

Unfortunately, this outfit will also be blamed when the inevitable eventually happens
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

well-spoken Mayor
As persin wey understand di language, enh kwa?

Guilty! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
At least we dey grass. where are your boys? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smoking grass.
http://www.naijiant.com/
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ameeeooooooo! :thumbs:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Gbam! Nothing more to add, my chief. :agree: :clap:
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

charlie wrote:
Abeg, put am for archive! Up Eagles!!!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

FATHER TIKO wrote:BBC Sports Today programme on Monday called the outfit the best in the tournament...

O.k. ...oo...Best kits..now best outfits...
At least we're making a loud statement on this festival of football...

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Yep. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Na dem kampala be dat.
wich kin notin to add; haven't Africans played enough of this ya entertainment clowns role to the world . Enough is enough
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Na dem kampala be dat.
wich kin notin to add; haven't Africans played enough of this ya entertainment clowns role to the world . Enough is enough
Jette, football is entertainment!
Weytin you tink say e be?
Biafran War? :roll:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

my point is - must we always be the entertainer.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

jette1 wrote:my point is - must we always be the entertainer.
My guy, just shut the rass up. Football is entertainment.
http://www.naijiant.com/