Spain has fired their coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain might fire the coach today

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote:
platinum wrote:
Kabalega wrote:They will not fire him!
But they should... :twisted:
You're wrong a lot my Ugandan brother :tic:
If only you knew how much tail I get...
:D
Until they find out that you are really not a doctor, but a medical orderly. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

platinum wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
platinum wrote:
Cow tail, rat tail, monkey tail, bush rat tail.....I have no doubt you get a lot of tail, you're an African man.
:lol: :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote:He's been sacked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spainigeria. :D :taunt: E go clear dem.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain has fired their coach

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Lopetegui pulled a bad move. All he had to do was wait till the tourney was over to sign. Now he's heading to a club that may fire him after a few games in the season, sacrificing a possible WC victory which would have cemented his place in history

Anyway, I don't blame Spain's FA boss for pulling the trigger. What Lopetegui did amounts to insuburdination
Could have at least informed the FA earlier, after all the work Casillas and Xavi did to end the Madrid/Barcelona beef this wouldn't help.
Apparently he was going to wait but a few Real players knew about his hiring and somehow it leaked to a non-Real player who blew the whole thing up. That meant he had to fast track the announcement. Spain is one sort of weird country, dem no dey observe Omertà. Thats how Mourinho complained time after time about leaks. Pep had the same issue too IIRC.

All they had to do was shut up for a month...
Madrid consulted with the players in camp about hiring Lopategui. In such a setup, it was bound to leak...

I think Spain is toast. The divide between Madrid and Barca was always a threat to the NT. This helps bring it to the surface...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
fabio wrote:Tough call... but right call, if what the Spanish FA are saying is true.
Other coaches have taken jobs before the world cup, this one is bad....he accepted or the job was announced just before the tournament. Idiocy from Real Madrid.
Not sure how its idiocy from Madrid. Madrid gets their coach now and he starts preparing for pre-season and next season! This is a masterstroke from Madrid. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The angel* here is Lopetegui
Ovbi Oba, not so straight forward long term though. The Spanish FA can make life unreasonable for Real Madrid. Balls start bouncing against them, all these little perks they've been getting go away.

We all know Real rule Spain, why spit in the FA's face and make them and the country actively against you.

Lopetegui? He should have asked Real to come back after the WC? But you know how Flo Perez is, he wants what he wants and wants it now. Possibly got a now or never ultimatum?

This is just unnecessary. I just saw a poll that's got over 10000 respondents in Spain who're split 50-50 on the decision to fire him.
They wont dare! I dont think you understand how powerful Real Madrid is.

DD, sometimes it's not a matter of how much power you have. America has been mired in Afghanistan for how long now? Somethings are not merely a matter of just pure power.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rash decision by the Spanish FA if you ask me. A strongly-worded protest to Real Madrid would have sufficed. What is the advantage of sacking the coach a few days before the World Cup?
ethics!!!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

txj wrote:
platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Lopetegui pulled a bad move. All he had to do was wait till the tourney was over to sign. Now he's heading to a club that may fire him after a few games in the season, sacrificing a possible WC victory which would have cemented his place in history

Anyway, I don't blame Spain's FA boss for pulling the trigger. What Lopetegui did amounts to insuburdination
Could have at least informed the FA earlier, after all the work Casillas and Xavi did to end the Madrid/Barcelona beef this wouldn't help.
Apparently he was going to wait but a few Real players knew about his hiring and somehow it leaked to a non-Real player who blew the whole thing up. That meant he had to fast track the announcement. Spain is one sort of weird country, dem no dey observe Omertà. Thats how Mourinho complained time after time about leaks. Pep had the same issue too IIRC.

Madrid consulted with the players in camp about hiring Lopategui. In such a setup, it was bound to leak...

I think Spain is toast. The divide between Madrid and Barca was always a threat to the NT. This helps bring it to the surface...
Don't be so sure...................Hierro may pull off a Zizou.
Like the Kaiser will say about the WC.........................'it's not only the tactics but getting your players FIRED UP'.
You never know in ...................football!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

zee wrote:
txj wrote:
platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Don't be so sure...................Hierro may pull off a Zizou.
Like the Kaiser will say about the WC.........................'it's not only the tactics but getting your players FIRED UP'.
You never know in ...................football!!!!!
Plus Hierro is respected by those players like Zidane maybe even more so than Lopetegui.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

ohsee wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:He's been sacked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spainigeria. :D :taunt: E go clear dem.
Uncle Tom Ohsee linking it to Black people no worry it is the moors blood in them
Oya back to the matter
open and close
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Hierro is a LEGEND. People like that command respect soon as they walk into the dressing room. This could be a blessing in disguise for Spain. Games are won on the little things. There is nothing about tactics and prep that these players don't know already. They could just go out there to show that this drama doesn't affect them.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

pajimoh wrote:Some decisions are made on principle regardless of the cost. Nigeria need to learn from this. I remember when Spurs sacked Redknapp for something similar, some sausages here were talking rubbish about sacking our best manager and how we'll suffer.
Learn from what? Rather Spain learnt from Naija how to sack a national team manager before a major tourney and get a replacement within a month.

Are you saying we should copy them and do it a day before?

I dey confuso :ohmy:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

kajifu wrote:Hmm I see no one is talking about Spain should have let him coach the world cup.
Will people have say the same if this was say Nigeria FA do this?
Very good question, if this were Nigeria, people will talk about how useless NFF or the coach is, and how "Only in Nigeria...can this happen"
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Spain sack national team manager Julen Lopetegui 48 hours before their World Cup campaign kicks off - See more at: https://goo.gl/EnqPsC

Spain are just lucky they are not in a tough group!
It is a tough group.

