Battle for 2022 starts as Liverpool seek to sign Simon Moses

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Battle for 2022 starts as Liverpool seek to sign Simon Moses

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Liverpool offer Gent €13m in addition to Taiwo Awoniyi in bid to secure Simon Moses' services - See more at: https://goo.gl/6NkkeR

So the building for 2022 starts from here. Over the next four years, the goal has got to be to produce five or six world class players who can genuinely compete for the biggest prize.

I want to see the following playing at the highest level for clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea:

Francis Uzoho
Tyronne Ebuehi
William Ekong
Chigozie Awaziem
Wilfred Ndidi
Simeon Nwankwo
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Battle for 2022 starts as Liverpool seek to sign Simon M

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ebuehi is at Benfica....perfect fit...you don't want to go to big club and be seating on the bench ...I like mid table clubs.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Liverpool offer Gent €13m in addition to Taiwo Awoniyi in bid to secure Simon Moses' services - See more at: https://goo.gl/6NkkeR

So the building for 2022 starts from here. Over the next four years, the goal has got to be to produce five or six world class players who can genuinely compete for the biggest prize.

I want to see the following playing at the highest level for clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea:

Francis Uzoho
Tyronne Ebuehi
William Ekong
Chigozie Awaziem
Wilfred Ndidi
Simeon Nwankwo
I totally agree with you on the need for our players to move to bigger teams. I hope Moses Simon's transfer to Liverpool works out, also Porto are interested in taking Kelechi Nwakili on loan. These are the sort of transfers that our players should be making. We need them joining teams that compete at the highest level and they can then add value to the SE..
Instead of focussing on sacking Rohr, we need our players getting more experience at the top levels.
Westerhoff had 2 CANs in 92 and 94 to prepare for the WC, while Rohr's first tournament was the WC. We had 17 players out of 23 going to their first senior competition and 3 (Simi, Uzoho and Ebuehi), making their competitive debuts. With stability, more experience, the SE will be better prepared for 2022. IMO, we already have the best team in Africa. No team is as defensively organized like Nigeria in Africa and it took world class efforts by Argentina to breach it.
The likes of Onyekuru, Bazee, Success, Nwakili, Amuzie, Kalu, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq, Aina, Nura, Alampasu, Chukwueze, Agu etc should add more firepower to the SE as they gain relevant experience.
Our players should target teams like Lyon, Monaco,Marseille, RB Leipzig, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Ajax, PSV, Monchengladbach etc. Teams that give young players opportunities to play at a high level.
Despite the disappointment of our WC ouster, the future is bright.
I am happy
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Liverpool offer Gent €13m in addition to Taiwo Awoniyi in bid to secure Simon Moses' services - See more at: https://goo.gl/6NkkeR

Francis Uzoho
Tyronne Ebuehi
William Ekong
Chigozie Awaziem
Wilfred Ndidi
Simeon Nwankwo
I totally agree with you on the need for our players to move to bigger teams. I hope Moses Simon's transfer to Liverpool works out, also Porto are interested in taking Kelechi Nwakili on loan. These are the sort of transfers that our players should be making. We need them joining teams that compete at the highest level and they can then add value to the SE..
Instead of focussing on sacking Rohr, we need our players getting more experience at the top levels.
Westerhoff had 2 CANs in 92 and 94 to prepare for the WC, while Rohr's first tournament was the WC. We had 17 players out of 23 going to their first senior competition and 3 (Simi, Uzoho and Ebuehi), making their competitive debuts. With stability, more experience, the SE will be better prepared for 2022. IMO, we already have the best team in Africa. No team is as defensively organized like Nigeria in Africa and it took world class efforts by Argentina to breach it.
The likes of Onyekuru, Bazee, Success, Nwakili, Amuzie, Kalu, Orji Okonkwo, Sadiq, Aina, Nura, Alampasu, Chukwueze, Agu etc should add more firepower to the SE as they gain relevant experience.
Our players should target teams like Lyon, Monaco,Marseille, RB Leipzig, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Ajax, PSV, Monchengladbach etc. Teams that give young players opportunities to play at a high level.

Invariable if we dire leave these bright looking hopefuls under the auspices of this feckless gutless and incompetent coach the future will soon turn bleak for us again. The guy is hopelessly clueless. He is only fit to coach Sunday Sunday soccer . Did you see how moronic he was looking when Argentina was incessantly inundated SE with waves of attacks . The fool could not even raise finger to slow down the attacks. He was hoping against hope miracle of divine dimension to occur and slow down the ferocious attacks from Argentines .
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bully12 wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Francis Uzoho
Tyronne Ebuehi
William Ekong
Chigozie Awaziem
Wilfred Ndidi
Simeon Nwankwo

Invariable if we dire leave these bright looking hopefuls under the auspices of this feckless gutless and incompetent coach the future will soon turn bleak for us again. The guy is hopelessly clueless. He is only fit to coach Sunday Sunday soccer . Did you see how moronic he was looking when Argentina was incessantly inundated SE with waves of attacks . The fool could not even raise finger to slow down the attacks. He was hoping against hope miracle of divine dimension to occur and slow down the ferocious attacks from Argentines .
This same coach took the team from 2 failed AFCON qualifiers to a WC and even he said the WC as come to soon as his team is not the finished product. A solid team is built from the back and even at WC level, his good work was obvious. The team doesn't have a clinical finisher and he has to look for one. It's a work in progress.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Ebuehi is at Benfica....perfect fit...you don't want to go to big club and be seating on the bench ...I like mid table clubs.

As a stepping stone yes but ultimately, we need our players performing at the highest level. If they want to be the best, they mist compete with the best and prove it:

Taribo - Inter Milan
Kanu - Inter Milan
Okocha - PSG
Oliseh - Juventus
Finidi - Ajax
Amuneke - Barcelona

We need our players operating at this level. World class players never spend more than two seasons at mid level clubs.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Can understand Rohr thinking about big club players, they are used to the big stage, have the temparament to succeed and compete at the highest levels, when you get the likes of Messi scoring that type of goal week in week out, Modric, Perisic, you gain some invaluable experience playing in world cup, one can no longer dispute this, once upon a time, Nigeria used to rely on individual talent to take us far, the likes of Okocha never got fazed playing among other world class players, he was that confident, same applied to the likes of kanu, finidi, we dont have such players anymore
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Ebuehi is at Benfica....perfect fit...you don't want to go to big club and be seating on the bench ...I like mid table clubs.

As a stepping stone yes but ultimately, we need our players performing at the highest level. If they want to be the best, they mist compete with the best and prove it:

Taribo - Inter Milan
Kanu - Inter Milan
Okocha - PSG
Oliseh - Juventus
Finidi - Ajax
Amuneke - Barcelona

We need our players operating at this level.
World class players never spend more than two seasons at mid level clubs.
Precisely.
It does something for the self-belief and overall mentality of the players. Anyone that has played the game will recognize the power of one's mindset and how you can have a below par game just because your mind isn't right.
If you play with elite players day in day out and against elite players every week, or you have 'been there, done that and worn the T-shirt', you are not easily fazed. You play your game, no shakin'.
That was the difference between Mikel and Musa and the Ekongs, Etebos and Uzohos of our team.
They didn't play badly at all, but are now even better players than they were two weeks ago.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marko wrote:Can understand Rohr thinking about big club players, they are used to the big stage, have the temparament to succeed and compete at the highest levels, when you get the likes of Messi scoring that type of goal week in week out, Modric, Perisic, you gain some invaluable experience playing in world cup, one can no longer dispute this, once upon a time, Nigeria used to rely on individual talent to take us far, the likes of Okocha never got fazed playing among other world class players, he was that confident, same applied to the likes of kanu, finidi, we dont have such players anymore
KPOM!
Exactly what I was trying to say. :thumb:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Uzoho in particular would have saved one or two of those goals if he was a bit more confident and intimidating. Had he been playing at the highest level, some of those strikers would have probably been a bit more wary of him.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Ok..Ayo cannot keep posting junk on here with his site as the only source
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

This is a list of our players to the world cup and their current clubs.

*Very Good standing: We have 6 players in this cat
*Good standing but should move: We have 3 players in this cat
*Must move: We have 8 players in this cat
*We love your sacrifice for country so far. Goodbye: We have 5 players in this cat

Kelechi is unrated.

Goalkeepers:
1.Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Enyimba) - TIme to move on from him,
2.Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United/RSA) - and him

3.Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La Coruna/ESP) - Should move to the Top 8 leagues of Europe.

Defenders:
4.William Troost-Ekong (Bursaspor/TUR) - Needs to move to the TOP 5 Leagues
5.Shehu Abdullahi (Bursaspor/TUR) - We can allow him to stay here for 1 more season
6.Leon Balogun (Brighton Hove Albion/ENG) - MAde a great move
7.Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea/ENG) - Must move to the Top 5 leagues of the world
8.Bryan Idowu (Amkar Perm/RUS) - Needs to move to the TOp 3 clubs in RUssia or TOp 5 leagues in Europe
9.Chidozie Awaziem (FC Porto/POR) - Must maintain a starting shirt
10.Elderson Echiejile (Cercle Brugge/BEL) - Goodbye
11.Tyronne Ebuehi (Benfica/POR) - Made a good move

Midfielders:
12.Mikel Obi (Tianjin Teda/CHN) - IF Baba wants to continue with SE, he must leave CHina by end of this season for MLS or TOp 8 leagues of the World
13.Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor/TUR) - Dude must move back to the Top 5 leagues of the world
14.John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva/ISR) - Thanks Bro
15.Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City/ENG) - We expect a move to the top 5 teams in the TOp leagues this season or next
16.Oghenekaro Etebo (CD Feirense/POR) - We give him only 1 season to move to the Top 5 Leagues
17.Joel Obi (Torino FC/ITA) - Should stay injury free

