ROHR GUARANTEED A WIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR GUARANTEED A WIN

Post by jette1 »

i dont know if everyone missed this; at the pregame conference. he was emphatic about it too
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR GUARANTEED A WIN

Post by fabio »

jette1 wrote:i dont know if everyone missed this; at the pregame conference. he was emphatic about it too
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He gave us a win.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Rohr is the least person that deserves blame we simply lost to a better team with the assistance of referee. I didn’t see what else rohr could had done
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

john12 wrote:Rohr is the least person that deserves blame we simply lost to a better team with the assistance of referee. I didn’t see what else rohr could had done
He could have made the right subs at 1-1 for starters
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I woke up this morning hoping I will be reading the man has been exposed by the FBI for selling out the match. He found a winnng formula in the second half against Iceland yet reverted back to the players in the first half against Iceland that could have been down 3-0 if Iceland was more clinical. Tufiakwa!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

My brother be honest, who could he had subbed??
Mikel, ndidi, etebo, Idowu, Omeruo, balogun, Moses, ekong we’d all having solid games. Etebo is a workholic and iwobi is very lazy tracking back
Ndidi and Mikel was unchangeable.

The only player he could had subbed was IGHALO or MUSA but they were our best offensive threats
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:My brother be honest, who could he had subbed??
Mikel, ndidi, etebo, Idowu, Omeruo, balogun, Moses, ekong we’d all having solid games. Etebo is a workholic and iwobi is very lazy tracking back

The only player he could had subbed was IGHALO or MUSA but they were our best offensive threats
He could have subbed a striker for either a defensive midfielder or and extra defender. Stop acting like this isn't done all the time by other coaches trying to hold a score.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

john12 wrote:My brother be honest, who could he had subbed??

Idowu was short one regardless of what people here are saying, you see how the position should be played with Ebuehi in the second half against Iceland. Ebuehi for Idowu would have transformed the game. I am not even mad he removed Kele but Ighalo? Bring on Ogu and that game gets won or Iwobi that showed them pepper only a few months ago. The man does not trust what his eye are seeing so is all over the place is player selection and substitution.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Idowu wasn’t short 1 defensively stop lying. Infact, him and ndidi rendered Messi quiet the entire game and you have an argument saying a striker could had been subbed so which one should had been subbed?? Musa or ighalo? Also, the same people that are requesting that a striker should had been subbed will be the same one’s complaining that rohr is too anti defensive
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The more I read John12 comments. The more convinced I am that we need to sack Rohr. The guy failed. How much is Nigeria paying him?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The guy didn’t fail Stop. The more I remember where we were two years ago and how much improvement this guy has done on the team makes me don’t want to go back. Sack him now and see maybe you go qualify for the next World cup
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:The guy didn’t fail Stop. The more I remember where we were two years ago and how much improvement this guy has done on the team makes me don’t want to go back. Sack him now and see maybe you go qualify for the next World cup
How about where we were 4 years ago? Why didn't that coach get the same support as this guy who failed to get out of the group stage?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes he did, I wanted him to continue and he continued until he FAILED to QUALIFY us for the next ANC
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Sack rohr now and just be ready for many Crooked call ups
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:The more I read John12 comments. The more convinced I am that we need to sack Rohr. The guy failed. How much is Nigeria paying him?
I agreed! The coach failed us. I personally can say Argentina channeled its attacks through our left (Idowu's) side over 15 times. They did so because that was the route they were having success. Besides, we defended too deep (in our area) and were under attack most of the time. I thought we will attack Argentina - equally - to give them something to worry about.

To me, the coach lost the game for us and my WORLD CUP is over now.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How did the coach lose the game for us?? I’m just confused. Was it his fault that ighalo missed two sitters or that referee was biased towards Argentina. In addition to it, the opponents on the right side was LIONEL MESSI not one crappy player. Anyway, like I said this is the best coach SE has had since 1994 and you sack him just be ready for what’s coming next
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

jette1 wrote:i dont know if everyone missed this; at the pregame conference. he was emphatic about it too
This was pre-Iceland game, and what he said was "I assure you that we shall not lose" not I guarantee a win. Right after Iceland, he was sounding confident about Arg. Then in the pre-Arg press conf, the excuses and opposition shrining crept back in with his saying Arg had one extra day of recovery than his team etc. These doubts also rubbed off on the players. The looks on their faces in the tunnel right before filing out revealed a tense, not so confident bunch. At that point, I removed my money from Nigeria's win.