Idrissa Gueye- Corner Kick

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

F360
Egg
Egg
Idrissa Gueye- Corner Kick

Post by F360 »

Abeg someone explain to me what kind of saboteur this one is? I mean I know Ighala was a saboteur in front of goal for Nigeria but at least we knew what he was. Rohr is to blame for playing him.

This one though... I don't care how much he ran in the match or how he defended in midfied.... YOU CANNOT DO THIS ON A CORNER KICK as your teammates are fighting to keep out a goal and you just stand there looking while the ball goes in next to you. I mean whaddafuck mehn!

I'm so disgusted just watching that :curse:

--------------------------------------------
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Idrissa Gueye- Corner Kick

Post by vancity eagle »

That goalie is also a clown and Cisse a bigger clown for starting a goalkeeper based in GUINEA , when you have one who starts in Series A and a Ligue1 keeper on the bench. This goalie cost them 2 goals.

What clown of a coach will do this at a worldcup.
UpEagles
Egg
Egg

Post by UpEagles »

Meanwhile...

There were 3 hands reaching for that ball!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

There really isn't much he could have done to prevent the goal, but that said you still TRY! I don't get it how do you just stay rooted to the post without even giving any effort. Was a very odd sight to see..
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
What was that by Gana?

Post by bamenda boy »

Was it just me or dude just stood and watched as Columbia scored?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg
Re: What was that by Gana?

Post by Metho scorpion »

bamenda boy wrote:Was it just me or dude just stood and watched as Columbia scored?
...what is it with your "what was that by Gana..."?
...why not post picture for all to see your what was that by Gana...
...goat mind is goat thinking... :lol: :lol: :lol:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:That goalie is also a clown and Cisse a bigger clown for starting a goalkeeper based in GUINEA , when you have one who starts in Series A and a Ligue1 keeper on the bench. This goalie cost them 2 goals.

What clown of a coach will do this at a worldcup.
This again :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kolomental
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

@Vamshika...

What about @Shoshana while we are pulling up idiotic clips? :oops: :oops:

The speed of the header meant it went past him b/4 he could react.

And if @Vamshika were not this stupid, just like the thread starter, they would actually have noticed that Kouyate, who was marking Mina, allowed him to make that run, thus generating the leap and the power...

Stupid people making stupidier posts!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...he was not ready to react because he was tired, brain fatigued, or dreaming some la la land episode. From the time the kick was taken to the opposition heading the ball, and then into the net, he had his hand on his waste signifying 'I am not ready for this'. What do we teach kids from time of peewee football, always be alert, and here on the biggest stage this guy went to sleep.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

txj wrote:@Vamshika...

And if @Vamshika were not this stupid, just like the thread starter, they would actually have noticed that Kouyate, who was marking Mina, allowed him to make that run, thus generating the leap and the power...

Are you really this daft or you're putting in effort to appear so?

Did you actually ever play the sport? Of course the speed of the header meant it went past him b/4 he could react BECAUSE HE WAS NEVER READY FOR IT! Geeze. Hands on hips, resting on the post rather than being alert for the corner kick and then resting afterwards.

You do know that players OFTEN lose their mark on corner kicks right? That's not some new revelation or amazing development as you mention Kouyate. WE KNOW THIS. What we almost never see is a player defending the post as the last line of defense to help the goalkeeper, act so unalert and nonchalant before and as a corner kick is taken.

I didn't think that was so difficult to comprehend or you needed me to hold your hand and explain it to you like one would to a toddle. Go have a seat bro.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

F360 wrote:

Did you actually ever play the sport? Of course the speed of the header meant it went past him b/4 he could react BECAUSE HE WAS NEVER READY FOR IT! Geeze. Hands on hips, resting on the post rather than being alert for the corner kick and then resting afterwards.

You do know that players OFTEN lose their mark on corner kicks right? That's not some new revelation or amazing development as you mention Kouyate. WE KNOW THIS. What we almost never see is a player defending the post as the last line of defense to help the goalkeeper, act so unalert and nonchalant before and as a corner kick is taken.

I didn't think that was so difficult to comprehend or you needed me to hold your hand and explain it to you like one would to a toddle. Go have a seat bro.

You are even more stupid than I ever thought possible!!!

Once you allow the opponent generate that kind of run up and thus power on a free header, its almost impossible for a player on the line to react quickly in real time. That's why you see keepers only able to react when the ball is well past the goal line; or some players reflexively use their hands...

