The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:Thomas Lemar has signed for Atletico Madrid.

Torreira is too short? As was Cazorla no doubt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lemar for how much? Atleti get money pass Arsenal?
Na Antoine Griezmann’s money dem dey spend in advance. :lol:
Yep!
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I like the Torreria proposed move. We need a battler in the middle. Size don't matter. He is a baller.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Are you serious? Le Coq lost his place when the one player who complimented him got injured. Notice how effective he became at Valencia playing with a players similar to Santi.

BTW! Coq is physical and very athletic. Him losing out was cos he lost his form, when he lost the one player he complimented.

Here you go with fables and downright ..... arghhh make I no talk before Sisi yemisi come wound you :taunt: Stop re-inventing the wheel. I told you from the beginning that LeCoq was an average to poor athlete and we needed a bigger more athletic version. In response you inundated us with ya garbage stats .... But now you wan change narrative to something even more laughable ... SLOW LEARNER :rotf:

I
have been banging on here since we got Xhaka that he needs a 'Kante' like player next to him. We saw how well Xhaka played in Germany with that player that complimented him. Xhaka has improved his mobility and overall game since he joined Arsenal. He has said playing box to box has improved him, that is not in doubt. The numbers don't lie.

Again you are either confused or blatantly lying :mrgreen: Did you even watch Xhacrap in germany? Clearly you can’t be serious. You’re either blind, clueless, stat sheet dependent or maybe even all of the above :taunt:

Who was the Kante like player that played next to Xhacrap in germany? Was that the same one that was piling up red cards while Xhacrap was getting assists? :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: This man you are so confused .... I told you the stiff was Tom Huddlestone light. Can that be even seriously disputed?

A midfielder who is technically deficient, can’t control the ball under pressure, too in athletic to win aerial duels or run by opponents. Can’t tackle, can’t dribble, can’t score, can’t track back yet someone who wants to be taken seriously claims he was the best player in this calendar year :rotf: :rotf:
For me, if we get Torreira, we have addressed a huge hole in our system. His signing, if it happens, will be one of the buys of the summer. Why? Xhaka and Torreira have attributes that will compliment each other extremely well. We need partnerships in CM, we just could not get the blend right since Santi's injury
. With Santi gone, it is clear the club had to do something.

Again you know nothing about this new signing yet you are judging and puffing. And pray tell what does Santi have to do with this guy? Is he a replacement now :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: JESU :lol:
Come next season, I know you will be reading people claim Emery has improved Xhaka, that will be because, Wenger has done all the hard work in the last two seasons, now he needs the right player next to him and in Torreira together with Niles, I am confident we will be a match for any midfield in the league.

Nah come next season you will spin another fable :lol:

But Arsenal must get Xhaka to sign a new deal first before the season starts

When I talk say Waffi no sabi anything about football una go think say na yabis .... Oya I rest my case :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Thunder wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:Thomas Lemar has signed for Atletico Madrid.

Torreira is too short? As was Cazorla no doubt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lemar for how much? Atleti get money pass Arsenal?
Na Antoine Griezmann’s money dem dey spend in advance. :lol:

where Greizmann dey go? Short player go, short player come....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cally wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw

Hopefully The Guardian is right.

The boy looks good. But I am worried about the way he gets fouled...make these EPL butchers no come maim yet another Arsenal player
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw

Hopefully The Guardian is right.
They are. Rumours from Uruguay saying 2 players will be allowed to go finalised deals for 2 days. They say Arsenal bid for Torreira accepted.
But a very interesting rumour is another one that has been doing the rounds quietly. Rumours are, Arsenal have offered Leverkusen €20m for Leno, Bayer are apparently willing to forego the clause if Arsenal pay €22m + Bonuses. Deal is very close.

Sportsbild claim, it is done to be announced soon.

Many of us here have seen Bernd Leno play for his club Beyer Levekuson. He has serious talent, he is strong on air, good command of the area, excellent shot stopper with excellent reflexes making top reflex saves. He is also great on 1-on-1, but he will fit in Emery's style because he is a very good ball playing keeper.

I used to rate him really highly but his form of recent has been really bad. He has made a lot of errors, according to OPTA, made the 2nd most errors (9) leading to goals since the 2016/17 season. But I have to be fair and say, he cannot be any worse than Cech. We need two goalkeepers as Ospina is potentially leaving so at his age and price, it is a good deal.

There is a silver lining for us. PSG's goal keeping coach is now at Arsenal, look how much he improved Areloa. If he can getnLeno back to his pre 2016 form, then we have a top class to world class goal keeper.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Le Coq asked to leave the club. He has said so himself. He is a good athlete and his size has nothing to do with him losing his place and leaving. Le Coq ball playing limitations created a problem for him because Arsenal no longer needed a 'water carrier' to go fetch the ball for Santi. This has nothing to do with size or athleticism.

Not one thing you said about Xhaka is correct, the stats, which are objective and I have posted many times shows he can do all what you claim he cannot do and is amongst the best in his position in the league. You opinion cannot change facts, but keep trying :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As for Torreira, I have told you to go watch him play 90 minutes football before you comment.

Here is what I said about the player a few days ago.
If Arsenal bring Lucas Torreira for the €25m release clause, it will our signing of the summer. This is a player I look at and say, damn we need him at Arsenal. What I love about this player the most is his character. He is the pitbull we need beside Xhaka/Niles that fulfils our need for both a ball winner, plus a nasty, needle player all in one package.

He plays at the base of a diamond at Sampdoria, but he is primarily a defensive player that carries the ball out very well. He is also a brilliant passer of the football, he can do everything and he is a warrior supreme. He is like Kante and Verratti. But he is compared more to the later. Although he is not yet as good as Verratti, there is no doubting his potential. He will fulfil a role we so desperately need in our midfield.

Like I said 2 years ago if there was a Coach I'd picked to replace Wenger, it was Emery. Right now, if there was a defensive midfielder in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation I want in football which is a realistic target for Arsenal, it is Lucas Torriera. Something Aniks will like is, in a 4-3-3, Xhaka will have to make way for Torriera to play central of the 3.

In today's market, getting the exact midfielder you need for below £30m is a ridiculous coup, and I won't lie, knowing Arsenal and how parsimonious they are, is one reason I targeted this player. A lot of the Genoa papers saying, his Agent financial demands holding up the deal. :curse:

This player has the profile to play with any of our current CMs and I actually think we are looking a situation of Xhaka having Bherami and/or Zakaria, and difference it makes for Switzerland. But there is the other possibility of him and Niles with Ramsey in a 4-3-3.
Now compare and contrast the highlighted to the section in David Ornstein' s tweet, that reads.
...but central midfield a priority & 22yo Uruguay int’l seen as ideal fit technically + financially.
If you had a clue about the player, you will not even mention size. Read my post and read David Ornstein's. It is obvious I know what is required by Arsenal both footbalistically and financially. I also explained why and jow he fits into the new Manager's philosophy.

If you are objective and not fixated in your dislike for a player because he does not fit the profile of the player you want, then you miss the point. It is not what you or me want that matters, it is what we think the Coach wants on the basis of finance and football analysis that matters

Since you have been on Xhaka's case, he has gradually improved to be a far better player than the one that first kicked a ball in this league. I know cos I have all his numbers compared to his peers playing in the same position in the league. Chelsea spent far more money than we did on Xhaka for Bakayoko, what happened to him last season? Xhaka had a far better first season than Bakayoko but not once have you criticised him. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is a bad player and he is one I wanted at Arsenal but he was a major disappointment. I still expect him to come good.
anikulapo wrote:
Are you serious? Le Coq lost his place when the one player who complimented him got injured. Notice how effective he became at Valencia playing with a players similar to Santi.

BTW! Coq is physical and very athletic. Him losing out was cos he lost his form, when he lost the one player he complimented.

Here you go with fables and downright ..... arghhh make I no talk before Sisi yemisi come wound you :taunt: Stop re-inventing the wheel. I told you from the beginning that LeCoq was an average to poor athlete and we needed a bigger more athletic version. In response you inundated us with ya garbage stats .... But now you wan change narrative to something even more laughable ... SLOW LEARNER :rotf:

I
have been banging on here since we got Xhaka that he needs a 'Kante' like player next to him. We saw how well Xhaka played in Germany with that player that complimented him. Xhaka has improved his mobility and overall game since he joined Arsenal. He has said playing box to box has improved him, that is not in doubt. The numbers don't lie.

Again you are either confused or blatantly lying :mrgreen: Did you even watch Xhacrap in germany? Clearly you can’t be serious. You’re either blind, clueless, stat sheet dependent or maybe even all of the above :taunt:

Who was the Kante like player that played next to Xhacrap in germany? Was that the same one that was piling up red cards while Xhacrap was getting assists? :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: This man you are so confused .... I told you the stiff was Tom Huddlestone light. Can that be even seriously disputed?

