WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM

Post by deanotito »

1. I think Nigeria’s biggest problem is Ighalo’s inability to play as a lone striker. Being the first time I’ve seen him play up close, had a chance to see how he controlled the ball etc. Let’s just say that elite technical skills are lacking. I now see why he thrived partnering with Troy Deeney. He needs a foil. Without one, he gets crowded out while still trying to control the ball...and our moves essentially die at his legs. Simy seems technically more gifted so I say start with him.

2. Moses...I get what he’s trying to do. Win free kicks in dangerous areas...but his decision making is faulty. With such a strategy, you need to constantly optimize when to fall and when to stay on your feet. Let’s just say that his optimization is poor.

3. Etebo na baller. Probably MoM, albeit in a game where neither set of players covered themselves in glory.

4. Finally I have come to accept what many had accepted long time ago. This Mikel as playmaker thing does not work. He was slow and ponderous and the Croatians knew it. They attacked him quickly and dispossessed him A LOT while he’s trying to think up an attacking move. He needs to be back there...I am partial to Ndidi, but a Mikel-Etebo central/defensive partnership is more dynamic than a Mikel-Ndidi partnership. Etebo is a true all round midfielder. The only playmaker option we have is Iwobi, and so we should use him there.

5. Musa was a favorite of the Russians and he got a loud cheer but he had a hard time making good decisions. I was disappointed with his impact

6. For all the noise I have heard about Modric, Rakitic etc, they are eminently ordinary players. Again, Etebo was the best midfielder on that field.

7. We’re most likely out, but I say we go with 3-5-2 going forward. None of our defenders did bad in the run of play. In fact, they all did pretty well. Ekong screwed up mightily on the set pieces and I think he should be replaced. I would also replace Shehu with Ebuehi cause he overlaps better.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM

Post by airwolex »

. For all the noise I have heard about Modric, Rakitic etc, they are eminently ordinary players. Again, Etebo was the best midfielder on that field.
Bros...Modric was sublime especially in the second half. Some of his one time passes were incredible. But yes Etebo is Wilson Oruma reincarnated.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The same Simy Nwankwo that didn't doanything DR Congo, oh please stop.

Give Ighalo a partner upfront. That is the solution we should explore.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

deanotito wrote:1. I think Nigeria’s biggest problem is Ighalo’s inability to play as a lone striker. Being the first time I’ve seen him play up close, had a chance to see how he controlled the ball etc. Let’s just say that elite technical skills are lacking. I now see why he thrived partnering with Troy Deeney. He needs a foil. Without one, he gets crowded out while still trying to control the ball...and our moves essentially die at his legs. Simy seems technically more gifted so I say start with him.

2. Moses...I get what he’s trying to do. Win free kicks in dangerous areas...but his decision making is faulty. With such a strategy, you need to constantly optimize when to fall and when to stay on your feet. Let’s just say that his optimization is poor.

3. Etebo na baller. Probably MoM, albeit in a game where neither set of players covered themselves in glory.

4. Finally I have come to accept what many had accepted long time ago. This Mikel as playmaker thing does not work. He was slow and ponderous and the Croatians knew it. They attacked him quickly and dispossessed him A LOT while he’s trying to think up an attacking move. He needs to be back there...I am partial to Ndidi, but a Mikel-Etebo central/defensive partnership is more dynamic than a Mikel-Ndidi partnership. Etebo is a true all round midfielder. The only playmaker option we have is Iwobi, and so we should use him there.

5. Musa was a favorite of the Russians and he got a loud cheer but he had a hard time making good decisions. I was disappointed with his impact

6. For all the noise I have heard about Modric, Rakitic etc, they are eminently ordinary players. Again, Etebo was the best midfielder on that field.

7. We’re most likely out, but I say we go with 3-5-2 going forward. None of our defenders did bad in the run of play. In fact, they all did pretty well. Ekong screwed up mightily on the set pieces and I think he should be replaced. I would also replace Shehu with Ebuehi cause he overlaps better.
And you don't think it was the SE/Coach that made them look ordinary????
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The most dangerous Croatian player IMO was Rebic.

Modric was easily handled, even by Mikel! Rebic was something else, he pressed Nigerian into making silly errors and stiffled many of our attacks.

he is only 24 yars old and plays for Frankfurt. A wise team would get hold of him!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

deanotito wrote:1. I think Nigeria’s biggest problem is Ighalo’s inability to play as a lone striker. Being the first time I’ve seen him play up close, had a chance to see how he controlled the ball etc. Let’s just say that elite technical skills are lacking. I now see why he thrived partnering with Troy Deeney. He needs a foil. Without one, he gets crowded out while still trying to control the ball...and our moves essentially die at his legs. Simy seems technically more gifted so I say start with him.

