Argentinians are funny..Who do they think we are?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why are we being disrespected by Argentina fans

Post by zee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Why are we being disrespected by Argentina fans. Plus illiterates on tv called pundits... they said they've already qualified... I am getting very upset with such comments. .my goodness
That's why football is the greatest sport and the WC ..........the greatest spectacle.
It's once in 4 years and such punditry are part of what makes the WC special.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Because history often repeats itself, but when the book has been submerged in indelible ink, even history cannot read those lines its repeated times over. Argentina are so deep in the pot the fountain pen is furious. If they arrive, they do indeed and without doubt have the pedigree to clip the wings of the eagles, taking their talons and feathers, but if one is to flirt with that dastardly damsel probability, whats the chance of her punctual appearance? Nigeria play with the intensity of yesterday and its a twelve rounder. Argentina play akin to either of their two showings and its a twelve rounder purely because the ref hadn't noticed the prostrate body on the canvas at the end of the 7th.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

You cant fault them. They have beaten us in 4 times in a row at the WC. Imagine if we were to face Kenya and Kenyan fans would start complaining about us disrespecting them because we would expect to win.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I think Rohr should print these comments and let the players know what they are playing for. I don't think they need much motivation, revenging for the 4 unsuccessful Eagles WC teams is a start
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentinians are funny..Who do they think we are?

Post by jette1 »

same reasons we can't smell our own nyashes; if we did we wouldnt be saying pussssyy smells
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Why are we being disrespected by Argentina fans. Plus illiterates on tv called pundits... they said they've already qualified... I am getting very upset with such comments. .my goodness

The pundits should not bother anyone, they are paid for a reason, not to support African teams but Europeans and south americans alike, all Nigeria has to do is stick to its game plan and not offer argentina any lifeline, in any event that we play a draw and iceland beats croatia to send them through, i can live with that, just dont want argentina to go through
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

jette1 wrote:same reasons we can't smell our own nyashes; if we did we wouldnt be saying pussssyy smells
You are really a weirdo.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Why won't they be optimistic about their chances?

This is a game they actually need to be cautious the way they approach this game. They can't afford to play an open game with us.

It is a game we don't need any extra motivation. It is Argentina. We know their dirty tactics... we can decide to make the game a physical battle just like the Croatians did against them.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Must win game for Nigeria. It is time to beat those arrogant cheaters.

Got to play smart and fight for every single 50/50 ball. Must not give them any space. Maybe one or two hard tackles to set the tone.

We must attack their defense every chance we get.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

jette1 wrote:same reasons we can't smell our own nyashes; if we did we wouldnt be saying pussssyy smells
That is so classless.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Ekorian wrote:
You are really a weirdo.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ohsee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
You are really a weirdo.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Folks, we can win, but we have to be smart about it. The best form of defence is effective counterattacking. The Argies will plan to shackle Musa, but we also have Iheanacho, and he has to be calm and composed and mentally ready to take his chances. The Argies will be relentless, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

zee wrote:
nanijoe wrote:If you read their forums, they think they'll beat us for sure...all they are worried about is goal difference
They have a right to 'believe' that based on WC history.
... a history that is somewhat contrived. In 1994, the ref called Nigeria for 38 fouls vs 5 against Argentina. Even if we are only playing Tahiti, we’d lose every time... and it didn’t get much better in more recent World Cup encounters. However, this time around, we arguably have more talent than we’ve ever had before. The recent friendly loss to Nigeria should have served as a warning that it isn’t going to be business as usual :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I think the Argentines will have a plan for Musa, attack his space, dont let him run behind the defence, i think Ihenacho might be the perfect foil for Musa, the argentines might decide to injure Musa, you cant rule that out, i hope Rohr has a plan B, if only we had a speedy left wing back, give them so ething to think about
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

zee wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
You are really a weirdo.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: deserves a sticky
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sampaoli gone? nah players have just gone rogue
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

We should just relax and knock them out and end Messi football for Argentina forced him to retired.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't buy the news that their camp is in disarray. We have to be ready to play our best game.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ohsee wrote:Folks, we can win, but we have to be smart about it. The best form of defence is effective counterattacking. The Argies will plan to shackle Musa, but we also have Iheanacho, and he has to be calm and composed and mentally ready to take his chances. The Argies will be relentless, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
I don't think anyone think they won't be relentless.

But we Nigeria must also be relentless.

i

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

metalalloy wrote:Sampaoli gone? nah players have just gone rogue
Now this makes them more dangerous.
Anyway, no matter........it was always destined to be a very, very tough and hard match.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I understand from some tweets that Sampaoli is planning on fielding a team without Messi and Aguero as starters.

I am not buying it though.
Last edited by cchinukw on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I dont like this news of them breaking with their coach , I want the energy bunny to be on the line barking meaningless instructions that confuses the team.

Teams often become very dangerous when the camp rallies itself together against the coach or management. Suddenly the ones who have been rubbish discover they are good. No I don't want this manner of disarray. It is not good.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho