The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

He received criticism after making two errors in Germany's 3-2 win over Australia during last year's Confederations Cup and since the start of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season, only Olivier Baumann has made more errors leading to opposition goals than the nine made by Leno.
Is this dude another Klarus????
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Early baptism of fire for Unai. First game is at home vs City and second game is on the road Vs Chelshyt :shock:
Good game for Torriera to show you he is as hard as nails despite his size, if signed.

Again this is a clear case of comprehension deficit ... do I need ya best bud Sisi Yemisi to make it even clearer for you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :woot:
Again, I say Torreira's size will have no bearing on how he performs. Wanna bet? :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Unlike you I don’t bet on impulses or emotions. What I have said is clear to any clear thinking individual . At no time did I criticize the player unlike Xhacrap, Droopy and Others. All I said is that I’m concerned about his lack of size and his adaptation to the most rugged league in the world
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

bk-one wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:As much as Xhaka has been frustrating since joining Arsenal, we have to consider the fact that he played in a system which made him worse than he actually is. I have been following bundesliga over the last couple of seasons(geographical reasons) and I havent seen him play as bad as he has been for Arsenal. He had Hävard Nordveit playing with him as the main defensive midfielder. The system Monchengladbach played got the best out of him coz as much as he way required to do the dirty work that wasnt really his primary role. The main defensive guy in that midfield was Nordveit. The other thing was the team's midfield was more compact than the lose arsenal midfield he has been playing in at arsenal. His lack of pace was barely exposed. Nemanja Matic is not blessed with pace but when Chelsea won the league with Kante partnering him, He had his best season in the premier league because he was not exposed as compared to Xhaka at Arsenal. The system Arsenal played got the best out of Aaron Ramsey at the expense of his midfield partners and the whole team. With that said if Arsenal goes back to that system again, Ramsey(still believe that he can still play well if he can do most of his runs across the midfield rather than always running forward thus exposing his central midfield partner) is going to score of course a lot of goals but the team is going to suffer like they have been doing over the last couple of years....It wont matter whether they bring Kante/Torreira. The likes of Mustafi are gonna be exposed a countless times like they have been under the previous manager. With that said before people give up on the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka, lets wait to see how they will play under a different manager and a different system.
I do think it is possible to get the best of both players..they would not just play together...we have lots of games to satisfy them playing ...however I like a midfielder that scores goals , has delayed runs that are unpredictable and has lungs to runs end to end for 90 mins ..all that defines Ramsey. Xhaka on the other hand requires his best to come out when he has someone doing the dirty work for him, my question for you is ...what is that best ? and dont we get that "best" already from two other midfielders at least.. Xhaka really only has long range passing, shot from outside the box and set piece ...these three we can get from Elneny plus the running sef.

I do think Xhaka is a luxury we can afford to do without , keep El neny , buy a new Kante , keep Ramsey, dash Jack out and promote Niles and we will be good.
The likes of Kante, Matic or even Fernandinho are still scoring goals without leaving a gaping hole in midfield which have been common trend for arsenal midfield.....when arsenal was playing with coq and carzola in central midfield, they were less exposed to counter attacks than when its Xhaka/Ramsey combo or whoever is partnering Ramsey.....why? I am glad that you mentioned luxury.....luxury is your central midfield scoring goals(whilst leaving a gaping hole in midfield for the opponent to exploit). The main job of a central midfielder is first to offer protection to defense, create balance both in attack and defense, and then provide the base for attackers to do their job. Too much of one at the expense of the other usually creates a problem....scoring goals from midfield is a bonus....the most important aspect is the above mentioned.

Anyways lets wait and see but one thing I guarantee you is that the amount of goals Ramsey will score will depend on the shape of the team. If Emery tells him to sit and help his partner, the team will concede less number of goals and he will score less or he will continue doing the same old same old and things will stay the same till the manager either bench him or the team will stay the same like they were with wenger[/quote]

Yes , but Ramsey brings more than goals to the table that Xhaka will not be able to match. Ramsey can do that cover role and still complete his delayed runs into the opposing area to score IF we dont have a slow CM partnering him in case we lose the ball..Xhaka is slow and turns like a 24 wheeler. Thats why I think El neny, Niles and any of the new names being mentioned will be better . I will wait and see but I would like to see Xhaka and Jack fetch us some money in the market.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

anikulapo wrote:
He received criticism after making two errors in Germany's 3-2 win over Australia during last year's Confederations Cup and since the start of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season, only Olivier Baumann has made more errors leading to opposition goals than the nine made by Leno.

Biko Aniks and Waffi wetin do Macey ? I have been asking and no one has provided an answer ...why are we even looking at Leno ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Biko Aniks and Waffi wetin do Macey ? I have been asking and no one has provided an answer ...why are we even looking at Leno ?
Nna I even said two years ago that I have more confidence in him than either Cech or Ospina ... sadly it seems he has no future at arsenal

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

anikulapo wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Nna I even said two years ago that I have more confidence in him than either Cech or Ospina ... sadly it seems he has no future at arsenal
What about the other kid, Martinez? I thought he was on loan and kept in a few Laliga games.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:As much as Xhaka has been frustrating since joining Arsenal, we have to consider the fact that he played in a system which made him worse than he actually is. I have been following bundesliga over the last couple of seasons(geographical reasons) and I havent seen him play as bad as he has been for Arsenal. He had Hävard Nordveit playing with him as the main defensive midfielder. The system Monchengladbach played got the best out of him coz as much as he way required to do the dirty work that wasnt really his primary role. The main defensive guy in that midfield was Nordveit. The other thing was the team's midfield was more compact than the lose arsenal midfield he has been playing in at arsenal. His lack of pace was barely exposed. Nemanja Matic is not blessed with pace but when Chelsea won the league with Kante partnering him, He had his best season in the premier league because he was not exposed as compared to Xhaka at Arsenal. The system Arsenal played got the best out of Aaron Ramsey at the expense of his midfield partners and the whole team. With that said if Arsenal goes back to that system again, Ramsey(still believe that he can still play well if he can do most of his runs across the midfield rather than always running forward thus exposing his central midfield partner) is going to score of course a lot of goals but the team is going to suffer like they have been doing over the last couple of years....It wont matter whether they bring Kante/Torreira. The likes of Mustafi are gonna be exposed a countless times like they have been under the previous manager. With that said before people give up on the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka, lets wait to see how they will play under a different manager and a different system.
I do think it is possible to get the best of both players..they would not just play together...we have lots of games to satisfy them playing ...however I like a midfielder that scores goals , has delayed runs that are unpredictable and has lungs to runs end to end for 90 mins ..all that defines Ramsey. Xhaka on the other hand requires his best to come out when he has someone doing the dirty work for him, my question for you is ...what is that best ? and dont we get that "best" already from two other midfielders at least.. Xhaka really only has long range passing, shot from outside the box and set piece ...these three we can get from Elneny plus the running sef.

I do think Xhaka is a luxury we can afford to do without , keep El neny , buy a new Kante , keep Ramsey, dash Jack out and promote Niles and we will be good.
The likes of Kante, Matic or even Fernandinho are still scoring goals without leaving a gaping hole in midfield which have been common trend for arsenal midfield.....when arsenal was playing with coq and carzola in central midfield, they were less exposed to counter attacks than when its Xhaka/Ramsey combo or whoever is partnering Ramsey.....why? I am glad that you mentioned luxury.....luxury is your central midfield scoring goals(whilst leaving a gaping hole in midfield for the opponent to exploit). The main job of a central midfielder is first to offer protection to defense, create balance both in attack and defense, and then provide the base for attackers to do their job. Too much of one at the expense of the other usually creates a problem....scoring goals from midfield is a bonus....the most important aspect is the above mentioned.

