Super Eagles Of Nigeria Land In Russia Ahead Of #WorldCup

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Land In Russia Ahead Of #WorldCu

Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.
Naija has won the fashion accolades this year. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
Leave dem o. At the end of the day its just a freaking game.

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Up Eageles. Up Naija! :thumbs:

those gals at the airport were a little too excited.

Damunk wrote:Lovely!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Beautiful indeed! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

King Futcha wrote:those gals at the airport were a little too excited.
I guess for some Russian girls, the sight of a group of athletic, well-dressed, well-groomed black guys is a little too much to take in all at once. :D :thumb: :D

Kabalega wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Man, I must admit those outfits look good. Our fashion has been on point this year.
Unfortunately, the WC is all about football on the green grass and that has been lacking...
... and we are on our way to winning. Just watch; at least, being there gives us some chances.

Kabalega wrote:
At least we dey grass. where are your boys? :lol: :lol: :lol:

donadoni

Post by donadoni »

Up eagusss!!!!!
Godfather

Post by Godfather »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
guest83

Post by guest83 »

They look happy together. I haven't seen the SE like this for a long time :thumbs:

cic old boy wrote:Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.

well-spoken Mayor

Ebyboy

Post by Ebyboy »

cic old boy wrote:Special landing for the Eagles. May their takeoff be delayed until July.

well-spoken Mayor
As persin wey understand di language, enh kwa?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
db10

Post by db10 »

Unfortunately, this outfit will also be blamed when the inevitable eventually happens

Ebyboy wrote:

well-spoken Mayor
As persin wey understand di language, enh kwa?

Guilty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kabalega wrote:
At least we dey grass. where are your boys? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smoking grass.

Ameeeooooooo! :thumbs:

Kabalega wrote:

If anyone has ever been to a World Cup or Olympics they'll realize it is not only about the football or the sport. Its a phenomenally cultural event.

Some of my abiding memories of France '98 (aside from Oliseh's goal v Spain) were suddenly finding myself stranded amongst a sea of Spanish fans pre-game (my initial fears were unfounded. They surrounded me and happily took pics); the orange Dutch fans reminiscing with us on Kanu and Finidi George; Bulgarians 'sharing our GWG colours; the Paraguayans in their tall hats begging us fans to 'allow' them win, tongue-in-cheek); and the stern French police telling us in their halting English that driving up a certain street was "forbidden". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the football brings us all together, but the experience is far beyond the win, loss and draw that we all seem to get obsessed about.

I am loving the costumes, the cultural dances, the sights, the protocol....its an all-round experience and if at the end of the day we only win the Costume Cup, so be it.
Me, I am intent on enjoying the total package. Every true fan should try it at least once.

If they like, let those killjoys 'die a thousand times' before the first ball is kicked.
Na dem kampala be dat.
Gbam! Nothing more to add, my chief. :agree: :clap:
Sampo

Post by Sampo »

charlie wrote:
Abeg, put am for archive! Up Eagles!!!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!

FATHER TIKO wrote:BBC Sports Today programme on Monday called the outfit the best in the tournament...

O.k. ...oo...Best kits..now best outfits...
At least we're making a loud statement on this festival of football...

Yep. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kabalega wrote:

Na dem kampala be dat.
wich kin notin to add; haven't Africans played enough of this ya entertainment clowns role to the world . Enough is enough

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

Kabalega wrote:

Na dem kampala be dat.
wich kin notin to add; haven't Africans played enough of this ya entertainment clowns role to the world . Enough is enough
Jette, football is entertainment!
Weytin you tink say e be?
Biafran War? :roll:

my point is - must we always be the entertainer.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

jette1 wrote:my point is - must we always be the entertainer.
My guy, just shut the rass up. Football is entertainment.