NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-2 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by tolahs »

analyzer wrote:Need to move Mikel back to deep CM and have a runner next to him. Give somebody else the AM task. Mikel should be doing for us what Modric was doing for Croatia. Dictate from deep
He does what he likes & holds sway - that's a huge problem.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Gooner1 wrote:so glad I have not invested any emotions into football.......wenger's arsenal has a knack for doing that
To be honest this game was supposed to whip me into the emotional bandwagon but alas, I was right all along.

Anyway, they tried, me I dey go back to selling sweet and nzu for ma-Kate.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

Coach wrote:“We weren’t troubled whatsoever” - Slaven Bilic.
Oh, I could have him told him that.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I dont even know why the boys are getting all these insults, player for player Croatia parades a better team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

oloye wrote:I dont even know why the boys are getting all these insults, player for player Croatia parades a better team.
As usual, commentary herein is different from what is transpiring on the field.
Only football 'know nothings' will say the SE played a bad game. Yes we did not win,
but we put in a great effort and the goals were circumstantial.
GO Super Eagles!!!
Last edited by joao on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

analyzer wrote:Need to move Mikel back to deep CM and have a runner next to him. Give somebody else the AM task. Mikel should be doing for us what Modric was doing for Croatia. Dictate from deep
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That is the only role left for Mikel in the team.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

oloye wrote:You all can hyperventilate all evening....we lost to a better team period. They were better than us in every aspect of the game, that we came off with only 2 goals for me was a surprise because they have a team that can do us 4 without breaking a sweat. How many did Denmark do our so called JJ and the so called great team for? 4 goals under 30mins.

We conceded two avoidable goals and if Moses was a Croatian he would have gotten a penalty from that obnoxious ref. Yes that was a penalty but I want someone to swear Ekong was the first person in this world cup to wrap his hands against his opponent.

Its not that we lost that's painful, it the way we played and likely play the same way in the next 2 matches. Even Peru today played much better and still lost.
Moses was the one tripping himself at most time and they were not penalties at all.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

oloye wrote:I dont even know why the boys are getting all these insults, player for player Croatia parades a better team.
Because they didn't try...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Only player who put in work was Moses..The 2 central defenders were not so bad, aaprt from the peneralty.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

asabe wrote:Only player who put in work was Moses..The 2 central defenders were not so bad, aaprt from the peneralty.
Moses was killing out attack by falling down all over the place
Site Admin
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-1 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by truetalk »

theYemster wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
amafolas wrote:
zee wrote:
elerineye wrote:We were supposed to be burning up their backline with pace, where is it?
Fooking cowardly German ..killed the pace.
Bloody mickey mouse coach.............let me see the next imbecile that insults the LEGENDARY KESHI :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
keshi is 10 times the coach Rohr is. For one Keshi knows how to motivate Nigerians. and he didn't throw away Naija style soccer and turn us to robots.
The same Keshi who took Ameobi, Uchebo and Nwofor to Brazil 2014? :shock:
...and yet managed to get to the second round and if not for three dodgy calls could've had a decent shot at beating France.

Wouldn't it be trip if he ends up doing more with arguably less talented players hmm?

That is why I said this team is better, but Keshi believed in the players & the Nigerian Spirit.

This daft clown genuinely does not believe. It is a big problem.

I'm all for firing him on the spot to salvage the WC. Sometimes you need to shake things up.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

oloye wrote:You all can hyperventilate all evening....we lost to a better team period. They were better than us in every aspect of the game, that we came off with only 2 goals for me was a surprise because they have a team that can do us 4 without breaking a sweat. How many did Denmark do our so called JJ and the so called great team for? 4 goals under 30mins.

We conceded two avoidable goals and if Moses was a Croatian he would have gotten a penalty from that obnoxious ref. Yes that was a penalty but I want someone to swear Ekong was the first person in this world cup to wrap his hands against his opponent.
Thanks Chief Oloye! Those are some of my annoyance as well. When are these referees going to officiate games fairly when African teams are playing? When? Of all the roughness the Croatians used, nothing was called against them, except few
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Odas wrote:I wonder what happened to our RAMPAGING 3-5-2 format. Why didn't we deploy it today?

We were tearing England apart with that formation. If you cannot defend, limit the opportunities the other team has to attack.
Kpom................................Keshi understands that but Germans don't. Every German attacker from childhood is taught how to 'manmark' the opposition when their team loses possession.
That is the German way of Football-LIFE ..............ours is our pace and unpredictability.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

The coach should just let these players off the leash and let them play the Nigerian way. If we lose, we lose. At least it would be better than this impotent pseudo European approach.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Someone said Rohr is a bit like Berti. I can see similarities. Pedantic not proactive. For one, he has never taken a team to the World Cup. He has reached his level. Never thought I'd say this. Rohr thinks Nigeria should be satisfied to be at the WC but Nigeria is ambitious. We have gone beyond the group stages.

Never thought I'd say this. Rohr should be sacked after this World Cup. We need a coach either from Nigeria or someone with more tactical Nuance.
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The problem is that Iceland are also good at set pieces and Argentina have Messi. This was actually our easiest match based on how we stack up.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Oloye you speak the truth. Croatia was clearly better with better players. I love my country & will support our guys but we have no quality at all. And please folks stop blamimg the Coach. When he got SE to WC we were all over how special he was.
We are just a ok team. No greatness here.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dean, this game was for the taking.
Croatia was playing us very cautiously.
We were not aggressive enough.
The tactics for the line up just didn't jive.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Dogsh*t.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Odas wrote:

Thanks Chief Oloye! Those are some of my annoyance as well. When are these referees going to officiate games fairly when African teams are playing? When? Of all the roughness the Croatians used, nothing was called against them, except few
Most of the roughness was called. The problem was that he didn't brandish cards.
Egg

Post by asabe »

Molue Conductor wrote:
asabe wrote:Only player who put in work was Moses..The 2 central defenders were not so bad, aaprt from the peneralty.
Moses was killing out attack by falling down all over the place
Which attack? He was the ATTACK!!
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

We should have made earlier changes'
Croatia 2-0 Nigeria
Former Nigeria forward Peter Odemwingie told BBC Radio 5 live: "It's a disappointing result and performance, and we only had one effort on goal which was a looping header. Mikel needs to play deeper in the role he is used to with Chelsea and Iwobi needs to play in the middle.

"I understand the team selection in the first half but we should have changed it when we went 1-0 down. I don't expect to win the World Cup with this young squad but we can improve."

gucci slippers talking
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA V CROATIA 0-1 (match thread) - Links/Lineup

Post by theYemster »

9jaMan wrote:Rohr told y'all, he came to learn, una nor believe
Nonsense. Then why not bring players like Kelechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen and Ola Aina instead of players on their last legs?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