Spain has fired their coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet
Spain has fired their coach

Post by muzines »

Apparently Spain might fire Lopategui today for accepting the Real Madrid job 2 days before the World Cup. The Spanish FA president apparently found out 15 minutes before it was announced, and he left the UEFA hotel in Moscow to go deal with the coach.

The Spanish are transforming into Nigeria in front of us... :lol: .
Last edited by muzines on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain might fire the coach today

Post by Kabalega »

They will not fire him!
But they should... :twisted:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

He's been sacked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
donzopia
Egg
Egg

Post by donzopia »

Last edited by donzopia on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
FM 2020
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tough call... but right call, if what the Spanish FA are saying is true.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

:rotf:
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

They sure fired him! No WC on his resume.
Now for the replacement.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Kabalega wrote:They will not fire him!
You're wrong a lot my Ugandan brother :tic:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

fabio wrote:Tough call... but right call, if what the Spanish FA are saying is true.
Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

platinum wrote: Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.
... According to the Spanish FA, they were informed 5 minutes before Real Madrid made the announcement.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Wow! Brave decision by the federation. The coach just signed an extension with Spain. And he could be fired by Madrid in a matter of months.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

platinum wrote:
If only you knew how much tail I get...
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Na wa oh... :shock: :blink:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/spain/story/ ... -world-cup
Julen Lopetegui has been sacked as Spain national coach on the eve of the World Cup, one day after agreeing to take over at Real Madrid.

Madrid had been looking for a replacement since Zinedine Zidane stepped down last month, just days after winning a third consecutive Champions League trophy.

In a news conference, Spanish FA (RFEF) president Luis Rubiales said it was a complicated situation but one that he felt "compelled" to make.

"I very much admire Julen and respect him greatly," Rubiales said. "He seems to be a top coach and that has made it more difficult to make this decision.

"To win is very important. To have the best coach very important. But, above everything, is acting in the right way. Maybe this is tough now, but in the end, it will make us stronger."

After guiding Spain easily through qualification to the World Cup finals, Lopetegui had agreed a new contract up until Euro 2020 in May.

But just three days before Spain's Group B opener against Portugal in Sochi, Russia, Madrid announced on Tuesday afternoon that they had convinced him to leave that position after the tournament is over to take up a three-year deal with the La Liga giants.

"The federation cannot be left outside the negotiation of one of its employees and find out just five minutes before a public announcement," Rubiales said. "If anybody wants to talk to one of our employees, they have to speak to us, too. That is basic, as this is the team of all Spaniards. The national team is the most important team we have and the World Cup is the biggest [competition] of all."

Rubiales and Lopetegui were set to give a news conference from the national team's camp in Krasnodar early on Wednesday morning. Ex-Spain and Madrid defender Fernando Hierro is also with the team in Russia as sporting director and could step in as coach if Lopetegui were to leave immediately.

On Tuesday night, RFEF vice-president Rafael del Amo told Radio Marca that he was very disappointed by the timing of Madrid taking the national coach, and predicted further negative fallout should Spain not now win the World Cup.

"I don't like it, don't like it at all," Del Amo said. "This is not the moment, [Lopetegui] will know that. It is a bit offside, he should have been focused on where he is, there is a lot on the line. I believe they should have looked for another moment, but you must have respect too. I [still] believe we will win the tournament, I hope so. If not, you realise how bad this news could be, for some, and for others. For sure it is not the best thing that could have happened."

Reports say that the former Madrid and Barcelona goalkeeper, whose representative Caros Bucero works closely with Portuguese super-agent Jorge Mendes, will triple his salary with the move.

Rubiales spoke with Marca on his return to the Krasnodar camp from Moscow, where the national federation president had been expecting to attend Wednesday's vote to pick the host for the 2026 World Cup.

"This is not the moment to speak, but we will take the best decision for the national team," said Rubiales, who was only voted RFEF president last month. "We will do things with responsibility."
Lopetegui :boo:
Real Madrid :boo: :boo:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The YeyeMan wrote:He's been sacked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmm, wow!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hmm I see no one is talking about Spain should have let him coach the world cup.
Will people have say the same if this was say Nigeria FA do this?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

platinum wrote:
fabio wrote:Tough call... but right call, if what the Spanish FA are saying is true.
Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.
:agree: :agree: :agree: Real Madrid should not have announced the employment of the coach - until after the World Cup tournament - or till Spain is back home
Last edited by Odas on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Rubiales definitely has balls of steel. At least we know the World Cup is here.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Some decisions are made on principle regardless of the cost. Nigeria need to learn from this. I remember when Spurs sacked Redknapp for something similar, some sausages here were talking rubbish about sacking our best manager and how we'll suffer.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

fabio wrote:
platinum wrote: Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.
... According to the Spanish FA, they were informed 5 minutes before Real Madrid made the announcement.
Lopetegui forced Real to speak. Apparently a player from the 23 found out and brought it up compromising the whole squad. Incredibly idiotic from Real. This is what selfishness looks like.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Kabalega wrote:
platinum wrote:
If only you knew how much tail I get...
Cow tail, rat tail, monkey tail, bush rat tail.....I have no doubt you get a lot of tail, you're an African man.
kofi86
Egg
Egg
Re: Spain has fired their coach

Post by kofi86 »

Did they fire him because they were not informed? If they think it effects the team, ok, but just on principle? They agreed to the release clause, so what's their problem?
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

muzines wrote:Rubiales definitely has balls of steel. At least we know the World Cup is here.
The Spanish FA have done the right thing. Regrettable that it came to this but 100% right. Real Madrid think they're gods, 3 straight UCLs and they put themselves above the country. Their eye go clear next season. Spain is very corrupt when it needs to be.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain has fired their coach

Post by platinum »

kofi86 wrote:Did they fire him because they were not informed? If they think it effects the team, ok, but just on principle? They agreed to the release clause, so what's their problem?
TWO days before? Cmon!
Sure they agreed but why would they think this would happen with a tourney on the horizon? I bet they thought he might go AFTER the cup but this? No.

Absolutely affects the team, a non-Real player opened the news up. Spain is already a fragile group. Absolutely affects the team and honestly the PRINCIPLE of it demands that you sack him.