AFCON 2019: SE may miss out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
AFCON 2019: SE may miss out

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have already checked out of Russia 2018 and this is the honest truth. I am hardly ever wrong when it comes to SE and results. However what i saw on Saturday was shocking . no clue on attacking football( Imagine the 2 forward players ,Ighalo( who can be classified as a hold up striker and that Mikel who has no sense on how to play as a CAM, Mikel has no business playing upfront for Nigeria. He was horrible and way below par ) these jokers play in china ..( china way no even qualify for worldcup) You people expect these players will deliver ..lmao

WCQs was a fluke , they got lucky . We parked the bus in all our WCQ games and played on the counter. That's why CRoatia stayed really deep and we became clueless, ICELAND will finally expose the clueless attacking football we clain to have, they will sit deeper, and pull us out, we are the ones chasing the game.... .

we have a rubbish manager who talks none stop. The only positives about this worldcup will be the experience those so called players would add to their resume. This is the 3rd straight worldcup defeat for the SE. one worldcup win( vs Bosnia ) in 20 years , prior to that was another 1-0 win vs Bulgaria, 20 years ago
so the results are the following
3-1 Paraguay
4-1 Denmark
1-0 Argentina
2-1 Sweden
0-0 England
1-0 Argentina
2-1 Greece
2-2 Korea
0-0 Iran
1-0 Bosnia
3-2 Argentina
2-0 France
2-0 Croatia( one win in 13 worldcup matches and you people are still shouting we go qualify)

Nigerian fans are loud, and the truth is we only do well in youth football

Now back to AFCON
we are 3rd in the group, we already lost at home to SA :lol: not to talk of missing the last 2 AFCONs

What that peakmilk did to yall was to play yall , claim they've paid the players and then get a jersey to distract yall, not to talk of those useless overpaid SE players spamming IG as well as that irritating dance they call Shaku shaku

Every worldcup we go there shouting youngest team, and then the next worldcup we claim re-building .. haven't yall seen the pattern? NFF do not care about results etc , it's all about the dollars and cents. open una eyes( i am so mad i bought the jersey)

If we don't watch out we are going to miss the 24 teams AFCON and that go be massive F9

That Iceland will finally open yalls eyes
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON 2019: SE may miss out

Post by Synopsis »

We did not park the bus in our wcq.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Synopsis wrote:We did not park the bus in our wcq.
go and check the stats, we had less possession in most games, even that 4-0 win vs Cameroon
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bros, it's just one game so far. We can still get out of the group. Lets see if the manager makes any changes against Iceland first. Hopefully, they can come out of their stupor.

I am surprised to see that some of the players are posting on social media sites. You would think the coaching staff would have a blackout during the duration of the tournament. While i doubt its the case, i hope the players are not reading the stuff in the negative stuff in the press about their performance.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

BP, I believe u no get sense but this is the first time u are truthfully having sense by saying it the way u saw it.
Your boy Mikel needs to retire, and our poor performance was not mikel's fault but Gohr incompetence.

If Gohr is still our Coach, we will not qualify for the third Afcon.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigerians will always scream “MIKEL should retire” but when he misses one game and the midfield totally collapses it’s back to “MIKEL IS OUR BEST” Mikel shouldn’t retire yet he is part of the future.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

metalalloy wrote:Bros, it's just one game so far. We can still get out of the group. Lets see if the manager makes any changes against Iceland first. Hopefully, they can come out of their stupor.

I am surprised to see that some of the players are posting on social media sites. You would think the coaching staff would have a blackout during the duration of the tournament. While i doubt its the case, i hope the players are not reading the stuff in the negative stuff in the press about their performance.

Where would they not read it? This was a terrible performance beyond any Nigerian fan thinking.

His excuse is the we are not ready and that our players are average, how stupid wad that excuse. So Mexico and Iceland have super star players by beating the best teams?

How many players in Mexico are playing in top leagues in europe but they out played Germany? How old are the Mexican players? They seem younger and fitter than our Nigeria team.

Fact is Gohr is very incompetent and must leave because the say excuse will be given when we are out for the third Afcon.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If rohr can qualify from a team that consists of Algeria, Cameroon, Zambia I don’t think he will find it difficult qualifying for ACN
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:We did not park the bus in our wcq.
go and check the stats, we had less possession in most games, even that 4-0 win vs Cameroon
Nigeria had 48% of the ball at home vs Cameroon. That isn’t parking the bus.
54% away vs Algeria
52% at home vs Algeria
47% at home vs Zambia
50% away vs zambia

Only time we parked the bus was the match in Cameroon.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:Bros, it's just one game so far. We can still get out of the group. Lets see if the manager makes any changes against Iceland first. Hopefully, they can come out of their stupor.

did you read or listen to the manager? ( compare that to Osario( the mexican manager) He said they will play their game, and yes Germany are the worldcup champs etc and that means nothing ) Mexico played a high pressing game , Chicharito, Chucky and Vela all pressed so hard , they even brought in a 39 year old vet) Our manager says young team, says our players play for lesser clubs etc( them no born any local coach for naija to talk like that) Mexico never stopped running our manager sat and stood there all day long and then took out the most effective player Iwobi.

left Mikel as a AM when nothing was happening, Mikel started falling back and left Ighalo isolated , There was a time Mikel stood in the Center and Etebo( the best player) almost collided with him) Play Mikel as a CM , play Ndidi as a box to box and let Etebo bulldozer them.. Iwobi and Etebo can inter change, Shehu has no pace( i saw what Croatia were doing in the first 10 mins , they couldn't penetrate our middle( yes we did have a very strong middle) all they did was attack the RB, lob it to the wings and Shehu was AWOL, later on Moses switched to the RM to help him out, we couldn't pull the Croatians out of their D. Have you seen what Iceland did to Argentina with all their fire power? Meta i see no changes at all.. all our friendlies felt similar to the Croatian game
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

john12 wrote:Nigerians will always scream “MIKEL should retire” but when he misses one game and the midfield totally collapses it’s back to “MIKEL IS OUR BEST” Mikel shouldn’t retire yet he is part of the future.
no one is screaming Mikel should retire. Mikel should play as a CM and not as a support striker. Mikel would have helped a lot in out creativity if he played the position Etebo played on saturday, he performs so much better and reads the game ..I do not think he has the skill set to wait for the ball . he should create from deep , we know how effective he is ,
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

look at your manager

[/video]
SuperEagles

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

World cup is not AFCON.
AFCON you are playing against teams in the continent.
Don't go there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Oguleftie wrote:World cup is not AFCON.
AFCON you are playing against teams in the continent.
Don't go there.
AFCON is weak
SuperEagles

eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

did you read or listen to the manager? ( compare that to Osario( the mexican manager) He said they will play their game, and yes Germany are the worldcup champs etc and that means nothing ) Mexico played a high pressing game , Chicharito, Chucky and Vela all pressed so hard , they even brought in a 39 year old vet) Our manager says young team, says our players play for lesser clubs etc( them no born any local coach for naija to talk like that) Mexico never stopped running our manager sat and stood there all day long and then took out the most effective player Iwobi.

left Mikel as a AM when nothing was happening, Mikel started falling back and left Ighalo isolated , There was a time Mikel stood in the Center and Etebo( the best player) almost collided with him) Play Mikel as a CM , play Ndidi as a box to box and let Etebo bulldozer them.. Iwobi and Etebo can inter change, Shehu has no pace( i saw what Croatia were doing in the first 10 mins , they couldn't penetrate our middle( yes we did have a very strong middle) all they did was attack the RB, lob it to the wings and Shehu was AWOL, later on Moses switched to the RM to help him out, we couldn't pull the Croatians out of their D. Have you seen what Iceland did to Argentina with all their fire power? Meta i see no changes at all.. all our friendlies felt similar to the Croatian game
:agree: :thumb:
Exactly all our friendlies felt the same. Completely lost confidence in the coach after our game against England.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Our recent world cup pedigree is nothing to write home about, let Nigeria go out with pride, that i can accept, play your hearts out
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Wow!! I've never thought about it this way, but BP is absolutely right. That is a shocking record. One win?! Ghana had more wins in a single world cup that we have had in 4!!! Maybe Rohr is right after all, we are not that good and should be happy to learn.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