That is why when I hear about the pedigree of the Croatians I blow a gasket.

They actually respected our players and played cautiously.

I didn't see the vaunted Midfield
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ighalo is finished at the top level. Watford realized that and offloaded him to China. He has been living off his goal against Cameroon for far too long .
I am happy
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cellular wrote:

But 'WE' fans dont show respect! We think we are so good that we can beat any team even though our best players are playing in the Chinese league, our keeper is 19 year old 3rd choice keeper etc. What's the basis of our confidence?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:

Our people need to understand the game...

The game was played entirely on their terms and the focus was on avoiding having the game played in “disorder”, to echo Mascherano.

They played well within themselves until after the second goal when the Nigerian players abandoned all semblance of organization and went for self help...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

But 'WE' fans dont show respect! We think we are so good that we can beat any team even though our best players are playing in the Chinese league, our keeper is 19 year old 3rd choice keeper etc. What's the basis of our confidence?

Go look in your mirror and see what a coward looks like. The SE have always been giant killers, do your research.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

.............. "Being the first time I’ve seen him play up close" .......
Are you serious; you mean you don't watch SE play?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nigeria lost due to concentration, thats how they lost since 1994 till 2018, does Nigeria have the mentality to turn a loss into winning its next 2 games? This is when you expect players to step up, i lost confidence after watching 15 mins of the england game, i still have not recovered, unless they have something up their sleeves, they will be out this time next week
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Our people need to understand the game...

The game was played entirely on their terms and the focus was on avoiding having the game played in “disorder”, to echo Mascherano.

They played well within themselves until after the second goal when the Nigerian players abandoned all semblance of organization and went for self help...
Because they know the element our coach will bring. They were not made to play outside their comfort zone.

There are many ways to play this game. You can't outplay a style folks play at all levels of their football...

The sad realization is that the friendlies were indeed a true indication of how bad we are.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I wonder what Victor Moses pecking order of free kick taking is at his club.
That at the national level he is our main fk taker.
I have never seen him take one at Chelsea.
Goes to show we are very mediocre in all departments.
Good in Africa, not at the world.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Why not send Ghana?

Or even Togo?

Maybe send our local league players who will just be happy to be there and enjoy the atmosphere of participating in the World Cup.

I hate loser talk!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

all of una are clueless; everyone desperately trying to sound like they know something
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

It’s simple. Nigeria sucks!! No quality and world class soccer IQ is lacking. I usually don’t comment on these but it’s been a decades since the opppsite was, generally, demonstrated by the SE.

Then comes in the so called fans, who spend their emotions, energy, time and money on top European club sides. They get accustomed to the quality and expect the same from the SE. It does not matter how you permutate or change the line up/formation, the squad has a depth... of mediocre players. Despite the reality in plain sight, a lot of you folks have overreaching expectations. TBH, Y’all are some deluded folks.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Dammy wrote:Ighalo is finished at the top level. Watford realized that and offloaded him to China. He has been living off his goal against Cameroon for far too long .
:clap: :clap:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Besides the Cameroon game, what good has Ighalo done in a Nigeria Jersey?

Some people have forgotten that he was once dumped for Ideye Brown. I would prefer Brown as a lone striker. He doesn’t score but at least he contributes in other areas like involving others in the game. Ighalo just stands like a tree in an offside position.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ighalo is not the problem. You are not addressing the real problem.

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:The same Simy Nwankwo that didn't doanything DR Congo, oh please stop.

So what? Not everyone lights it up at their very first attempt.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

jette1 wrote:all of una are clueless; everyone desperately trying to sound like they know something
I can't get enough of this forums. It's hilarious :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The same Simy Nwankwo that didn't doanything DR Congo, oh please stop.

So what? Not everyone lights it up at their very first attempt.

We have to learn how to properly diagnose the disease before we can treat it.

Our problem is we don't play as a team offensively. We don't have enough creative players. We lack imagination. Ighalo is the scapegoat. While we choose not to address the real problems with the squad. Remove ighalo, play Iheanacho or Simy Nwanwkwo while choosing to play the same way we played against Croatia, nothing will improve.