Morocco is a solid side.

I have not seen Iran lately, but the word is they are even better than they were in 2014 (We could not beat them, Argentina needed a last minute goal to beat them).

Anyone who thinks both Spain and Portugal will easily qualify from this group may be in for a surprise.
I get a feeling one of Spain and Portugal will not make it, looking like the odds are Spain :O
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

txj wrote:
platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

The whole set up was a recipe for disaster (bickering and finger pointing). Any Barca player dropped or substituted could easily claim JL did this to favor Real Players because he was going to be coaching Real after the WC
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ekorian wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Some decisions are made on principle regardless of the cost. Nigeria need to learn from this. I remember when Spurs sacked Redknapp for something similar, some sausages here were talking rubbish about sacking our best manager and how we'll suffer.
The multiple trophies you guys won after Redknapp's sack is further proof that Spurs made the right decision :sneaky:
I was thinking of this. Dropped an Ogbonge coach and did a reset with a baby coach.

They are playing pretty though. :D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

This ex-coach is a MUG!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohsee wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
platinum wrote:
:D
Until they find out that you are really not a doctor, but a medical orderly. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I am NOT a doctor or medical orderly. I know nothing about medicine.
I have been called a healer though, but my cure of all ailments, is a bitter cola nut.

I hope you chew them often, otherwise ....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Flo Perez says nothing justifies Spain sacking Lopetegui :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44489609
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

cic old boy wrote:Hierro is a LEGEND. People like that command respect soon as they walk into the dressing room. This could be a blessing in disguise for Spain. Games are won on the little things. There is nothing about tactics and prep that these players don't know already. They could just go out there to show that this drama doesn't affect them.

He's a legend but I figure he would need to make sure the Barca group in the team are on board with him and his tactics/coaching.
I'm sure Lopetegui had to work on that initially, perhaps not as much as Del Bosque had to early on.

--------------------------------------------
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Mehn Lopetegui was crying in the conference tonight. Madrid is going getting there preemptive strikes in case Spain flops this World Cup, there was a question that asked if Lopetegui would be fired if he joined any other team but Madrid, and he just shrugged it.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

akamoke wrote:
kajifu wrote:Hmm I see no one is talking about Spain should have let him coach the world cup.
Will people have say the same if this was say Nigeria FA do this?
Very good question, if this were Nigeria, people will talk about how useless NFF or the coach is, and how "Only in Nigeria...can this happen"
Spain had 4 Federation Presidents in two years. The new President is 40 year old Luis Rubiales elected in May 2018.

https://apnews.com/bae1963f1303402fb2b4 ... -World-Cup
Rubiales said firing Lopetegui wasn’t the best solution but it was needed after the federation was caught by surprise by Madrid’s announcement .

“The federation cannot be left out of a negotiation by one of its workers and be informed five minutes before the press release,” Rubiales said. “We have been compelled to act.”

Rubiales, who took over as president last month, said Lopetegui disrespected the federation’s values and it was the only decision he could make.

“It’s a difficult situation, but we are not the ones who determined the action that had to be taken. The federation has its values and it has to maintain them,” Rubiales said. “It may look like a weakness now, but with time this will make us stronger.”

Rubiales said he tried to keep the Madrid announcement from being made public but it wasn’t possible. He said he had to make the decision — which was supported by the federation’s board of directors — to “send a clear message” that things have to be done properly.

There were reports that players tried to persuade Rubiales to change his mind and keep Lopetegui on the job.

“We are the national team. We represent this emblem, these colors, our fans, a country,” Spain captain Sergio Ramos wrote on Twitter. “Our responsibility and commitment is to you. Yesterday, today and tomorrow, together.”

Because he was fired, Madrid won’t have to pay the 2 million euros ($2.3 million) of the termination clause on Lopetegui’s contract. Rubiales said that although the federation’s financial situation was not ideal, money was “not the most important thing in a moment like this.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -lopetegui
But in a staunch defence of their conduct, Pérez insisted that Madrid had acted clearly and transparently and expressed his surprise that Rubiales had taken such drastic action. “It was an absurd reaction of misunderstanding and pride, which was aimed at hurting the prestige of Real Madrid,” he claimed. “We reached an agreement very quickly, in a few hours, and wanted to make a show of transparency, to avoid all rumours and speculation during the tournament.

Lopetegui, who last month signed a contract extension with Spain until 2022, admitted he was disappointed not to have the chance to lead his country at the World Cup but defended his conduct over the negotiations with Madrid. “Yesterday was the saddest day of my life, since the death of my mother. But this is the happiest day.

“When there was something to say the first person to know was Rubiales. I wanted to give a press conference that day but could not. I am clear that the only motive to announce it was to be honest and transparent. I am very relaxed; all of us are. We have acted in a fully professional and honest way. If someone wants to understand things another way, they can. But we have been professional, honest and clear.”

He added: “I will support this magnificent group of players. In two years I have had four presidents in the federation. We survived with the strength of the squad, the team, and that strength can make them world champions.”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

F360 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Hierro is a LEGEND. People like that command respect soon as they walk into the dressing room. This could be a blessing in disguise for Spain. Games are won on the little things. There is nothing about tactics and prep that these players don't know already. They could just go out there to show that this drama doesn't affect them.

He's a legend but I figure he would need to make sure the Barca group in the team are on board with him and his tactics/coaching.
I'm sure Lopetegui had to work on that initially, perhaps not as much as Del Bosque had to early on.
Who is this cabal people keep speaking of?

Alba, Pique, Busquests and Iniesta?

Four out of 23 feared gang? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Will this affect dia please performance????not good.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....