Moses could be dropped

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Moses could be dropped

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

OCCUPY NFF!!
ikemba
Egg
Egg
Re: Moses could be dropped

Post by ikemba »

owngoal fabricated :boo:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

No problem for me so long as Moses is dropped to RWB (his Chelsea role) given I expect us to line up in a 352. But I'd rather have Iheanacho than Musa as Ighalo's partner.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

story story...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

going forward, anyone who post owngoal will receive this
This post was made by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Hmmmmm.

Its not really so much a fabrication, its based on how the teams lined up in warmups which has been indicative of the starters in the previous matches.

Both teams lined up 433. I dont think Musa is suited for a 433, he would do better in the 532 role, where he would have less playmaking responsibilities, which frankly he sucks at. Would much rather Nacho replaced Moses, if he needs to be dropped. I hope Rohr knows what he is doing.

Teams lined up like this

A TEAM

*********************************UZOHO**************************************

EBUEHI*****************BALOGUN*************OMERUO********************IDOWU

***************************ETEBO**********NDIDI*****************************

*********************************MIKEL**************************************

MUSA*****************************************************************IWOBI

***********************************IGHALO***********************************

B TEAM

***********************************EZENWA***********************************

SHEHU********************TROOST***************AWAZIEM***************ECHIJELE

****************************JOEL*************ONAZI****************************

************************************OGU***************************************

MOSES****************************************************************IHEANACHO

************************************NWANKWO***********************************

To me this suggests a few things.

1. Rohr has not given up on the 433 and is seriously considering it.

2. It would appear that Rohr is having second thoughts about
a) who is the best partner for Balogun, perhaps Omeruo to stake a claim, but seriously I doubt it
b) Moses he clearly identifies is not living up to his potential and is considering Musa. Though I seriously doubt Musa will start over Moses because the gap in quality between the two is just too much. Now if we had Onyekuru or even Simon Moses, I think Moses being benched would be much more likely.

I can only see Musa being effective in a 532 with him as a second striker. Musa is notorious for straying offside as well which is very annoying given his speed.

What I like is that Rohr clearly sees Etebo as a legitimate option to start in midfield especially if Iwobi is placed on the wings in a 433.

Etebo to me is the guy who may have a breakout performance this WC.

While everyone is looking to Mikel, Ndidi, or Iwobi, it may yet be Etebo to play a key role.

I also think that Ebuehi may play a key role in our success. The apparent dropping of Shehu for him is a big step forward for us. His speed combined with his willingness to join the attack, his ability to cover opposition and ability to pocket players like DiMaria is very key. He will be going up against Perisic, and I am much more at ease with him there than Shehu, who would be a disaster IMO.

So far in order of importance to the team, I rank the players as follows.

1. Mikel
2. Iwobi
3. Ndidi
4. Victor Moses
5. Balogun
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

4-3-3 ke?
Do you see how thin we are in the middle. Rohr will not learn. Then people wonder why we are playing disjointed football.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

vancity eagle wrote:Hmmmmm.

Its not really so much a fabrication, its based on how the teams lined up in warmups which has been indicative of the starters in the previous matches.

Both teams lined up 433. I dont think Musa is suited for a 433, he would do better in the 532 role, where he would have less playmaking responsibilities, which frankly he sucks at. Would much rather Nacho replaced Moses, if he needs to be dropped. I hope Rohr knows what he is doing.

Teams lined up like this

A TEAM

*********************************UZOHO**************************************

EBUEHI*****************BALOGUN*************OMERUO********************IDOWU

***************************ETEBO**********NDIDI*****************************

*********************************MIKEL**************************************

MUSA*****************************************************************IWOBI

***********************************IGHALO***********************************

B TEAM

***********************************EZENWA***********************************

SHEHU********************TROOST***************AWAZIEM***************ECHIJELE

****************************JOEL*************ONAZI****************************

************************************OGU***************************************

MOSES****************************************************************IHEANACHO

************************************NWANKWO***********************************

To me this suggests a few things.

1. Rohr has not given up on the 433 and is seriously considering it.

2. It would appear that Rohr is having second thoughts about
a) who is the best partner for Balogun, perhaps Omeruo to stake a claim, but seriously I doubt it
b) Moses he clearly identifies is not living up to his potential and is considering Musa. Though I seriously doubt Musa will start over Moses because the gap in quality between the two is just too much. Now if we had Onyekuru or even Simon Moses, I think Moses being benched would be much more likely.

I can only see Musa being effective in a 532 with him as a second striker. Musa is notorious for straying offside as well which is very annoying given his speed.

What I like is that Rohr clearly sees Etebo as a legitimate option to start in midfield especially if Iwobi is placed on the wings in a 433.

Etebo to me is the guy who may have a breakout performance this WC.

While everyone is looking to Mikel, Ndidi, or Iwobi, it may yet be Etebo to play a key role.

I also think that Ebuehi may play a key role in our success. The apparent dropping of Shehu for him is a big step forward for us. His speed combined with his willingness to join the attack, his ability to cover opposition and ability to pocket players like DiMaria is very key. He will be going up against Perisic, and I am much more at ease with him there than Shehu, who would be a disaster IMO.

