Iceland National team Show Support For Carl Ikeme

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

The Super Eagles next opponents at the Russia 2018 World Cup Iceland have shown support for Nigeria goalkeeper Carl Ikeme going into Fridays game

Carl Ikeme was diagnosed with acute leukemia back in 2017 and was prior to that The Super Eagles of Nigeria and Wolverhampton Wanderers number one goalkeeper . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/iceland-n ... arl-ikeme/
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iceland National team Show Support For Carl Ikeme

Post by Ekorian »

The Iceland keeper can show real support by letting in 3 goals. I'm not buying all these mind games.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

FYI got this from Facebook. Haven't verified all the info yet but...

Iceland is a small nation, very small, it actually has a population of slightly over 300,000 people, fewer than any Local Government or LCDA in Lagos!

But it forced a draw against Argentina, with Messi hitting 11 shots (including a penalty) but not getting a goal.

What is more interesting is that apparently 5 of the players in the squad are Medical doctors, actually everyone in the team has another professional job they do, the goalkeeper a renown country's Movie Director and others in different professions.

Even the Coach when he is off the field he is a practicing Dentist.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

theYemster wrote:FYI got this from Facebook. Haven't verified all the info yet but...

Iceland is a small nation, very small, it actually has a population of slightly over 300,000 people, fewer than any Local Government or LCDA in Lagos!

But it forced a draw against Argentina, with Messi hitting 11 shots (including a penalty) but not getting a goal.

What is more interesting is that apparently 5 of the players in the squad are Medical doctors, actually everyone in the team has another professional job they do, the goalkeeper a renown country's Movie Director and others in different professions.

...all that translate to people with brains in tackling task at hand.
When I posited them as partimers in pro-football some say I no sabi wetin I dey talk. Okay o!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

mcal wrote:
theYemster wrote:FYI got this from Facebook. Haven't verified all the info yet but...

...all that translate to people with brains in tackling task at hand.
When I posited them as partimers in pro-football some say I no sabi wetin I dey talk. Okay o!
Apparently it seems they are part time ballers.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What has this irrelevant information got to do with this thread? Or you just want to prove again that you are the undisputed king of worthless knowledge? :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice one from the Ice Men.
http://www.naijiant.com/
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:

What has this irrelevant information got to do with this thread? Or you just want to prove again that you are the undisputed king of worthless knowledge? :D
Not everyone rushes to start new threads for every bit of information. If you don't see the relevance of posting this here as opposed to starting another thread then...

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I see the reason it's hard to study their game since they have other jobs Nd football is their second job.
Nigeria will beat them,sad I wanted Iceland and Nigeria make next round.
The Croatia and Argentina game might change everything,I don't know who I will back in that game.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Wonderful gesture.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."