A midfielder who is technically deficient, can’t control the ball under pressure, too in athletic to win aerial duels or run by opponents. Can’t tackle, can’t dribble, can’t score, can’t track back yet someone who wants to be taken seriously claims he was the best player in this calendar year :rotf: :rotf:
For me, if we get Torreira, we have addressed a huge hole in our system. His signing, if it happens, will be one of the buys of the summer. Why? Xhaka and Torreira have attributes that will compliment each other extremely well. We need partnerships in CM, we just could not get the blend right since Santi's injury
. With Santi gone, it is clear the club had to do something.

Again you know nothing about this new signing yet you are judging and puffing. And pray tell what does Santi have to do with this guy? Is he a replacement now :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: JESU :lol:
Come next season, I know you will be reading people claim Emery has improved Xhaka, that will be because, Wenger has done all the hard work in the last two seasons, now he needs the right player next to him and in Torreira together with Niles, I am confident we will be a match for any midfield in the league.

Nah come next season you will spin another fable :lol:

But Arsenal must get Xhaka to sign a new deal first before the season starts

When I talk say Waffi no sabi anything about football una go think say na yabis .... Oya I rest my case :rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Here we go again. Your problem na say you be proper slow learner :taunt:

Remember ya yeye yarns about LeCoq when i said we need a bigger more atheltic version of him? Nothing against little terriers but when they face bigger stronger versions of themselves in the EPL, well Waffis fake stats no go bail them out.

Anwyay ive only watched minutes of videos on the guy but im concerned about his stature in a position wherer size and athleticism matters :idea:

What Arsenal could have been three years ago with the combo of GK and Nzonzi for a price that was almost equal to the fee for Xhacrap :curse: :curse:

IDIOTAS :curse:
Are you saying he is not athletic? Or is your fixation with size blinding your eyes to the fact that size is not the be all and end all. No good having size, without heart, attitude and if you cannot play, for example? How tall was Roy Keane?

Forget your crappy videos, watch full games. Don't worry, you will see him play for Uruguay in coming days.

Waffi you dis useless slow learner .... when will you learn smh :taunt:
abeg he can be short if he's anything like Saaaanti Caaaaaarzola!
Nor mind am. Looks like this is happening.
Arsenal agree £26.4m deal to sign Sampdoria’s Lucas Torreira.
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ssion=true

For me, this deal must be done before the WC or else the club's with more money will take the player off us.

While he is looking for big players, he forgets about what is really needed given the philosophy of the Coach and how he wants to play it. Emery's teams does like the physical, athletic type that can play, but we have Niles, Sheaf and Da Silva. I don't think Emery is the type to ignore such talent and go into the market. What we are looking for is a Torreira type. A ball winner who can play and he has a helluva shot on him too when he ventures forward.

BTW! Torreira can also replace Xhaka cos his ability offers flexibility.

In a 4-3-3 formation. The base 3 can be Niles-Xhaka-Torreira. This base along with the back 4, offers everything in defence and attacking from deep. Niles and Torreira have the pace and ability to run with the ball at pace from deep when they win it. Torreira has a good bit of Santi's passing range.

The problem here will be who misses out of Ozil, Laca, Auba and Ramsey for remaining attacking 4 places.

There is no way Emery will play Ramsey as one of the 2 or or 3 in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. He is far more pragmatic and defensive. Besides, he will not need to because it is becoming obvious there will be changes.

We all talk if those coming in. It will be interesting to see those going out.

Waffi again sometimes I wonder if dem drop you down tree head first for Sapele :taunt:

Again raising a concern about a diminutive foreign player coming to play in a rugged EPL at a physically demanding position na em dey cause you all these comprehension issues?

Like I said I haven’t really watched him play live but I’m really concerned about his size just like I said about Le Coq, and was proven right, despite your usual “always wrong “ drivel :taunt:

I have been banging on here since we got Xhaka that he needs a 'Kante' like player next to him. We saw how well Xhaka played in Germany with that player that complimented him. Xhaka has improved his mobility and overall game since he joined Arsenal. He has said playing box to box has improved him, that is not in doubt. The numbers don't lie.

For me, if we get Torreira, we have addressed a huge hole in our system. His signing, if it happens, will be one of the buys of the summer. Why? Xhaka and Torreira have attributes that will compliment each other extremely well. We need partnerships in CM, we just could not get the blend right since Santi's injury. With Santi gone, it is clear the club had to do something.

But Arsenal must get Xhaka to sign a new deal first before the season starts.
Is Valencia in the EPL or La Liga? That's kinda tranniks' point innit? :?

Repeat after me...
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Is that our Thomas Lemar being loaned out to Atletico for a season to aid the work permit application?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:Is that our Thomas Lemar being loaned out to Atletico for a season to aid the work permit application?

