Nigeria's journey to Olympic Football gold

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

obrin2
Egg
Egg
Nigeria's journey to Olympic Football gold

Post by obrin2 »

[/video]

The joy these guys brought everybody in Africa!! Oh, how I miss them.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria's journey to Olympic Football gold

Post by Oguleftie »

Was at stadium where security did not allow us to go into the field and celebrate with the team after the gold medal match.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the 90s, the era of over sized shirts :laugh:

Truth be told those were determined group of players Nigeria had back then, before millionaire players started sprouting.
Now, even a mere player with some few thousands in the bank is too aloof, making playing together difficult.
obrin2
Egg
Egg

Post by obrin2 »

Oguleftie wrote:Was at stadium where security did not allow us to go into the field and celebrate with the team after the gold medal match.

It must have been so much joy for you. I was all the way in Seattle. Had to work both Brazil and Argie matches but got a small tv at the workplace and would go to the backroom to watch it. Lucky I didn't get fired. I had only been in America 8 mths, was really home sick since I was here by myself. These guys made me happy. Gave me confidence to tell anybody I met I was Nigerian. Back then It was no way cool to be African. Those were the days!! So much swagger from the boys!! Now contrast that with the players we have in Russia. Enough said.
obrin2
Egg
Egg

Post by obrin2 »

mcal wrote:...the 90s, the era of over sized shirts :laugh:

Truth be told those were determined group of players Nigeria had back then, before millionaire players started sprouting.
Now, even a mere player with some few thousands in the bank is too aloof, making playing together difficult.

How do we get back there? The Nigerian team does not inspire confidence anymore. Back then if I told other Africans I was Nigerian they just wanted to buy me a bottle of beer and talk about that set. They all knew the names even better than me. It was because of that set that I became a member of cybereagles.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

obrin2 wrote:
mcal wrote:...the 90s, the era of over sized shirts :laugh:

How do we get back there? The Nigerian team does not inspire confidence anymore. Back then if I told other Africans I was Nigerian they just wanted to buy me a bottle of beer and talk about that set. They all knew the names even better than me. It was because of that set that I became a member of cybereagles.
...it will be difficult to get back to that height with what we have today. Until football is properly rehabilitated, and promoted back home. Having all the youth players hone their skill in the local league before flying off to distant lands where they get used, paid peanuts, and forgotten. Let the scouts come see them play in Nigerian league, then beg them and their clubs for hefty fees.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Over 20 years. Time to get a new historical moment for dis wc!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

They can say what they want and degrade the meaning of the Olympic football gold, but Argentina and Brazil had World Cup level teams there.

p.s. That Crespo penalty was bull.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

metalalloy wrote:Over 20 years. Time to get a new historical moment for dis wc!
kpom.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...fingers crossed, and waiting :sleep:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Das right! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!