Spain has fired their coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lionga
Egg
Egg
Re: Spain has fired their coach

Post by lionga »

I heard the Madrid players in camp knew beforehand, but then another player found out so Real Madrid decided to spill the news..wow
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I expected a fall out. But this is gangsta.

Well, Conte is on the market. Just in case Spain enjoys suffering without the ball.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain might fire the coach today

Post by aruako1 »

kajifu wrote:Hmm I see no one is talking about Spain should have let him coach the world cup.
Will people have say the same if this was say Nigeria FA do this?
That is what most people are saying. They should have left him to continue coaching.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Spain has degenerated to a 3rd world FA, just as Trump has made the USA a 3rd world political governing body. Interesting times folks.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

platinum wrote:
kofi86 wrote:Did they fire him because they were not informed? If they think it effects the team, ok, but just on principle? They agreed to the release clause, so what's their problem?
TWO days before? Cmon!
Sure they agreed but why would they think this would happen with a tourney on the horizon? I bet they thought he might go AFTER the cup but this? No.

Absolutely affects the team, a non-Real player opened the news up. Spain is already a fragile group. Absolutely affects the team and honestly the PRINCIPLE of it demands that you sack him.
Couldn’t have said it better. It was a shady way to treat your team.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Legend Hierro takes over.
http://www.naijiant.com/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

cic old boy wrote:Legend Hierro takes over.
Wow this is some crazy stuff! But good decision by the FA, thats just unacceptable!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Rash decision by the Spanish FA if you ask me. A strongly-worded protest to Real Madrid would have sufficed. What is the advantage of sacking the coach a few days before the World Cup?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Did the coach inform Spain? My understanding is that the sack is due to JL holding negotiations with RM while being employed by the FA and not informing them.

This could all have been dealt with if someone had just called the FA and discussed it. That which is done in secret shall one day be revealed.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Let me get this sack of a thing. Would that include all his back room staff? His assistants, medical staff, physio, nutritionist, match analysts etc? Only be to be replaced with a new team?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

White people always disgracing themselves :taunt:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Prince wrote:White people always disgracing themselves :taunt:
Typical African big Man!

Putting his ego ahead of the the good of the team.

Sorry, which country is ..

Never mind
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rash decision by the Spanish FA if you ask me. A strongly-worded protest to Real Madrid would have sufficed. What is the advantage of sacking the coach a few days before the World Cup?
You don't sign a contract extension and then negotiate to leave behind your employer's back. Madrid should inform the Federation b/4 negotiating with the coach. The Federation only found out a few minutes b/4 it was announced. Sometimes the right thing is the hardest thing to do.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

truetalk wrote:
Prince wrote:White people always disgracing themselves :taunt:
Typical African big Man!

Putting his ego ahead of the the good of the team.

Sorry, which country is ..

Never mind
That is why we never get it right, :D
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Spain sack national team manager Julen Lopetegui 48 hours before their World Cup campaign kicks off - See more at: https://goo.gl/EnqPsC

Spain are just lucky they are not in a tough group!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

cic old boy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rash decision by the Spanish FA if you ask me. A strongly-worded protest to Real Madrid would have sufficed. What is the advantage of sacking the coach a few days before the World Cup?
You don't sign a contract extension and then negotiate to leave behind your employer's back. Madrid should inform the Federation b/4 negotiating with the coach. The Federation only found out a few minutes b/4 it was announced. Sometimes the right thing is the hardest thing to do.

I agree with you about the principles but Plato was always talking about a thing called "The chief good." If his sacking leads to Spain getting knocked out of their group, what good has it served?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Strongly worded? Ayo stop that nonsense please.
There is a time to talk and there is a time to act, there are those who keep yapping and those who keep doing. This absolutely called for action.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Spain sack national team manager Julen Lopetegui 48 hours before their World Cup campaign kicks off - See more at: https://goo.gl/EnqPsC

Spain are just lucky they are not in a tough group!
It is a tough group.

Morocco is a solid side.

I have not seen Iran lately, but the word is they are even better than they were in 2014 (We could not beat them, Argentina needed a last minute goal to beat them).

Anyone who thinks both Spain and Portugal will easily qualify from this group may be in for a surprise.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
fabio wrote:Tough call... but right call, if what the Spanish FA are saying is true.
Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.

like what did they have to benefit from announcing now?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
platinum wrote:
fabio wrote:Tough call... but right call, if what the Spanish FA are saying is true.
Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.

I think Spanish FA is more concerned about him negotiating behind their back than the announcement itself. He just got a contract extension and then starts plotting to leave behind their back. I think if they were aware of his desire to leave they could have worked with him and Real so he can complete the tourney first.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kajifu wrote:Hmm I see no one is talking about Spain should have let him coach the world cup.
Will people have say the same if this was say Nigeria FA do this?
My brother, that was a gutsy but good call by Spain. Real Madrid and their new coach got it very wrong.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

pajimoh wrote:Some decisions are made on principle regardless of the cost. Nigeria need to learn from this. I remember when Spurs sacked Redknapp for something similar, some sausages here were talking rubbish about sacking our best manager and how we'll suffer.
The multiple trophies you guys won after Redknapp's sack is further proof that Spurs made the right decision :sneaky:
Last edited by Ekorian on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
platinum wrote:

I think Spanish FA is more concerned about him negotiating behind their back than the announcement itself. He just got a contract extension and then starts plotting to leave behind their back. I think if they were aware of his desire to leave they could have worked with him and Real so he can complete the tourney first.
Makes sense. I suspect that no matter when the announcement was revealed, (unless Spain has a horror show at the WC), the Spanish FA would have been upset. So why not just wait till after the tourney and announce?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16