Iheanacho Snatch Ighalo’s No. 9 Role As Rohr Step Up Tactics

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Iheanacho Snatch Ighalo’s No. 9 Role As Rohr Step Up Tactics

Post by Synopsis »

Barring any last minute change of mind coach Gernot Rohr of the Super Eagles of Nigeria has concluded plans to drop Odion Ighalo from the starting line up for their next game against Iceland at the Russia 2018 World Cup.

Ighalo lasted 75 minutes in Nigeria’s opening game against Croatia which they lost 0-2 and the Chanchung Yatai forward struggled to make an impression and after the game faulted the system they played as the reason behind his poor performance.

However, sources close to Rohr revealed that the manager was satisfied with Kelechi Iheanacho performance in the few minutes he was on as he added pace and movements to the attack something that was missing when Ighalo was on.

Iheanacho also succeeded in dragging the back line of Croatia out of their position following his introduction and Rohr believes his movement could come handy against Icela‎nd, who are expected to sit deep.

During yesterday’s session emphasis was on the Leicester City forward with Rohr detailing what he is expecting of him, if he ends up starting in the team for the game on Friday against Iceland.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/06/19/ih ... eland-tie/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iheanacho Snatch Ighalo’s No. 9 Role As Rohr Step Up Tac

Post by maceo4 »

Mschew...I was getting excited till I saw owngoal...will wait for confirmation...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

maceo4 wrote:Mschew...I was getting excited till I saw owngoal...will wait for confirmation...
:lol:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:Mschew...I was getting excited till I saw owngoal...will wait for confirmation...
:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I would put iwobi in the middle and Etebo on the left if we play 4231 which I think we should. The constant movement and rotation will cause the ice men to move and leave openings.

Nacho

Etebo iwobi Moses

Ndidi Mikel
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I would put iwobi in the middle and Etebo on the left if we play 4231 which I think we should. The constant movement and rotation will cause the ice men to move and leave openings.

Nacho

Etebo iwobi Moses

Ndidi Mikel
Sure if you were coaching IFA XI
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ownfinggoal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

People are getting excited when one average player is swapped for another one. Same difference. Ighalo came back into the mix because Iheanacho and co failed against lowly South Africa.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The word 'SNATCH' is not a unifying adjective for a team.
That is enough to make the story useless, except of course to those not wishing the team well.
We continue to undermines ourselves, and wonder when things go wrong.
The negativity herein alone is enough to dampen spirits.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Orion wrote:People are getting excited when one average player is swapped for another one. Same difference. Ighalo came back into the mix because Iheanacho and co failed against lowly South Africa.

Ihenacho is still our best striker. I will rather play him and Simy instead of that bum that plays in China.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

:rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bret- hart wrote:
Orion wrote:People are getting excited when one average player is swapped for another one. Same difference. Ighalo came back into the mix because Iheanacho and co failed against lowly South Africa.

Ihenacho is still our best striker. I will rather play him and Simy instead of that bum that plays in China.
See Bret dog fart breath calling a man that can own him a million times over a bum. If he’s a bum then what da heck are you?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

And after the South Africa game Iheanacho scored in his next appearance as the number 9. He deserves another chance.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Owngoal has been credible in this world cup.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

How in tha hell is Nacho a striker?!! Is that like C-Ron type? Is that what they call a striker? Or like box striker like the Obafemi's/Rashidi's/Yakubu's type?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Synopsis wrote:
And after the South Africa game Iheanacho scored in his next appearance as the number 9. He deserves another chance.
Anything that will give us mobility is welcome. We CANNOT afford a draw
To stop trying is to start dying
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Shownoja wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Anything that will give us mobility is welcome. We CANNOT afford a draw
Mobility we need Musa....

He injected pace into the attack...
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

See Bret dog fart breath calling a man that can own him a million times over a bum. If he’s a bum then what da heck are you?

The only human being that can be owned is you because you are a slave in every sense of the word. But even a slave is still a billion times more useful than you. You are more worthless that the dump I took this morning. Imbecile.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Owngoal..
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Synopsis wrote:Owngoal has been credible in this world cup.
Wonder why there is an unjustified angst against Owngoal. They have bothered to send a reporter to Russia and he obviously witnesses our practices and duly reports on them. One would think we should be grateful for some on-the-spot information rather than idle speculation. This attitude of dismissing useful sources has cost us in the past. Anyway, I'll rather incline to the man on the spot than just shoot breeze and give more credence to some dude behind his computer somewhere in Lagos or Kafanchan.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Iceland game may actually suit Ighalo more as Iheanacho is likely to go missing in the barrage of Ice defenders.

In short it does matter the tactics, the players are just running around like headless chickens. Decision making and passes are poor. They require more than one touch to control the ball. Players can't make a pass because they are not even sure the person that is to receive the ball will run forward or stay.

The team is young and lacking experience in certain departments but will grow. :thumb:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kolinzo wrote:How in tha hell is Nacho a striker?!! Is that like C-Ron type? Is that what they call a striker? Or like box striker like the Obafemi's/Rashidi's/Yakubu's type?

He is a forward who puts the ball in the net? what kind of dumb question is this? See olodo
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Robotnik wrote:Iceland game may actually suit Ighalo more as Iheanacho is likely to go missing in the barrage of Ice defenders.

In short it does matter the tactics, the players are just running around like headless chickens. Decision making and passes are poor. They require more than one touch to control the ball. Players can't make a pass because they are not even sure the person that is to receive the ball will run forward or stay.

The team is young and lacking experience in certain departments but will grow. :thumb:
We will never out-muscle Iceland. What we need is mobility, positioning, and individual magic which Iheanacho can provide.