Forwards:
18.Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai/CHN) - Gerra ro hia mehnn
19.Ahmed Musa (Leicester City/ENG) - Needs to stay in the TOp 5 leagues or biggest teams in turkey, portugal and Netherlands
20.Alex Iwobi (Arsenal/ENG) - Must maintain a starting shirt
21.Simeon Nwankwo (FC Crotone/ITA) - Must remain in the TOp 5 leagues of the world
22.Victor Moses (Chelsea/ENG) - Must maintain a starting shirt
23. Kelechi Iheanacho(Leicester City/ENG) - I dunno know mehn.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

On the radar players

Defence
Ola Aina (Hull city, Championship) - Must move to the top 5 leagues
Nura Abdullai (Some club in Italy D2) - Must stay fit and get back to Roma's first team

Midfield
Uche Agbo (Standard Liege) - Must move back to the Top 5 league after this champions league season
Mikel Agu (Standard Liege) - Must move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe like Benfica, celtics etc)
Ifeanyi Mathew (Lillestrom, Norway) - Must move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe
Kelechi Nwakali (MVV Mastrict, Dutch D2) - Must move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe
Anderson Esiti (Gent Belgium) - Must move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe
Ajagun (Korkijk, Belgium)- Finally needs to make a move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe
Alhassan Muazam (Maritimo, Portugal) - Good move. He is moving higher
Okechukwu Azubuike (Malatyaspor, Turkey) - Dude needs a move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe like Benfica, celtics, cska etc). Rumours are that some clubs in the Top 5 are interested in his service.
Usman Mohammed

Attack
Simon Moses (Gent, Belgium) - Must move to Top 5 leagues
Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht, Belgium) - Good standing
Taiwo Awoniyi (Mouscron, Belgium) - Must move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe like Benfica, celtics, cska etc)
Sadiq Umar (NAC Breda, Holland) - Must move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe like Benfica, celtics, cska etc)
Orji Okonkwo (Bologna, Italy) - Must tie down a starting shirt or move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe like Benfica, celtics, cska etc)
Isaac Success (Malaga, Spain) - must tie down a starting shirt at Watford and stay fit
Samuel Kalu (Gent Belgium) - Must move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe
Kayode Larry (Shanktar Donesk, Ukraine) - Good standing
Victor OSimhem (Wolfsburg, Germany): Must tie down a starting shirt or move to the top 5 leagues or top clubs in Europe like Benfica, celtics, cska etc)
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief great posts, but I think you left out that young midfielder that I thik was the captain of the U20team?
What's his name again?
Great passing skills....
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:Chief great posts, but I think you left out that young midfielder that I thik was the captain of the U20team?
What's his name again?
Great passing skills....
Ajagun?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:Chief great posts, but I think you left out that young midfielder that I thik was the captain of the U20team?
What's his name again?
Great passing skills....
Ajagun?
No.
He's an Igbo guy...
Let me do a search...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
What's his name again?
Great passing skills....
Ajagun?
No.
He's an Igbo guy...
Let me do a search...
Okechukwu Azubuike. :thumb:

He's young, still developing and I think he is on the right path.

[/video]
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
marko wrote:Can understand Rohr thinking about big club players, they are used to the big stage, have the temparament to succeed and compete at the highest levels, when you get the likes of Messi scoring that type of goal week in week out, Modric, Perisic, you gain some invaluable experience playing in world cup, one can no longer dispute this, once upon a time, Nigeria used to rely on individual talent to take us far, the likes of Okocha never got fazed playing among other world class players, he was that confident, same applied to the likes of kanu, finidi, we dont have such players anymore
KPOM!
Exactly what I was trying to say. :thumb:
Stop this big club mantra nonsense.... An excuse for laziness and failure

If Rohr knew that he can only work with big club players why did he take the job knowing fully well we didn't have big club players. Which big clubs did Iceland players play for when they drew with Argentina?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

And what was Iceland achievement?? Group stage exit 1 point. At the end of the day, if you want to perform exceptionally at WC you need QUALITY players
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
What's his name again?
Great passing skills....
Ajagun?
No.
He's an Igbo guy...
Let me do a search...
Okechukwu Azubuike. :thumb:

He's young, still developing and I think he is on the right path.

[/video]

yeeaaaaa. How can i forget that guy. I hear some clubs in some major leagues are interested. Problem is that he is a breda.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Uzoho in particular would have saved one or two of those goals if he was a bit more confident and intimidating. Had he been playing at the highest level, some of those strikers would have probably been a bit more wary of him.
Thank you for confirming what we already knew. The young man was not ready for this level, evident by the way he kept in friendlies. He didn't have enough match experience under his belt. He looks abroad in Spain third division that means he is better than other ahead because they are home based.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

So we are already buying into this 2022 sales pitch by Rohr when we all know that even 6 months is an eternity in football. Na real wa!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Francis Uzoho
Tyronne Ebuehi
William Ekong
Chigozie Awaziem
Wilfred Ndidi
Simeon Nwankwo

Enemy of progress................So they can sit on the bench abi.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley