WHAT'S MEXICO SAYING? IT'S NOT ABOUT PEDIGREE, STUPID

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
WHAT'S MEXICO SAYING? IT'S NOT ABOUT PEDIGREE, STUPID

Post by Bell »

Following the Croatia loss, there were those who said it was too much to expect the SE to beat Croatia. Why? And they'd start throw out the name Modric repeatedly and a few others, telling us about the pedigree of the Croatian players and the top European clubs they play for. They'd contrast that with the SE players who play in "backwater leagues". Some of us argued that while that may be true, it shouldn't be taken too far, citing the case of Iceland. Well, Mexico just firmed up that point.

All the German players play in top European clubs so much so that the likes of Sane, a starter for most of the teams in Russia 18, couldn't get a place in the German squad. Meanwhile, some of the Mexican players earn their pay in the MLS. And perhaps their top player is a potential West Ham cast off. Most of them might not even find a spot in the German squad. But see what just happened.

So the message to the SE for the rest of this tournament is for the coach unleash the players and go for broke the next two matches. Let's see what happens. They shouldn't be overburdened with all kinds of schemes and formations. Let the guys play free.

Message to the US. I know there is a temptation to quickly go and hire the Mexican coach, a Colombian who has been having problems with the fans and FA. Remember what happened when the same emotional reaction led to the hiring of Klinsmann and we all know what happened. It's not about the coach; it's about the talent on the field and their heart.
Bell
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: WHAT'S MEXICO SAYING? IT'S NOT ABOUT PEDIGREE, STUPID

Post by Synopsis »

:clap:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Much of this comes back to Rohr. He's seriously overplayed the underdog card to the point where it seems as if Nigeria is there only to collect beatings.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Sadly Rohr also believes that Modric was too much for the SE to deal with. Without a new coach the SE is going nowhere
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

John12 no get shame at all
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Thank you jare.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

cchinukw wrote:Thank you jare.
I'M THINKING...

...the new Rohr contract should be allowed to run its course, if he wants to stay. This should give Pinnick and his crew ample time to do a total re-evaluation of Nigerian soccer with only one purpose in mind: take it to the next level. It gives them time to identify and acquire the next set of NIGERIAN coaches for all the teams (men/women, senior/junior) do what it takes to prepare them for the job. It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bell wrote:It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell
Rohr is the first foreign coach that Pinnick has hired, and the first since Lagerback in 2010. Not exactly mindless dependency is it?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bell wrote:It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell
Rohr is the first foreign coach that Pinnick has hired, and the first since Lagerback in 2010. Not exactly mindless dependency is it?
I THINK...

...Rohr is the first coach Pinnick has had the opportunity to hire, and everything I know about him indicates a weakness for things European. Only short shrift was given to hiring a local before Rohr was selected. And we know how much the NFF goes after foreign coaches and with what deference they are treated. Even here on this forum, the decades-long debate we had is a testament to that.
Bell
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Chriskendo43 wrote:John12 no get shame at all

They are all cowards, Rohr and his brain washed supporters
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:Following the Croatia loss, there were those who said it was too much to expect the SE to beat Croatia. Why? And they'd start throw out the name Modric repeatedly and a few others, telling us about the pedigree of the Croatian players and the top European clubs they play for. They'd contrast that with the SE players who play in "backwater leagues". Some of us argued that while that may be true, it shouldn't be taken too far, citing the case of Iceland. Well, Mexico just firmed up that point.

All the German players play in top European clubs so much so that the likes of Sane, a starter for most of the teams in Russia 18, couldn't get a place in the German squad. Meanwhile, some of the Mexican players earn their pay in the MLS. And perhaps their top player is a potential West Ham cast off. Most of them might not even find a spot in the German squad. But see what just happened.

So the message to the SE for the rest of this tournament is for the coach unleash the players and go for broke the next two matches. Let's see what happens. They shouldn't be overburdened with all kinds of schemes and formations. Let the guys play free.

Message to the US. I know there is a temptation to quickly go and hire the Mexican coach, a Colombian who has been having problems with the fans and FA. Remember what happened when the same emotional reaction led to the hiring of Klinsmann and we all know what happened. It's not about the coach; it's about the talent on the field and their heart.
Bell

It's not that easy. This Mexican team has been together with their coach since 2015 and has a well established style of play and lot more vets than we have on our team. We have a good set of players who are not yet playing like a team yet. its something that will come with time. Imploding the team is not the answer
Last edited by metalalloy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:
I'M THINKING...

...the new Rohr contract should be allowed to run its course, if he wants to stay. This should give Pinnick and his crew ample time to do a total re-evaluation of Nigerian soccer with only one purpose in mind: take it to the next level. It gives them time to identify and acquire the next set of NIGERIAN coaches for all the teams (men/women, senior/junior) do what it takes to prepare them for the job. It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell
This would be great in theory, but if someone with the pedigree of Keshi did not get respect from the Nigerian football establishment, i cant see this ever working. Its not just the coaches that have to change.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bell wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bell
I THINK...

...Rohr is the first coach Pinnick has had the opportunity to hire, and everything I know about him indicates a weakness for things European. Only short shrift was given to hiring a local before Rohr was selected. And we know how much the NFF goes after foreign coaches and with what deference they are treated. Even here on this forum, the decades-long debate we had is a testament to that.
Bell
Pinnick hired Oliseh.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:Following the Croatia loss, there were those who said it was too much to expect the SE to beat Croatia. Why? And they'd start throw out the name Modric repeatedly and a few others, telling us about the pedigree of the Croatian players and the top European clubs they play for. They'd contrast that with the SE players who play in "backwater leagues". Some of us argued that while that may be true, it shouldn't be taken too far, citing the case of Iceland. Well, Mexico just firmed up that point.

Bell

It's not that easy. This Mexican team has been together with their coach since 2015 and has a well established style of play and lot more vets than we have on our team. We have a good set of players who are not yet playing like a team yet. its something that will come with time. Imploding the team is not the answer
you are so dense you will never learn anything in life. It seems you are the kind of individual who always profer reasons for their failures. I'm sure in real life you are definitely a failure. Buffoon . Your reasons for failing are absolutely unacceptable .
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

The odds favour the team with the better players all else being equal but it’s not always the case that all else is equal. Luck may favour one team better. For example, the Germans struck the post and the bar in that game, so potentially they could have scored 2 goals.

I'm sure if you look at the ball possession stats you'll see that they dominated possession. And this was the main question with the Croatia game. Some of us argued that the Croatians retained possession better because they simply had the superior players, man for man. They came into the game with an advantage but the results could have gone our way if, like Germany, luck was just not on their side on the night OR we came with a better system that negated their advantage in better quality players.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Orion wrote:Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

The odds favour the team with the better players all else being equal but it’s not always the case that all else is equal. Luck may favour one team better. For example, the Germans struck the post and the bar in that game, so potentially they could have scored 2 goals.

I'm sure if you look at the ball possession stats you'll see that they dominated possession. And this was the main question with the Croatia game. Some of us argued that the Croatians retained possession better because they simply had the superior players, man for man. They came into the game with an advantage but the results could have gone our way if, like Germany, luck was just not on their side on the night OR we came with a better system that negated their advantage in better quality players.

There is no need to play the game then...its easy, lets hand the WC to Brazil, they have the better players.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

metalalloy wrote:

Bell

TYPICAL NIGERIAN REACTION

It may work for others, below and above Nigeria, but Nigeria always happens to be in that SWEET spot where it can't work.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:
I'M THINKING...

Bell
This would be great in theory, but if someone with the pedigree of Keshi did not get respect from the Nigerian football establishment, i cant see this ever working. Its not just the coaches that have to change.
IF I READ YOU CORRECTLY...

...you're saying Nigeria might as well stop any effort at progress because nothing can work, correct?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Orion wrote:Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

MEXICO DOESN'T NEED TO BEAT GERMANY EVERYTIME

They just need to beat them once, when it counts. Imagine how this match would have turned out if all Mexico cared about at the beginning was what teams the Germans played for and the legendary name at the back of the jerseys.
Bell
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ANC wrote:

There is no need to play the game then...its easy, lets hand the WC to Brazil, they have the better players.
Anything can happen in a match but you have to temper your expectations if you have inferior players. If you can just take any group of players and match teams with better players, then why are we not using guys from the NPFL for the SE? After all, we would have more time to build a team from those players, wouldn't we?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Orion wrote:
ANC wrote:

Anything can happen in a match but you have to temper your expectations if you have inferior players. If you can just take any group of players and match teams with better players, then why are we not using guys from the NPFL for the SE? After all, we would have more time to build a team from those players, wouldn't we?

You have no sense ojare, it's not your fault
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Bell wrote:

MEXICO DOESN'T NEED TO BEAT GERMANY EVERYTIME

They just need to beat them once, when it counts. Imagine how this match would have turned out if all Mexico cared about at the beginning was what teams the Germans played for and the legendary name at the back of the jerseys.
Bell
I'm sure our players went into that game looking to WIN it. After all, we have defeated European teams before in the World Cup.

The reality for the fans is that you cannot always expect a team with inferior players to outclass a team with better players. Yes, on the odd occasion you may win but the odds favour the team with the better players. It just so happens that in this case, the result went with the odds. It's not so surprising.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

metalalloy wrote:

Bell

They have a league which developed players, we don't.

Besides, we have beaten Top European nations in the WC.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.