So far in order of importance to the team, I rank the players as follows.

1. Mikel
2. Iwobi
3. Ndidi
4. Victor Moses
5. Balogun
Interesting point - except that I have personal doubt about Etebo being as good as we think he is. I will gladly eat humble pie on this one as me being wrong will benefit Nigeria.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robotnik wrote:4-3-3 ke?
Do you see how thin we are in the middle. Rohr will not learn. Then people wonder why we are playing disjointed football.

how?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

MUSA?
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

danfo driver wrote:

how?
I hope we are talking about 4-2-3-1
In a strict 4-3-3 one disadvantage is that the player are not a close and compact
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Robotnik wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

how?
I hope we are talking about 4-2-3-1
In a strict 4-3-3 one disadvantage is that the player are not a close and compact
Actually, a proper 433 is more compact and defensively stout than a 4231. And we have a lot of CMs to execute a 433 if that is what Rohr wants to do. Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo, Ogu and Joel. That's 6 CMs for 3 jobs. This partly explains why he's gone with the 352 (which can also use 3 CMs).
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Musa's form of late has been good. His confidence is back. I think he'll be one of our better performers again this WC. There's something about Moses and underperforming at WCs. He'll click back bay God's grace.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Not that simple. So we are to believe that he is also dropping William Ekong? That is we are to go by lineups alone.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

So....true story

I couldn't watch the Czech game live so I followed comments on here, which seemed to imply our attack was impotent. My feeling was that Rohr needed to "blow things up" up there, and replace Moses with Musa - whose penetration is much more direct.

When I finally did watch the game, I tabled those thoughts. Moses did fine....I do think Rohr should keep Musa on the ready though. They are very different players, and one may be more useful than the other from time to time
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ikemba wrote:owngoal fabricated :boo:
Seems like Owngoal is part of NFF attempt to misinform our opponents... :tic:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Enugu II wrote:Not that simple. So we are to believe that he is also dropping William Ekong? That is we are to go by lineups alone.

Exactly, no way Rohr is leaving Vic mo and Ekong out of the first 11, unless he is trying to lose on purpose
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Sam Audu reported this

Super Eagles training in Essentuki

Samm Audu reports this based on training session...

Likely #SuperEagles starting XI was Uzoho- Idowu, Ebuehi, Omeruo, Balogun- Ndidi, Etebo- Ahmed Musa, Mikel, Iwobi - Ighalo #WorldCup #NGA

#JustForTrainingExercise
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

9jaMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Not that simple. So we are to believe that he is also dropping William Ekong? That is we are to go by lineups alone.

Exactly, no way Rohr is leaving Vic mo and Ekong out of the first 11, unless he is trying to lose on purpose
You never know. Ekong may have picked up a knock. Also, in as much as he has improved a lot for the SE over the last 2 years, he is still a couple of notches below Awaziem and Balogun in terms of ability in the CD position, in my opinion.

Moses has simply not looked interested in the friendlies. Mostly jogging and strolling around. Even though most on here had said he would turn it on come game day, I had written that Rohr should drop him to the bench, if only to make a statement, and especially if he had that same attitude in training.

The only question now is if Musa can deliver?

Of course, none of this is certain, but Sam Audu is probably the most respected Nigerian sports journalist out there.
Last edited by truetalk on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Recently, on another thread, I asked CE to apologize to Owngoal because they were spot on and beat even KOC to recent SE related matters. Looks like this time, they have good sources in the current set up.

Una remember Inner Caucus getting all the SE news way back then? Sometimes sources dry up.

I fit tell una now say this own goal story is consistent with what my people on the ground told me about Moses performance so far. I even reminded them that Keshi had to drop him during WC 2014.

He needs to transfer his Chelsea respect and disciplined plays to SE. Lighting fire in his yansh will do us good.

Kudos to Rohr for wanting to change a losing team.

Dem tell me say the training na helele and one injury prone player wey they fear injury almost fight Kele when Kele tackle am.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Who would you rather have running at Lovren - Musa or Moses? I will take Musa over Moses for this role 99% of the time. Go figure..ask Argentina how it feels like going against Musa.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cmoke wrote:Recently, on another thread, I asked CE to apologize to Owngoal because they were spot on and beat even KOC to recent SE related matters. Looks like this time, they have good sources in the current set up.

Una remember Inner Caucus getting all the SE news way back then? Sometimes sources dry up.

I fit tell una now say this own goal story is consistent with what my people on the ground told me about Moses performance so far. I even reminded them that Keshi had to drop him during WC 2014.

He needs to transfer his Chelsea respect and disciplined plays to SE. Lighting fire in his yansh will do us good.

Dem tell me say the training na helele and one injury prone player wey they fear injury almost fight Kele when Kele tackle am.

This!

BTW, Senior, you dey go Russia?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cmoke wrote:Recently, on another thread, I asked CE to apologize to Owngoal because they were spot on and beat even KOC to recent SE related matters. Looks like this time, they have good sources in the current set up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16