wAyo Akinfe, come in here.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
wAyo Akinfe, come in here.

Post by theYemster »

I've listened to you for months going on about how Ighalo is the shhiit. I'd like to know by which standard because for years you dissed Yakubu Aiyegbeni as a crappy striker not worthy of the white and green. Sorry but the Yak is miles superior to Ighalo. Yak has missed his fair share of goals I admit, case in point against South Korea in 2010 but my lord, Ighalo needs the goalie to take a coffee break for him to score.

I say this with all gratitude to him for services rendered but if I'm coach of the SE, I will never ever ever invite him again. Iwobi is way more clinical. Heck I would've brought on Nwankwo instead of Ighalo, his hold up play is just as good and though I haven't seen much of his game, surely he cant be worse clinically than the dross Ighalo served us.

Argentina deserved their victory but it was a very winnable game for Nigeria. Ighalo scores on of those chances and Argentina would've been toast. Even Mikel was cheesed off at him for missing that chance despite the penalty appeal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: wAyo Akinfe, come in here.

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am still in shock at that miss. I was easier to score then screw It wide.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am still in shock at that miss. I was easier to score then screw It wide.
Target man, bah? :lol: .... I dey laugh becos i no fit cry. :mrgreen:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ighalo is junk. He should buy his own ticket to China.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am still in shock at that miss. I was easier to score then screw It wide.
I am shocked that you are shocked. Can't get over it. :scared:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

How that ball went from goal mouth to throw in requires all manner of inquest.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oloye wrote:How that ball went from goal mouth to throw in requires all manner of inquest.
Musa for all the abuse he gets would've buried that. It's the frickin world cup for chrissakes. I was already out of my chair screaming goal when I saw the ball head towards the corner flag. In fact I thought his shot was deflected but alas he skied it.

When FIFA starts mandating goalies to completely vacate the goal and allow strikers score then we can recall him.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

theYemster wrote:
oloye wrote:How that ball went from goal mouth to throw in requires all manner of inquest.
Musa for all the abuse he gets would've buried that. It's the frickin world cup for chrissakes. I was already out of my chair screaming goal when I saw the ball head towards the corner flag. In fact I thought his shot was deflected but alas he skied it.

When FIFA starts mandating goalies to completely vacate the goal and allow strikers score then we can recall him.
Nor be only you, me and my sons were jumping up....in fact I thought it was Dojo's arm that deflected the ball away from goal. I mean from that distance how can the ball not go towards the goal...how can the ball go so far away from the goal. Anyone in that team even Uzoho would have kicked that ball towards the goal. I understand if the keeper saved it.....the ball went several miles away from the target
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Well you better snap out of it. I do not ever want to see you mention his name in any lineup ever again.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Nor be only you, me and my sons were jumping up....in fact I thought it was Dojo's arm that deflected the ball away from goal. I mean from that distance how can the ball not go towards the goal...how can the ball go so far away from the goal. Anyone in that team even Uzoho would have kicked that ball towards the goal. I understand if the keeper saved it.....the ball went several miles away from the target
Lack of skill aside the guy doesn't have the composure to be a top striker. The second chance he fluffed was fun the same angle as Musa's second goal against Iceland but much easier. I don't even know what he was trying to attempt there. Looked like a back pass to me.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
Target man, bah? :lol: .... I dey laugh becos i no fit cry. :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: na so we see am o! they said hold up play was better than scoring o ma se o
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I don't think Ayo takes himself seriously on some of these football matters. Writing practice for him, maybe.
So I wonder why you should?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

theYemster wrote:
Well you better snap out of it. I do not ever want to see you mention his name in any lineup ever again.
I must admit he has effectively ended his international career with that match. Apart from this misses, he did not seem right in the head yesterday. Constantly arguing with the referee, causing commotion with the penalty before Moses took it, diving all over the place, etc.

He looked like he would pick up a red card. Top marks to Mikel for pushing him aside after the Rojo handball.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
theYemster wrote:
I must admit he has effectively ended his international career with that match. Apart from this misses, he did not seem right in the head yesterday. Constantly arguing with the referee, causing commotion with the penalty before Moses took it, diving all over the place, etc.

He looked like he would pick up a red card. Top marks to Mikel for pushing him aside after the Rojo handball.

would you go and get drunk, then come back and tell us how he's better than Mandzukic?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Rehashing the game...Ighalo's major mistake (and one he will probably never live down) is screwing that volley wide. Apart from that he had good moments. He forced a save from the Argentine keeper by wriggling away from his defenders (something Kelechi could not do). And he showed good awareness with a dummy that freed Ndidi for a rasping drive. If the ref had protected him better he would have won several freekicks as well.