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

More garbage from the usual trash collector.. Attention seeking in progress ... Tufiakwa
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

[quote="100%Naija"]More garbage from the usual trash collector.. Attention seeking in progress ... Tufiakwa[/quote :rotf: :rotf: ]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: OMG let the world cup start tomorrow and we forget about this thread.One good thing is that Wenger is gone and its good news for us Arsenal fans.The man was taking the club to midtable level.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

platinum wrote:
Sweet rumours
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:Is that our Thomas Lemar being loaned out to Atletico for a season to aid the work permit application?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Is the young Ozilite (Adli) still coming to Arsenal?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Is the young Ozilite (Adli) still coming to Arsenal?
Rumours of him staying at PSG after an offer he could not refuse.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Stop telling fables ... he used arsenal as a pawn and played them like a fiddle for a better deal :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Heard Caglar Soyuncu is done too. Would like Pavard.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Are you saying he is not athletic? Or is your fixation with size blinding your eyes to the fact that size is not the be all and end all. No good having size, without heart, attitude and if you cannot play, for example? How tall was Roy Keane?

Forget your crappy videos, watch full games. Don't worry, you will see him play for Uruguay in coming days.

Waffi you dis useless slow learner .... when will you learn smh :taunt:
abeg he can be short if he's anything like Saaaanti Caaaaaarzola!
Nor mind am. Looks like this is happening.
Arsenal agree £26.4m deal to sign Sampdoria’s Lucas Torreira.
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ssion=true

For me, this deal must be done before the WC or else the club's with more money will take the player off us.

While he is looking for big players, he forgets about what is really needed given the philosophy of the Coach and how he wants to play it. Emery's teams does like the physical, athletic type that can play, but we have Niles, Sheaf and Da Silva. I don't think Emery is the type to ignore such talent and go into the market. What we are looking for is a Torreira type. A ball winner who can play and he has a helluva shot on him too when he ventures forward.

BTW! Torreira can also replace Xhaka cos his ability offers flexibility.

In a 4-3-3 formation. The base 3 can be Niles-Xhaka-Torreira. This base along with the back 4, offers everything in defence and attacking from deep. Niles and Torreira have the pace and ability to run with the ball at pace from deep when they win it. Torreira has a good bit of Santi's passing range.

The problem here will be who misses out of Ozil, Laca, Auba and Ramsey for remaining attacking 4 places.

There is no way Emery will play Ramsey as one of the 2 or or 3 in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. He is far more pragmatic and defensive. Besides, he will not need to because it is becoming obvious there will be changes.

We all talk if those coming in. It will be interesting to see those going out.

Waffi again sometimes I wonder if dem drop you down tree head first for Sapele :taunt:

Again raising a concern about a diminutive foreign player coming to play in a rugged EPL at a physically demanding position na em dey cause you all these comprehension issues?

Like I said I haven’t really watched him play live but I’m really concerned about his size just like I said about Le Coq, and was proven right, despite your usual “always wrong “ drivel :taunt:

I have been banging on here since we got Xhaka that he needs a 'Kante' like player next to him. We saw how well Xhaka played in Germany with that player that complimented him. Xhaka has improved his mobility and overall game since he joined Arsenal. He has said playing box to box has improved him, that is not in doubt. The numbers don't lie.

For me, if we get Torreira, we have addressed a huge hole in our system. His signing, if it happens, will be one of the buys of the summer. Why? Xhaka and Torreira have attributes that will compliment each other extremely well. We need partnerships in CM, we just could not get the blend right since Santi's injury. With Santi gone, it is clear the club had to do something.

But Arsenal must get Xhaka to sign a new deal first before the season starts.
Is Valencia in the EPL or La Liga? That's kinda tranniks' point innit? :?

Repeat after me...
Look at this disgusting pervert, you back again sucking my d1ck. Nice to see you are back to doing what you do best. You foul, rabid invested perv. Who said Valencia was in the EPL?

I am talking football, what do you know about it? Coq plays with Parejo in that Los Che midfield. What do you know about the football similarities to when he played with Santi at Arsenal? Fark all.

No surprises you write that crap, you know not about the game, so just fark off and stay out of my posts. I do not intend to have a discourse with a perv like you, so stay in your lane. Disgusting perv.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Stop telling fables ... he used arsenal as a pawn and played them like a fiddle for a better deal :taunt:
Fair play to the player. He has to take care of himself. I will do the same. I really like the player but if he choses to stay at PSG, good luck to him.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Sagna on #Arsenal: "They definitely need some leadership. The team is & was too nice. They never liked to argue. We were just too nice to each other, we were like friends. To be successful you need to be bad sometimes, to have a go at each other"
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.