EBUEHI calm, creative, strong and commander

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EBUEHI calm, creative, strong and commander

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

Omeruo was the instigator that led to the penalty though Ebuehi should have reacted better. That said his coming in did a lot to improve the left midfield, Idowu needs to remain on the bench.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
adebisy
Egg
Egg

Post by adebisy »

vancity eagle wrote:That penalty was on Omeruo. Boneheaded pass in the area with that Iceland player lurking.mi fault Omeruo far mor than EBUEHI. He should have never been put under pressure Luke that.
I totally agree with you on this one. It was all Omeruo's fault. Ebu wasn't expecting he would pass and sudden saw the Iceland payer rushing for the ball and went into a panic/survival mode and thus reacted to save Omeruo careless mistake. Omeruo was very unprofessional there, though he had a very good game overall.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

adebisy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:That penalty was on Omeruo. Boneheaded pass in the area with that Iceland player lurking.mi fault Omeruo far mor than EBUEHI. He should have never been put under pressure Luke that.
I totally agree with you on this one. It was all Omeruo's fault. Ebu wasn't expecting he would pass and sudden saw the Iceland payer rushing for the ball and went into a panic/survival mode and thus reacted to save Omeruo careless mistake. Omeruo was very unprofessional there, though he had a very good game overall.
He panicked why exactly? Its not like the player was going towards our goal he was about to take the ball out of the box, so allow him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ebuehi was trying to play the ball not the man, not sure how that was called a penalty. the Islander did not even have control of the ball...
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ANC wrote:Ebuehi was trying to play the ball not the man, not sure how that was called a penalty. the Islander did not even have control of the ball...
Go and make an appointment with your optician.......your really need new ones :D
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

besides the mistake which was down to lack of communication with Omeruo, he had a solid all round game. I never knew he had the versatility in him to fit in just fine at the LWB position, definitely a blessing for Nigeria.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Let's leave out the penalty, Ebuehi in the 45mins he played yesterday gave more than Idowu has done in the tournament so far. His introduction gave us with on the left and pushed the Icelanders back. He was showing for the ball all the time, and when he got it, was composed enough to make a positive pass. He contributed in no small measure to stretching out Iceland.

Btw, I also rewatched the game yesterday, and I must say I don't understand when some people (and even the players) were saying the first half didn't go to plan. What? The foundation was laid in that first half. We moved the ball so quickly from left to right, we made Iceland leg weary in that first half. Aside the first 5 mins, mins 20-22 and 44-47, we totally bossed that first half. The Icelandic players were already gasping at half time. Totally dominant first half, compounded by the fact Iceland felt they had to come out and attack us ealry in the second and we totally then flogged them for having the audacity.

Great game mehn. Great game.
To stop trying is to start dying
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Shownoja wrote:Let's leave out the penalty, Ebuehi in the 45mins he played yesterday gave more than Idowu has done in the tournament so far. His introduction gave us with on the left and pushed the Icelanders back. He was showing for the ball all the time, and when he got it, was composed enough to make a positive pass. He contributed in no small measure to stretching out Iceland.

Btw, I also rewatched the game yesterday, and I must say I don't understand when some people (and even the players) were saying the first half didn't go to plan. What? The foundation was laid in that first half. We moved the ball so quickly from left to right, we made Iceland leg weary in that first half. Aside the first 5 mins, mins 20-22 and 44-47, we totally bossed that first half. The Icelandic players were already gasping at half time. Totally dominant first half, compounded by the fact Iceland felt they had to come out and attack us ealry in the second and we totally then flogged them for having the audacity.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Shownoja wrote:Let's leave out the penalty, Ebuehi in the 45mins he played yesterday gave more than Idowu has done in the tournament so far. His introduction gave us with on the left and pushed the Icelanders back. He was showing for the ball all the time, and when he got it, was composed enough to make a positive pass. He contributed in no small measure to stretching out Iceland.

Shownoja, God Bless you :thumbs: :agree: I was just wondering when I was reading all kinds of nonsense typings here.... the truth is that the players did that job.... they played well, very composed in the 1st half, they took their time patiently knowing too that their strength lies in the 2nd Half when Iceland will want to come out... and their game plan worked greatly. The coach listened to all advises and decided to change the formation.... dropping Ighalo and introducing Musa and Ihenacho, which also mean Iwobo has to stay on the bench.

Rohr beat everybody here with his starting 11, i never thought that Rohr will play all 3 central defence at once. The formation was confusing to Iceland as well. And Omeruo assist for the 2nd goal was sublime. credit to him to have spotted Musa far away. That was great coming from his left foot.

I have watched the highlight about 6 times and saw that Omeruo had all the chances to play that ball out into a throwing position but sent a very short pass to Ebuehi who was rather not expecting it, and like a surge the Island striker came in flying in front of Ebuehi was cut unaware and so reacted harshly though not intentionally wanting to foul the Iceland but well, it was PK at the end, Then I suddenly remember an OLD SONG and started shouting as if they can hear me "OVER THE BAR O! OVER THE BAR O!! OVER THE BAR O!!! only few persons from the view center echoed it with me and suddenly the old man gave us the gift as if he equally heard my voice all the way from Warri. God bless him. Like Jay Jay Okocha said, I think he deserve a gift from me.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Drogba and the other commentators clearly said the two defenders were at fault. The pass was short, but Ebuehi overreacted that the player was headed no were. Ebuehi is the future, will be in the Uk or Spain within the next two years.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

okidoki wrote:Drogba and the other commentators clearly said the two defenders were at fault. The pass was short, but Ebuehi overreacted that the player was headed no were. Ebuehi is the future, will be in the Uk or Spain within the next two years.

I cant find a clip to post online, but i'm not entirely sure that was intended to be a pass by Omeruo. If you look right before the pk incident, Omeruo looks like he overhit the ball as he was trying to run out of the box with the ball. If it was intended as a pass to ebuehi, Omeruo would not have continued chasing the ball in the manner he did, towards EBuehi but would have stayed where he was to give Ebuehi a passing option. Ebuehi was late with sticking his leg out to shield the ball
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ebuehi was unfortunate. He went for the ball. The Iceland defender drove in front of him. He accidentally hit the back of the leg of the Iceland player. He even tried to pull out of the tackle. That was not a penalty. Intent was not there. The Iceland player had no chance of scoring. The ref shouldn't have given it. That is the 2nd soft penalty they have given against Nigeria.

Nigeria is the only country that they have penalized with the Ekong style foul. That was also not a penalty at the world cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ebuehi was unfortunate. He went for the ball. The Iceland defender drove in front of him. He accidentally hit the back of the leg of the Iceland player. He even tried to pull out of the tackle. That was not a penalty. Intent was not there. The Iceland player had no chance of scoring. The ref shouldn't have given it. That is the 2nd soft penalty they have given against Nigeria.

Nigeria is the only country that they have penalized with the Ekong style foul. That was also not a penalty at the world cup.
That's why most of you folks are 'football-know-nothings'.................'IT's NOT A PENALTY 'COS THE INTENT WAS NOT THERE' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe what I read most times on CE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

On his knees thanking God for the penalty miss. :clap:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

zee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Ebuehi was unfortunate. He went for the ball. The Iceland defender drove in front of him. He accidentally hit the back of the leg of the Iceland player. He even tried to pull out of the tackle. That was not a penalty. Intent was not there. The Iceland player had no chance of scoring. The ref shouldn't have given it. That is the 2nd soft penalty they have given against Nigeria.

That's why most of you folks are 'football-know-nothings'.................'IT's NOT A PENALTY 'COS THE INTENT WAS NOT THERE' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is the world cup, you don't call everything. It was accidental contact.

Why is it only Nigeria they have penalized for holding an attacker in the box?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The kid is all that plus a bag of chips. You look at his overall impact on the match not an isolated incident. It is the same way you judge Etebo's unfortunate own goal against Croatia. Using him as a LWB worked effectively as he was able to bomb forward and cause Iceland all sort of problems with his runs and dribbling skills. I must confess prior to yesterday I never heard of him.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Benfica already moved in pre world cup. They know what they are doing.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Hopefully Uzoho can also get into a good team.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ANC wrote:Ebuehi was trying to play the ball not the man, not sure how that was called a penalty. the Islander did not even have control of the ball...
It was even a light tap. I agree that shouldn't have been called at a world cup.

Let the players play, referee shouldn't decide the game.

Should have been play on.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

zee wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

metalalloy wrote:
zee wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohenhen strikes again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

metalalloy wrote:If you look right before the pk incident, Omeruo looks like he overhit the ball as he was trying to run out of the box with the ball...
I think he was caught in two or three minds. Run, pass or hoof, and that is why the ball ran away from him.

The important thing here is that there has to be clear protocol for these situations that all players understand and follow.

Omeruo hasn't looked up (maybe no time). But then, he MUST CLEAR THE BALL and regroup for the throw in.

After he tries to take three different options at once, and the ball runs away from him, THAT BALL MUST BE PUT BEHIND FOR A CORNER.

SLIDE IN AND PUT IT OUT. DON'T GIVE THE FORWARD ANY OPTIONS.

YOU MAY THINK THAT HE IS GOING NOWHERE! THERE IS A HUGE DANGEROUS SPACE BEHIND HIM TO DO A BLIND BACK HEEL INTO.

SLIDE IN AND PUT THAT BALL OUT. THIS SHOULD BE PROTOCOL AFTER A BREAKDOWN IN THE PENALTY AREA.

IT IS HESITATION THAT LED TO MISTAKES BY BOTH PLAYERS.
Last edited by sinequanon on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

sinequanon wrote:
metalalloy wrote:If you look right before the pk incident, Omeruo looks like he overhit the ball as he was trying to run out of the box with the ball...
I think he was caught in two or three minds. Run, pass or hoof, and that is why the ball ran away from him.

The important thing here is that there has to be clear protocol for these situations that all players understand and follow.

Omeruo hasn't looked up (maybe no time). But then, he MUST CLEAR THE BALL and regroup for the throw in.

When he tries to take three different options at once, and the ball runs away from him, THAT BALL MUST BE PUT BEHIND FOR A CORNER.

SLIDE IN AND PUT IT OUT. DON'T GIVE THE FORWARD ANY OPTIONS.

YOU MAY THINK THAT HE IS GOING NOWHERE! THERE IS A HUGE DANGEROUS SPACE BEHIND HIM TO DO A BLIND BACK HEEL INTO.

SLIDE IN AND PUT THAT BALL OUT. THIS SHOULD BE PROTOCOL AFTER A BREAKDOWN IN THE PENALTY AREA.

IT IS HESITATION THAT LED TO MISTAKES BY BOTH PLAYERS.

I agree.