Along with Musa, he was responsible for all our good moments in the second half. However, that miss was dire. All I will say is that life is tough, if he had scored he could have easily been our best player on the night.

I don't know if it's too late for him to polish off his finishing, however his hold up play and team play is far superior to Iheanachos.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

airwolex wrote:Rehashing the game...Ighalo's major mistake (and one he will probably never live down) is screwing that volley wide. Apart from that he had good moments. He forced a save from the Argentine keeper by wriggling away from his defenders (something Kelechi could not do). And he showed good awareness with a dummy that freed Ndidi for a rasping drive. If the ref had protected him better he would have won several freekicks as well.

Along with Musa, he was responsible for all our good moments in the second half. However, that miss was dire. All I will say is that life is tough, if he had scored he could have easily been our best player on the night.

I don't know if it's too late for him to polish off his finishing, however his hold up play and team play is far superior to Iheanachos.
I understand his good qualities that wAyo for long has been trying to sell to us but at the end of the day a striker is judged by how prolific he is. You don't miss chances like that with world cup progression on the line.

Thank God Moses took the penalty instead of him. Personally I wanted Musa or Ndidi though.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I don tire for Ayo matter. When a man thinks he knows more than everybody else then.....
We keep saying it, just look at Ighalo's stat. In his career, he's only had one decent scoring season at Watford then he reverted to type.

You're going into a competition where you're playing 3 crucial games and we put in a striker that sometimes go 10 games without a goal. Argentina came with 3 strikers that score st least a goal every other game. Croatia came with strikers that can score more regularly than ours.

If we are being honest, we got what we deserved.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

pajimoh wrote:I don tire for Ayo matter. When a man thinks he knows more than everybody else then.....
We keep saying it, just look at Ighalo's stat. In his career, he's only had one decent scoring season at Watford then he reverted to type.

You're going into a competition where you're playing 3 crucial games and we put in a striker that sometimes go 10 games without a goal. Argentina came with 3 strikers that score st least a goal every other game. Croatia came with strikers that can score more regularly than ours.

If we are being honest, we got what we deserved.
To be fair we didn't really have any 20 goal scorer to select. Since Yekini we've had a dearth of quality strikers.

It is time the FA starts working with the following players with an eye towards 2022. Osimhen, Awoniyi, Umar, Kayode, Onyekuru to help expedite and enhance their technical progression. If possible organize coaching clinics for them to help them become more clinical. I don't know how but they need to figure something out. We can't just sit idle, twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best when 2022 arrives. At the very least one of those aforementioned players must come good for us.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Igalo was still our best target man going into the World Cup. He could have silenced all his critics last night had he scored that chance. Anyway going forward, we need younger and top class players who can hit world class. Let us see what becomes of Simeon Nwankwo.

A front three of Nwankwo, Onyekuru and maybe Iheanacho might be it for 2022. Nwakali, Etebo and Ndidi should be able to hold midfield. Our biggest challenge now is finding a world class left back ala Babayaro.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Igalo was still our best target man going into the World Cup. He could have silenced all his critics last night had he scored that chance. Anyway going forward, we need younger and top class players who can hit world class. Let us see what becomes of Simeon Nwankwo.

A front three of Nwankwo, Onyekuru and maybe Iheanacho might be it for 2022. Nwakali, Etebo and Ndidi should be able to hold midfield. Our biggest challenge now is finding a world class left back ala Babayaro.
At the end of the day I feel bad that my long held assessment came badly true. Had maintained for near 2 years that Onazi and Ighalo were poor and living on past glory. We were fortunate England exposed Onazi early enough. The fault though does not lie with any of these players; they are what they are. Our coach is a good man and has introduced discipline and organization, but he was never really not technically up to it. Now we know.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Sheikh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Igalo was still our best target man going into the World Cup. He could have silenced all his critics last night had he scored that chance. Anyway going forward, we need younger and top class players who can hit world class. Let us see what becomes of Simeon Nwankwo.

At the end of the day I feel bad that my long held assessment came badly true. Had maintained for near 2 years that Onazi and Ighalo were poor and living on past glory. We were fortunate England exposed Onazi early enough. The fault though does not lie with any of these players; they are what they are. Our coach is a good man and has introduced discipline and organization, but he was never really not technically up to it. Now we know.

Correction: Meant to say" … but he was never really technically up to it." He did not have the ability or depth to differentiate between the technical abilities of players even if it stared at him in the face.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Sack him now for a local coach and see if you will qualify for the next World cup