And that's why you'll probably never hear any serious analyst dwell on Gueye, rather than Kouyate..

Its left for the likes of @Vamshika and @shoshana_big_stupid_butt and their stupid followers on twitter :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Metho scorpion wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:Was it just me or dude just stood and watched as Columbia scored?
...what is it with your "what was that by Gana..."?
...why not post picture for all to see your what was that by Gana...
...goat mind is goat thinking... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Metho
dem dey look for you for Aro
how una fit escape?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Last edited by green4life on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

txj wrote:
F360 wrote:

Once you allow the opponent generate that kind of run up and thus power on a free header, its almost impossible for a player on the line to react quickly in real time. That's why you see keepers only able to react when the ball is well past the goal line; or some players reflexively use their hands...

And that's why you'll probably never hear any serious analyst dwell on Gueye, rather than Kouyate..

Its left for the likes of @Vamshika and @shoshana_big_stupid_butt and their stupid followers on twitter :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So once again you need your hand held in order to walk you through the main point . Bless your heart, comprehension isn't easy for everyone.

The issue isn't that he let the ball go in. The issue is that he was relaxing on the line before the corner kick and during the corner kick as opposed to actually standing straight and alert to be aware of what was going on...rather than leaning on the post with hands on hips.

No one said Kouyate wasn't at fault...but that happens frequently. What Gueye did happens infrequently and is pretty egregious.
Hope I helped you understand. If you still don't get it then don't bother responding cos I don't have the patience to continue to educate and help an adult comprehend the issue.
If you feel the need to still argue ignorantly and incoherently then please feel free to do so with the nearest transformer.

Cheers!

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

F360 wrote:

Lol. This picture is classic. That's the one I had in mind :rotf:

See as he just dey pose while hugging the post like say na one sweet babe :lol:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:There really isn't much he could have done to prevent the goal, but that said you still TRY! I don't get it how do you just stay rooted to the post without even giving any effort. Was a very odd sight to see..
He for done take one for the team Suarez style :taunt:
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Already a thread on it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289842

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

F360 wrote:Already a thread on it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289842
Just saw it. Mods need to merge.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

green4life wrote:
F360 wrote:

Lol. This picture is classic. That's the one I had in mind :rotf:

See as he just dey pose while hugging the post like say na one sweet babe :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

mcal wrote:...he was not ready to react because he was tired, brain fatigued, or dreaming some la la land episode. From the time the kick was taken to the opposition heading the ball, and then into the net, he had his hand on his waste signifying 'I am not ready for this'. What do we teach kids from time of peewee football, always be alert, and here on the biggest stage this guy went to sleep.
Regardless of the speed of the ball, defending a corner by leaning against the post with your hand on your hip does not show readiness to defend.

Yes, the corner should not have been conceded, the scorer should not have been allowed to make a free header, and the keeper should of course have saved the header. But the video clearly shows that this defender was on a different timetable. He was not prepared to defend.
-Simpli fy -
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

F360 wrote:
txj wrote:
F360 wrote:

So once again you need your hand held in order to walk you through the main point . Bless your heart, comprehension isn't easy for everyone.

The issue isn't that he let the ball go in. The issue is that he was relaxing on the line before the corner kick and during the corner kick as opposed to actually standing straight and alert to be aware of what was going on...rather than leaning on the post with hands on hips.

No one said Kouyate wasn't at fault...but that happens frequently. What Gueye did happens infrequently and is pretty egregious.
Hope I helped you understand. If you still don't get it then don't bother responding cos I don't have the patience to continue to educate and help an adult comprehend the issue.
If you feel the need to still argue ignorantly and incoherently then please feel free to do so with the nearest transformer.

Cheers!
"What Gueye did" is hardly relevant in terms of root causes. It's a simple minded explanation for simple minded folks, which is why its on @Vamshika not @bbc for instance...

Whether he's striking a pose or scratching his butt does not change the fact that if u let an opponent a free run in your box on a CK, you give him so much advantage that what u do on the goalline is almost irrelevant...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i can understand were Idrissa is coming from , such has happened to me when i dreami am playing football, everytime in my dream everythign is so slow, I can't even kick the ball... it's like being stuck in mud and slow to reactions. YOu cannot blame him
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved