::Nigeria vs Croatia post match press conference::

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: ::Nigeria vs Croatia post match press conference::

Post by Rawlings »

Naija is building
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

niyi wrote:
1naija wrote:
Synopsis wrote:The worst part was Rohr saying that there was nothing wrong with the tactics.
What was wrong with the tactics? Bad tactics didn't cause the goal. I though we were actually as good as the Croatians. The only thing that was lacking is fire power upfront.
Bad tactics meant we didn't creatr good goal scoring opportunities
We created as many scoring opportunities as Croatia!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:This Rohr is a special breed of stupid, he’s praising Musa saying he might start the next game that he did well, but nothing on Kelechi that did better, not sure why he can’t use the Argentina friendly forward line, we need to win the next game and big. Wondering what he saw Musa do that we didn’t.

:lol: no oh, the Russians are always asking about Musa and whether he will play. That was why he specifically mentioned musa possibly starting in the next game.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:This Rohr is a special breed of stupid, he’s praising Musa saying he might start the next game that he did well, but nothing on Kelechi that did better, not sure why he can’t use the Argentina friendly forward line, we need to win the next game and big. Wondering what he saw Musa do that we didn’t.

:lol: no oh, the Russians are always asking about Musa and whether he will play. That was why he specifically mentioned musa possibly starting in the next game.
:rotf: oh boy I can't stand Rohr's excuses anymore, he keeps complaining we have a young team but he choose to go with a young team, then the worst part is his so called young team played slower and more pedestrian than the old team of Croatia. Untop of that hearing him saying Musa might start just ticked me off men.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

:rotf: oh boy I can't stand Rohr's excuses anymore, he keeps complaining we have a young team but he choose to go with a young team, then the worst part is his so called young team played slower and more pedestrian than the old team of Croatia. Untop of that hearing him saying Musa might start just ticked me off men.

I don't blame you man. However, he is right that he does have a young team. He is clearly trying to build a team for beyond this world cup. The problem with success is that it beings heightened expectations. They got out of a qualifying group that few expected them to survive, so people have high expectations for them. He could not overhaul his team that qualified for the world cup with players that he didn't know. This team really isn't bad, but is still a work in progress as you can tell that Rohr still does not know his best line up or his preferred formation. He appears to want to soak pressure and play a counter attacking game but we simply don't have the personnel to do it effectively on a consistent basis. We are way too slow once we recover the ball, just look at how Portugal countered Spain yesterday and compare it to what we did.

What bothered me was how undisciplined we were without possession, our players did not press effectively as a team, and left eons of space between each other as they shifted across the field. It is very easy to pass around a team that plays that way and the Croatians did that all night. You would think a "german coach" would have drilled this into them by now until it became second nature.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

1naija wrote:
Synopsis wrote:The worst part was Rohr saying that there was nothing wrong with the tactics.
What was wrong with the tactics? Bad tactics didn't cause the goal. I though we were actually as good as the Croatians. The only thing that was lacking is fire power upfront.
That is a bad tactic.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

I don't blame you man. However, he is right that he does have a young team. He is clearly trying to build a team for beyond this world cup. The problem with success is that it beings heightened expectations. They got out of a qualifying group that few expected them to survive, so people have high expectations for them. He could not overhaul his team that qualified for the world cup with players that he didn't know. This team really isn't bad, but is still a work in progress as you can tell that Rohr still does not know his best line up or his preferred formation. He appears to want to soak pressure and play a counter attacking game but we simply don't have the personnel to do it effectively on a consistent basis. We are way too slow once we recover the ball, just look at how Portugal countered Spain yesterday and compare it to what we did.

What bothered me was how undisciplined we were without possession, our players did not press effectively as a team, and left eons of space between each other as they shifted across the field. It is very easy to pass around a team that plays that way and the Croatians did that all night. You would think a "german coach" would have drilled this into them by now until it became second nature.
What do you see in Rohr that made you think he can build anything post world cup? Is it the talent he has unearthed, the discipline, style of play, tactics? I don't see anything to build on from what he has done. I don't even think he knows the abilities and limitations of the players he has at his disposal and he has been with them almost two years.
Last edited by oscar52 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oscar52 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

What do you see in Rohr that made you think he can build anything post world cup? Is it the talent he has unearned, the discipline, style of play, tactics? I don't see anything to build on from what he has done. I don't even think he knows the abilities and limitations of the players he has at his disposal and he has been with them almost two years.
The team has played relatively well albeit in flashes and has started to regress in the last few matches. In the games during the qualifiers, we looked a lot more organized and played with a high pressing/ high tempo counter attacking style that looked very promising. We also looked like we actually practiced set pieces and had "set plays" or them. The major criticism was that he appeared to be slow to adjust/react to what happens on the field. The defense was still quite shaky but was solid enough. I expressed concern that when you become a solely counter attacking side, you tend to have major issues when teams sit and dare you to break them down.

Over the past few games, the team has looked like a shadow of itself.

return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He gave all the right answers. :thumbs:
Not really. He avoided the question about why he brought Iwobi off in the 2nd half.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

niyi wrote:
1naija wrote:
Bad tactics meant we didn't creatr good goal scoring opportunities
I pray that one of the journalists challenge him on this point in the press conference leading to the Iceland game about this club excuse nonsense that was put in the bin by
Mexico, Iceland
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

akamoke wrote:
I pray that one of the journalists challenge him on this point in the press conference leading to the Iceland game about this club excuse nonsense that was put in the bin by
Mexico, Iceland
The individual who would have asked the question is sitting next to him.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim