Moving forward.... qualification chances

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Qualification is still achievable

Post by Enugu II »

Synopsis wrote:We had a $#% group in 2014 and we were lucky to qualify.
Synopsis

That isn't true. In 2014, we were the lowest ranked in our group and had those discussions here. We qualified however but it was not a weak group.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Enugu II wrote:
Synopsis wrote:We had a $#% group in 2014 and we were lucky to qualify.
Synopsis

That isn't true. In 2014, we were the lowest ranked in our group and had those discussions here. We qualified however but it was not a weak group.
Iran and Bosnia. It was the weakest group of that world cup.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

pajimoh wrote:It looks like the end of the world right now but we can still beat the remaining two teams. Keep the faith.
It is not over. This team need some spark. This defeat might just be the thunder we need.

I'm hopeful..

TGBTG - Up Naija, Up Super Eagles

Rohr can't see the obvious needed changes, that's the reason the SE will be humiliated in this World Cup. It will only get worse for SE with Rohr as coach. Now he is thinking about starting Musa because he was told that the Russian fans love Musa.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote: It looks like the end of the world right now but we can still beat the remaining two teams. Keep the faith.
It is not over. This team need some spark. This defeat might just be the thunder we need

I'm hopeful..

Thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

cchinukw wrote:Not with Rohr in charge.

We ain't going nowhere.

You only need to listen to him at press conferences and see his body language on the touch line.

You already knew we lost the few times the camera panned on him.
:agree: KPOM!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Am I the only one on this site who sees the truth written on the wall? There is nothing to hope if you don't plant the right seed. You can't plant an orange and hoping for a watermelon. Where'd the do dat at??

When you put everything on faith it tells me you've been in trouble to begin with.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:It looks like the end of the world right now but we can still beat the remaining two teams. Keep the faith.
It is not over. This team need some spark. This defeat might just be the thunder we need.

I'm hopeful..

Yes all we have to do is keep praying, since our opponents do pray too..abi...what we saw yesterday has been in every friendly we played. SE aren't getting out of that group. Nigeria never advances from the group after losing its first game. Fact
I agree with you. I honestly don't see how the Eagle's will beat Iceland and Argentina. Iceland will run Nigeria to the ground. They are very fast and the transition from the defence to attack is very good. Waiting to see how Nigeria defense will cope with the superior attacking power of Argentina. Nigeria attack on the other hand is toothless, not a single shot at goal against Croatia, thats embarrassing.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

I'm hopeful..

Yes all we have to do is keep praying, since our opponents do pray too..abi...what we saw yesterday has been in every friendly we played. SE aren't getting out of that group. Nigeria never advances from the group after losing its first game. Fact
I agree with you. I honestly don't see how the Eagle's will beat Iceland and Argentina. Iceland will run Nigeria to the ground. They are very fast and the transition from the defence to attack is very good. Waiting to see how Nigeria defense will cope with the superior attacking power of Argentina. Nigeria attack on the other hand is toothless, not a single shot at goal against Croatia, thats embarrassing.
Pray? Why should God answer your prayers and not your opponents? Hard work mate pays off!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Nigeria has been playing in the same lethargic manner with an ultra conservative coach who is not prepared to think outside the box for months now and we think we can just turn it on ?. Yes it is theoretically possible to qualify but highly unlikely with the half witted carpenter disguised as a so called coach sitting on the bench.
I’m all for team unity and singing around a piano like a 3rd rate choir etc but there are no big characters or leaders in the team. The captain as is docile in his verbal expression as is in his play. The other players just seem too content and happy to be selected.
Where is %$#@^& Gucci slippers when you need one ? There are too many ‘safe’ characters in this team. Too safe in their attitude and play.
As for Croatia not deserving to win or we were unlucky ? Please. I daresay we were lucky to walk away with only 2 against us. It was another heavy footed display.
It is theoretically possible to qualify and I certainly will be rooting for us to do so. I will however not be losing any sleep or making any sacrifices of my time or emotions over this bunch.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Soccerfan00 wrote:
joao wrote:Thanks for this thread pajimoh.
Nobody likes to lose, but losing should not be the end of the world.
If any of these lamenting naysayers ever compete for anythings they sure would have lost a few.
Thus why all the unreasonable accusations and demeaning of people's efforts. One loss and some ITKs
herein are asking for a new coach. Some 'genius' even suggested that Uzoho and Etebo be benched.
I've said this before, many herein are fair weather SE fans. The rave the most when we win and exhibit
the worst in themselves when we lost. I can't wait for same 'flippers' jumping the ship now, to get their
obnoxious selves back on after our next win.
joao, how the hell do they go through all that hell of qualifying and still play crap in the main event, this is unacceptable. we don't care if they lost, they should show the world that they can play good football, give us some happy memories and not just talking about nonsense kit designs etc.