Anyways lets wait and see but one thing I guarantee you is that the amount of goals Ramsey will score will depend on the shape of the team. If Emery tells him to sit and help his partner, the team will concede less number of goals and he will score less or he will continue doing the same old same old and things will stay the same till the manager either bench him or the team will stay the same like they were with wenger
Yes , but Ramsey brings more than goals to the table that Xhaka will not be able to match. Ramsey can do that cover role and still complete his delayed runs into the opposing area to score IF we dont have a slow CM partnering him in case we lose the ball..Xhaka is slow and turns like a 24 wheeler. Thats why I think El neny, Niles and any of the new names being mentioned will be better . I will wait and see but I would like to see Xhaka and Jack fetch us some money in the market.[/quote]

Xhaka is slow=Fact
His passing stats(he finished the season with the highest number of passes completed than any other player in the league) are far much better than Ramsey=Fact
He is more positionally disciplined than ramsey=fact
Ramsey`s goal scoring stats are far much more than Xhaka's Facts=fact

There is more to football than number of goals scored.....What is the use of scoring more goals whilst leaving your team in a situation whereby they are conceding more?
You are talking about delayed runs. Well timed runs wont leave your central midfield partners exposed whether they are fast or not.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

What about the other kid, Martinez? I thought he was on loan and kept in a few Laliga games.

And??? :woot:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Uruguayan media outlets are reporting the Arsenal agreement for Torreira. I am beginning to believe. :D :D

Liverpool got Fabinho and Keita, United added Fred to Matic, yet rumors of 5-5 Uruguayan dey make you wet ya knickers ???

Ok oh :taunt:
Who cares about them? I only care about my Arsenal.

So long as we are doing the right thing and signing top quality, I know where it will take us with this Coach. I trust him like I trusted the last Manager.

Rumours of a deal for the goal keeper also. Now we need a tricky winger with goals. So far today, a lot of rumours of Arsenal agreeing deals with 3 players, one CD, one GK and Torreira.

Torreira is tough as nails, in Uruguay they do not make them soft. They are hard as nails.

Do not forget all these transition from the 3 FA cups winning team started this time last year.

9 players have gone from the squad since, I see at least 7 going this summer and January. But, I do not see any of Ozil, Ramsey or Xhaka leaving. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As much as Xhaka has been frustrating since joining Arsenal, we have to consider the fact that he played in a system which made him worse than he actually is. I have been following bundesliga over the last couple of seasons(geographical reasons) and I havent seen him play as bad as he has been for Arsenal. He had Hävard Nordveit playing with him as the main defensive midfielder. The system Monchengladbach played got the best out of him coz as much as he way required to do the dirty work that wasnt really his primary role. The main defensive guy in that midfield was Nordveit. The other thing was the team's midfield was more compact than the lose arsenal midfield he has been playing in at arsenal. His lack of pace was barely exposed. Nemanja Matic is not blessed with pace but when Chelsea won the league with Kante partnering him, He had his best season in the premier league because he was not exposed as compared to Xhaka at Arsenal. The system Arsenal played got the best out of Aaron Ramsey at the expense of his midfield partners and the whole team. With that said if Arsenal goes back to that system again, Ramsey(still believe that he can still play well if he can do most of his runs across the midfield rather than always running forward thus exposing his central midfield partner) is going to score of course a lot of goals but the team is going to suffer like they have been doing over the last couple of years....It wont matter whether they bring Kante/Torreira. The likes of Mustafi are gonna be exposed a countless times like they have been under the previous manager. With that said before people give up on the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka, lets wait to see how they will play under a different manager and a different system.
I agree with you in how he has been deployed not helping him but Xhaka has said the way he was deployed has made him a better player. See how he now plays for his country. The Xhaka of Germany and the current one at Arsenal are different players, he is much improved physically, much quicker and more mobile.

Xhaka played in his favoured role for 2nd half of last season and he was our best player from then on. It reminds me of how Wenger took Ramsey after a horrible performance at QPR and moved him to the right. He made Xhaka box to box to improve every aspect of his midfield play. My guess is Xhaka will thrive under Emery, I remember the likes of Ever Benega and you just know Emery will make him better if he stays.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker. Xhaka has been crying for player like Torreira. He will seat and provide the base and foil for Xhaka. He will do a bit of Xhaka's running and also help him out offensively.

Torreira will cover more ground defensively than any Arsenal midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far, people will focus on Xhaka’s attacking game and then they will claim he has improved a lot forgetting when he was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal. He and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are top 4 contenders.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Uruguayan media outlets are reporting the Arsenal agreement for Torreira. I am beginning to believe. :D :D

Liverpool got Fabinho and Keita, United added Fred to Matic, yet rumors of 5-5 Uruguayan dey make you wet ya knickers ???

So long as we are doing the right thing and signing top quality, I know where it will take us with this Coach. I trust him like I trusted the last Manager.

Rumours of a deal for the goal keeper also. Now we need a tricky winger with goals. So far today, a lot of rumours of Arsenal agreeing deals with 3 players, one CD, one GK and Torreira.

Torreira is tough as nails, in Uruguay they do not make them soft. They are hard as nails.

Do not forget all these transition from the 3 FA cups winning team started this time last year.

9 players have gone from the squad since, I see at least 7 going this summer and January. But, I do not see any of Ozil, Ramsey or Xhaka leaving. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As much as Xhaka has been frustrating since joining Arsenal, we have to consider the fact that he played in a system which made him worse than he actually is. I have been following bundesliga over the last couple of seasons(geographical reasons) and I havent seen him play as bad as he has been for Arsenal. He had Hävard Nordveit playing with him as the main defensive midfielder. The system Monchengladbach played got the best out of him coz as much as he way required to do the dirty work that wasnt really his primary role. The main defensive guy in that midfield was Nordveit. The other thing was the team's midfield was more compact than the lose arsenal midfield he has been playing in at arsenal. His lack of pace was barely exposed. Nemanja Matic is not blessed with pace but when Chelsea won the league with Kante partnering him, He had his best season in the premier league because he was not exposed as compared to Xhaka at Arsenal. The system Arsenal played got the best out of Aaron Ramsey at the expense of his midfield partners and the whole team. With that said if Arsenal goes back to that system again, Ramsey(still believe that he can still play well if he can do most of his runs across the midfield rather than always running forward thus exposing his central midfield partner) is going to score of course a lot of goals but the team is going to suffer like they have been doing over the last couple of years....It wont matter whether they bring Kante/Torreira. The likes of Mustafi are gonna be exposed a countless times like they have been under the previous manager. With that said before people give up on the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka, lets wait to see how they will play under a different manager and a different system.
I agree with you in how he has been deployed not helping him but Xhaka has said the way he was deployed has made him a better player. See how he now plays for his country. The Xhaka of Germany and the current one at Arsenal are different players, he is much improved physically, much quicker and more mobile.

Xhaka played in his favoured role for 2nd half of last season and he was our best player from then on. It reminds me of how Wenger took Ramsey after a horrible performance at QPR and moved him to the right. He made Xhaka box to box to improve every aspect of his midfield play. My guess is Xhaka will thrive under Emery, I remember the likes of Ever Benega and you just know Emery will make him better if he stays.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker. Xhaka has been crying for player like Torreira. He will seat and provide the base and foil for Xhaka. He will do a bit of Xhaka's running and also help him out offensively.

Torreira will cover more ground defensively than any Arsenal midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far, people will focus on Xhaka’s attacking game and then they will claim he has improved a lot forgetting when he was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal. He and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are top 4 contenders.
Gelson Martins.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

See this man, see you running your mouth .... we still remember your noise about Xhakalaca boom boom :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

If Wenger was still in charge this would have been an absolute abortion of a season ... at least with a new voice there is that minor element 0f hope, surprise and maybe victory

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Torreira starts on the bench vs Egypt.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
bk-one wrote:

Anyways lets wait and see but one thing I guarantee you is that the amount of goals Ramsey will score will depend on the shape of the team. If Emery tells him to sit and help his partner, the team will concede less number of goals and he will score less or he will continue doing the same old same old and things will stay the same till the manager either bench him or the team will stay the same like they were with wenger
Yes , but Ramsey brings more than goals to the table that Xhaka will not be able to match. Ramsey can do that cover role and still complete his delayed runs into the opposing area to score IF we dont have a slow CM partnering him in case we lose the ball..Xhaka is slow and turns like a 24 wheeler. Thats why I think El neny, Niles and any of the new names being mentioned will be better . I will wait and see but I would like to see Xhaka and Jack fetch us some money in the market.[/quote]

Jack is out of contract - a frees Agent. He posted some cryptic message in one of his social media accounts. Word is, Arsenal have refused to budge on their offer.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wilshere injury history is a concern.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

I'm loving our run-in at the end of the season. No fixtures against a top 6 side from mid-March till the end of the season in May. That means if we need to make some kind of run for an outcome, we've got a chance of pulling it off with focus.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Oba wrote:I'm loving our run-in at the end of the season. No fixtures against a top 6 side from mid-March till the end of the season in May. That means if we need to make some kind of run for an outcome, we've got a chance of pulling it off with focus.
Welcome back home!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bk-one wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
bk-one wrote:

Yes , but Ramsey brings more than goals to the table that Xhaka will not be able to match. Ramsey can do that cover role and still complete his delayed runs into the opposing area to score IF we dont have a slow CM partnering him in case we lose the ball..Xhaka is slow and turns like a 24 wheeler. Thats why I think El neny, Niles and any of the new names being mentioned will be better . I will wait and see but I would like to see Xhaka and Jack fetch us some money in the market.
Xhaka is slow=Fact
His passing stats(he finished the season with the highest number of passes completed than any other player in the league) are far much better than Ramsey=Fact
He is more positionally disciplined than ramsey=fact
Ramsey`s goal scoring stats are far much more than Xhaka's Facts=fact

There is more to football than number of goals scored.....What is the use of scoring more goals whilst leaving your team in a situation whereby they are conceding more?
You are talking about delayed runs. Well timed runs wont leave your central midfield partners exposed whether they are fast or not.[/quote]

I don't know wetting dey happen to my Siddonlook brother, but Ramsey should either play his role or be demoted to the U17. Let him go and be scoring on the moon if he likes. We have Lacazette, ObamaYoung, Welbeck, Mkhi to get goals from. If any of our strikers goes down, he can come in and play striker if that's what he wants. The coach should absolutely can him if he stays indisciplined.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

So our shortiman Uruguayan has not yet arrived? How is he doing against Egypt?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

David Luiz ... coming to Arsenal. Luiz + Moustafi ...
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

bepanda wrote:David Luiz ... coming to Arsenal. Luiz + Moustafi ...
Not true.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Nkume wrote:
bepanda wrote:David Luiz ... coming to Arsenal. Luiz + Moustafi ...
Not true.
I might be wrong but in terms of defensive additions I think Arsenal are done, with socratis, lichsteiner and Söyüncü coming in. I think Mustafi is going to stay but one of Holding or Chambers might leave either on loan or permanently depending on whether Söyüncü is really coming or not. Luiz will only come if he is available for quite cheap price and low salary, Fitness wise I dont think Luiz is the player he used to be. Otherwise I dont see him joining Arsenal. There is a slight possibility of Gelson Martins coming in but that will be determined by whether he will succeed in canceling his contract with Sporting Lisbon like Rui Patricio did and whether somebody else with slightly deeper pockets is bidding for him.

One of the offensive players might leave though....just don't know who.