Serbia 1 vs Costa Rica 0 (Kolarov) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Serbia 1 vs Costa Rica 0

Post by airwolex »

ohenhen1 wrote:UEFA is dominating the WC so far.
Even their crap teams like Denmark are doing well.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

this will soon look like the Euro championship...
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

airwolex wrote:Costa Rica's best players are in their late 20's and early 30's. This might be one WC too far. I think this Serb team is better balanced than their cousins in Croatia.
I don't think Croats consider Serbians their cousins.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

How was that not a PK?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

ohenhen1 wrote:
airwolex wrote:Costa Rica's best players are in their late 20's and early 30's. This might be one WC too far. I think this Serb team is better balanced than their cousins in Croatia.
I don't think Croats consider Serbians their cousins.
To me they are the same. :D :D :D
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

wale1974 wrote:How was that not a PK?
He was off balance earlier.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

WTF? Take the shot!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Oguleftie wrote:
There was no contact that before the fall.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

airwolex wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:UEFA is dominating the WC so far.
Even their crap teams like Denmark are doing well.
Denmark are not crap.....................How can you call a team with Delaney, Eriksen, Poulsen, Vestergaard, Christensen and Schmeichel crap?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I don't see how Serbia is more balanced than Croatia. We have pretty much a complete team. The quality up front is questionable, but Mandzukic, Kramaric, and Rebic might develop and peak in time.

Also, from watching both teams, I believe we move the ball much better, especially offensively, than Serbia. Both teams are gritty when need be. But I thing we have 1 more level of class.

Of course, I'm Croatian and have a bias. But I like to think I keep it as objective as possible.

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

did anyone foul him? he hust went down alone.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Kabalega wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
There was no contact that before the fall.
I just saw the replay.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

mate wrote:

I don't see how Serbia is more balanced than Croatia. We have pretty much a complete team. The quality up front is questionable, but Mandzukic, Kramaric, and Rebic might develop and peak in time.

Also, from watching both teams, I believe we move the ball much better, especially offensively, than Serbia. Both teams are gritty when need be. But I thing we have 1 more level of class.

Of course, I'm Croatian and have a bias. But I like to think I keep it as objective as possible.

More important Serbia have all four backilne players who are good in the air which is where Costa Rica is counting on.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Croatia and Serbia have ver big players. physically imposing. They just overpower others.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oguleftie wrote:
mate wrote:

More important Serbia have all four backilne players who are good in the air which is where Costa Rica is counting on.
And SE have both RB and LB that cannot contribute in this area. Yet Eze was not considered in the SE squad.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mate wrote:

Take Savic and Matic out of the middle and Serbia are toothless, where as Brozovic and Kovacic can easily replace Ivan and Luka for Croatia....................So Croatia is better for me.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mate wrote:

It's close. But I like their balance of role players Matic and Luka Milivojević compared to flair players Tadic and Savic. I also like the fact that their two full backs Ivanovic and Kolarov are experienced but still young enough to contribute. Overall Croatia has the higher profile players though.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Good Victory for Serbia.....................Good to see AARP members RB Ivanovic and LB Kolarov bombing up front to support the attack.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Bad concept.
Costa Rica playing to the strength of Serbia; high balls into the Serbia backline.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Costa Rica regressed from 2014.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Oguleftie wrote:Bad concept.
Costa Rica playing to the strength of Serbia; high balls into the Serbia backline.
Same crap we did yesterday
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oguleftie wrote:Bad concept.
Or at least low probability of being a successful strategy.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wale1974 wrote:
mate wrote:

Take Savic and Matic out of the middle and Serbia are toothless, where as Brozovic and Kovacic can easily replace Ivan and Luka for Croatia....................So Croatia is better for me.
Maybe. I just think that with Croatia there is a case of too many chiefs not enough Indians, whereas the Serbians have players content with totally doing the donkey work.