iceland has been very new to the international scene and even though we all know they aren't going to win these tournaments, they keep on getting better and better and showing the world not to fear any opponent and giving your best for their country to the final whistle. this is what we expect from our country not this crap that we are watching.
...because different players qualify you while different players play the main event, hence we the ever present agents hawking their favorite players we see here on CE days leading to the main event.

We Nigerians are our worse enemy. Money over achievement for the country, even personal accolade is overlooked because they rather amass that money.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Absolutely, I think we played the group's best team so everything is still in our hands.
otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

marko wrote:
cruxifixoy2k wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

I'm hopeful..

Pray? Why should God answer your prayers and not your opponents? Hard work mate pays off!
Nigerians pay more tithe than anybody else.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

mcal wrote:
Soccerfan00 wrote:
If any of these lamenting naysayers ever compete for anythings they sure would have lost a few.
Thus why all the unreasonable accusations and demeaning of people's efforts. One loss and some ITKs
herein are asking for a new coach. Some 'genius' even suggested that Uzoho and Etebo be benched.
I've said this before, many herein are fair weather SE fans. The rave the most when we win and exhibit
the worst in themselves when we lost. I can't wait for same 'flippers' jumping the ship now, to get their
joao, how the hell do they go through all that hell of qualifying and still play crap in the main event, this is unacceptable. we don't care if they lost, they should show the world that they can play good football, give us some happy memories and not just talking about nonsense kit designs etc.

iceland has been very new to the international scene and even though we all know they aren't going to win these tournaments, they keep on getting better and better and showing the world not to fear any opponent and giving your best for their country to the final whistle. this is what we expect from our country not this crap that we are watching.
...because different players qualify you while different players play the main event, hence we the ever present agents hawking their favorite players we see here on CE days leading to the main event.

We Nigerians are our worse enemy. Money over achievement for the country, even personal accolade is overlooked because they rather amass that money.

You are making zero sense, Rohr stuck to the same players that qualified and ignored the obvious better players that would improve the team.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

mcal wrote:
Soccerfan00 wrote:

Yeah a case of horses for courses.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

It has started. Calculator boys are out after one game.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...no time for argument. Many here, I'll say 99%, expected this sort of outcome but won't say it. Forget the rhetoric, taste of akamu is in the eating of it :biggrin:
We know our shiit, we know what we are capable of.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Qualification is still achievable if Rohr is able to ring the changes, but I doubt he will

33333---555555---222222 !!!!! Please

Play Iheanacho and Iwobi as CFs

Moses is a wingback (left)

Ebuehi is the right wing back

Etebo and Ogu play.

Unfortunately, I know Rohr will continue 4-2-3-1 until the team dies
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

On reflection we did not play badly and frankly qualification is still within our hands. If Argentina draw Croatia, that leaves them with 2 and 4 points respectively..Argentina win the they have 4 point to Croatia's 3. We are just going to have to fight out way out of this, we may be down but we are not out.

Against Iceland, playing 1 upfront (Ighalo) will be suicide because with their defensive organisation and their physicality, Ighalo won't even get a sniff.

The real Nigeria hasn't shown up yet.... I would rather we switched to our tradition 4-4-2 and throw the kitchen sink at Iceland.

********************* Ighalo *********************************

***************************Nacho ****************************

Moses ******** Ndidi***********Etebo*************Iwobi**********

Idowu *********Ekong ********* Balogun ********** Ebuehi*********

****************** Uzoho ********************************

Iwobi and Etebo should have licence to bomb forward in alternate fashion, so we always have 3 sitting to keep our shape.

Mikel can replace Etebo if we need to defend our lead and ride out the game..

Musa should replace Ighalo to inject pace as soon as the old fox has run himself ragged.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

...don't bother 'hoping'.....I can't see anything optimistic in the way we play currently, or for the future
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Moving forward.... qualification chances

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We are best thinking of 2022
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg
Re: Moving forward...

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We will win this group. Na me tok am!
wake up young man