Yea that is the concern. They have been in a funk the past 4-5 games, even in the Poland game they won. Well we are guaranteed 2 more games and anything can happen. We still have some quality players on our team, and looked a bit better in the second half after Musa and Iheanacho were introduced and Etebo decided to take matters in his own hands and drive forward. I hope Rohr has seen enough to understand that his ultra defensive structure isn't working.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we aren't that good in the past, however play like you want to, all these no pressing running big man football dem play vs Croatia, no be am at all. That performance was a digrace. Why was Kele and Musa brought in so late? I don't care if we lose, but to lose that way was shocking , so far of all the African teams i have watched we were the worst as far as attacking . Even Saudi attacked better than us
SuperEagles

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

So why do we think we belong in this company? Irrespective of how we performed in the past, we should be looking to correct the mistakes, start with Iceland or go home, its that simple
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... certainly they don't care they lost the game and are NOT concerned about the coming games. They obviously don't know who we feel. No wonder "Saddam Hussein and his boys" FLOG athletes when they screw-up
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I have already checked out of Russia 2018 and this is the honest truth. I am hardly ever wrong when it comes to SE and results. However what i saw on Saturday was shocking . no clue on attacking football( Imagine the 2 forward players ,Ighalo( who can be classified as a hold up striker and that Mikel who has no sense on how to play as a CAM, Mikel has no business playing upfront for Nigeria. He was horrible and way below par ) these jokers play in china ..( china way no even qualify for worldcup) You people expect these players will deliver ..lmao

WCQs was a fluke , they got lucky . We parked the bus in all our WCQ games and played on the counter. That's why CRoatia stayed really deep and we became clueless, ICELAND will finally expose the clueless attacking football we clain to have, they will sit deeper, and pull us out, we are the ones chasing the game.... .

we have a rubbish manager who talks none stop. The only positives about this worldcup will be the experience those so called players would add to their resume. This is the 3rd straight worldcup defeat for the SE. one worldcup win( vs Bosnia ) in 20 years , prior to that was another 1-0 win vs Bulgaria, 20 years ago
so the results are the following
3-1 Paraguay
4-1 Denmark
1-0 Argentina
2-1 Sweden
0-0 England
1-0 Argentina
2-1 Greece
2-2 Korea
0-0 Iran
1-0 Bosnia
3-2 Argentina
2-0 France
2-0 Croatia( one win in 13 worldcup matches and you people are still shouting we go qualify)

Nigerian fans are loud, and the truth is we only do well in youth football

Now back to AFCON
we are 3rd in the group, we already lost at home to SA :lol: not to talk of missing the last 2 AFCONs

What that peakmilk did to yall was to play yall , claim they've paid the players and then get a jersey to distract yall, not to talk of those useless overpaid SE players spamming IG as well as that irritating dance they call Shaku shaku

Every worldcup we go there shouting youngest team, and then the next worldcup we claim re-building .. haven't yall seen the pattern? NFF do not care about results etc , it's all about the dollars and cents. open una eyes( i am so mad i bought the jersey)

If we don't watch out we are going to miss the 24 teams AFCON and that go be massive F9

That Iceland will finally open yalls eyes
Damn! I wanted to ATTACK you - Bigpokey24 - the mumuboy, but I couldn't get myself to do so because you are VERY CORRECT. Very, very correct I must clap for you on this one :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigeria's Odion Ighalo had the first shot on target in this match in the 59th minute - the longest wait for a first attempt on target in a World Cup match so far this tournament.
Nigeria became the first team in World Cup history to concede two consecutive own goals in the competition, with their last goal shipped in 2014, against France in the last 16, also coming in this manner.
Nigeria have lost each of their past seven World Cup games when conceding the first goal.
Nigeria have lost their past three World Cup games, their longest run since a run of four between 1998 and 2002.
SuperEagles