The Super Eagles' biggest fan ... is Japanese?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Super Eagles' biggest fan ... is Japanese?

Post by bret- hart »

Of topic has anyone else noticed that Japanese names sound similar to some Nigerian names?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:Its amazing that 2 key ambassadors of Nigerian football account for many many non-Nigerian fans of the SE. Jayjay and Kanu Nwankwo have won so many hearts for Nigeria.

Overall, like someone posted here already, the SE account for such great PR for Nigeria as a nation. Its just lovely.
They deserve national honours.
I can't readily think of any individuals that have positively projected the name of Nigeria more.
Let me think......
Maybe Fela, but then again.... :?
Did Fela ever get national honors :?: :!:

Cheers.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Met a Brazilian teenager in Curitiba in 2014 on the way to the stadium who was wearing a Naija jersey, which he bought for US$110, big money for a Brazilian teen. He told me his father made him an Eagles fan, and his father had been following Nigeria since they beat Brazil in Atlanta. He knew the names of all the players and where they played club football--the kid was more of a Naija fan than me.

But this was not unusual in Curitiba, a city that had adopted the Eagles--the groupies at the Radisson Hotel where they were staying were vociferous in support, and in the stadium which was full, the majority of spectators were Brazilians supporting the Eagles (until they started to mess up against Iran). Kanu and Amokachi were at the Radisson too, and when they stepped out of the hotel, the roar that went up from the fans was unbelievable. I would have thought Brazilians would boo the two players that sunk them in that 1996 Olympic semi final, but no, the fans loved them.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

bret- hart wrote:Of topic has anyone else noticed that Japanese names sound similar to some Nigerian names?
We have discussed it many times here.

In rant and rave and eagles neat
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Tbite wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Of topic has anyone else noticed that Japanese names sound similar to some Nigerian names?
We have discussed it many times here.

In rant and rave and eagles neat
Kampala sounds Japanese... or 9ja?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

I met lots of Japanese that love super Eagles.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.