NFF DON HAMMER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
NFF DON HAMMER

Post by 1naija »

The North American bid’s signature selling point, however, was delivered in a language FIFA members long have understood: revenue. The North Americans promised FIFA a record $11 billion profit — a staggering amount of money that could mean as much as $50 million for each national association.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/s ... rocco.html
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF DON HAMMER

Post by 1naija »

Next few NFF elections will be war.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Junior egghead is already being groomed by current NFF shiaman to take over in 2026.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Kai! Nyntakyi don miss :P
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:

The North American bid’s signature selling point, however, was delivered in a language FIFA members long have understood: revenue. The North Americans promised FIFA a record $11 billion profit — a staggering amount of money that could mean as much as $50 million for each national association.

... yeah, they promised, but did not guarantee it. However, even if they deliver as promised, are we not setting a bad precedent? How many countries or regions can deliver such revenue to FIFA in future? Does it mean ONLY the RICH nations or parts of the world will be hosting FIFA's World cup tournaments based on this USA/CANADA/MEXICO'S win?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kako wrote:Kai! Nyntakyi don miss :P
watch and see

he could be FIFA VP by then

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

tfco wrote:
watch and see

he could be FIFA VP by then
:scared: The type of people FIFA likes, they promote the "game" :mrgreen:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:

... yeah, they promised, but did not guarantee it. However, even if they deliver as promised, are we not setting a bad precedent? How many countries or regions can deliver such revenue to FIFA in future? Does it mean ONLY the RICH nations or parts of the world will be hosting FIFA's World cup tournaments based on this USA/CANADA/MEXICO'S win?
The flip side of the argument is, poorer nations need the money to develop and grow their football. While this gives advantage to rich countries to host the tournament, the game need to be developed across the globe to give access to tiny nations that don't have the resources to do so themselves.

I think Africa should learn from North America and tender joint bids next time. I think it was actually a blessing to Morocco that they didnt win. There is no way they could have built the necessary infrastructure for the tournament in 8 years.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Odas wrote:... yeah, they promised, but did not guarantee it. However, even if they deliver as promised, are we not setting a bad precedent? How many countries or regions can deliver such revenue to FIFA in future? Does it mean ONLY the RICH nations or parts of the world will be hosting FIFA's World cup tournaments based on this USA/CANADA/MEXICO'S win?
Have no issues with that at all...
Poor nations should be putting their resources into far more crucial stuff - their people, for starters!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:shock: :oops: :oops:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:

This is why they will win it easy.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:
1naija wrote:

Bros, just waking up? They already did!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

who is he? :???:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
1naija wrote:

Bros, just waking up? They already did!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, wanted to write, 'won it' easy.

In a rush and did not proof read.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Gotti wrote:
Odas wrote:... yeah, they promised, but did not guarantee it. However, even if they deliver as promised, are we not setting a bad precedent? How many countries or regions can deliver such revenue to FIFA in future? Does it mean ONLY the RICH nations or parts of the world will be hosting FIFA's World cup tournaments based on this USA/CANADA/MEXICO'S win?
Have no issues with that at all...
Poor nations should be putting their resources into far more crucial stuff - their people, for starters!
KPOM!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *