HOW DID ONAZI GO FROM HERO TO ZERO SO FAST

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
HOW DID ONAZI GO FROM HERO TO ZERO SO FAST

Post by jette1 »

honestly russia was probably his last feature in the SE
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: HOW DID ONAZI GO FROM HERO TO ZERO SO FAST

Post by john12 »

Before replacing Onazi make sure his replacement is a QUALITY and UPGRADE over onazi and not another noname/backwater league player. To me, I think Onazi is still good enough to be a Substitute for us. He shouldn’t start but is good enough to be on our 23
Last edited by john12 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

jette1 wrote:honestly russia was probably his last feature in the SE

No way.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

john12 wrote:Before replacing Onazi make sure his replacement is a QUALITY and UPGRADE over onazi and not another noname/backwater league player. To me, I think Onazi is still good enough to be a Substitute for us. He shouldn’t start but is good enough to be on our 23
I agree. He needs to move to a better league and grab a starting shirt tho else if he remains in turkey, he should remain as a sub until a better quality players knocks him off not one based in Isreal or Norway etc. Except that person is absolutely the best player in that position in that league.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Onazi is still good to be around. It is up to him to sort his career out. Whenet he is ready I am sure he can play his way into the team. He became complacent and paid the price. But he is still young (I hope that is the case), and I don't see why we should be singing a dirge for him now...unless maybe he is ready to take a bow.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Onazi was a beast at Lazio and until Muiatudi snapped his leg in Brazil 2014 he was a very good midfielder!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Onazi's problem is he loses the ball too much. That is probably why Lazio let go of him in the first place. In the modern game, such a midfielder is a liability. He cost us a goal against Algeria by losing the ball in a dangerous area and did the same against England at Wembley.

O love his passion but sorry, he is not what we want going forward. Ndidi/Etebo/Nwakali should be a midfield trio. We then need youngsters to serve as back-up for them.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Onazi was a beast at Lazio and until Muiatudi snapped his leg in Brazil 2014 he was a very good midfielder!
Matuidi did not snap his leg. His leg was not broken nor did he suffer any fracture. At most he had a sprain. Let's stop all these excuses. Onazi was an average player to begin with so just losing a bit of form puts him below average.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onazi's problem is he loses the ball too much. That is probably why Lazio let go of him in the first place. In the modern game, such a midfielder is a liability. He cost us a goal against Algeria by losing the ball in a dangerous area and did the same against England at Wembley.

O love his passion but sorry, he is not what we want going forward. Ndidi/Etebo/Nwakali should be a midfield trio. We then need youngsters to serve as back-up for them.
Is there an official report that stated this or you have insider sources? i wold like to see the report tho
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onazi's problem is he loses the ball too much. That is probably why Lazio let go of him in the first place. In the modern game, such a midfielder is a liability. He cost us a goal against Algeria by losing the ball in a dangerous area and did the same against England at Wembley.

He plays in a position he can't afford to be regressing. Of the Nwakali's don't forget Chidiebere. In the friendly that his brother scored in, he was actually the better midfielder. Also, Azubuike Okechukwu should get another look in.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

We have young midfielders who can slide in seamlessly. Include Usman Mohammed of the 2016 Olympics and scorer of the JayJay-like goal against Athletico Madrid. Beast of a midfielder.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I never understood the clamor for Onazi. I don't think he is a top player, neither do I think he is a bad player. I am always indifferent whether he is in the team or not, or if he plays or not. It's the weirdest feeling I have had about a Nigerian player. What am I missing? And I am an EXPERT at FOOTBAL FORMATIONS and team makeup. If you don't believe me just ask me.
Last edited by 1naija on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Below average player
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He used to be better. Think he got heavy and maybe lacked regular time
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Because everybody kept trying to put a lipstick on a pig.............It was so obvious Onazi hasn't been the same since WC 2014.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
john12 wrote:Before replacing Onazi make sure his replacement is a QUALITY and UPGRADE over onazi and not another noname/backwater league player. To me, I think Onazi is still good enough to be a Substitute for us. He shouldn’t start but is good enough to be on our 23
I agree. He needs to move to a better league and grab a starting shirt tho else if he remains in turkey, he should remain as a sub until a better quality players knocks him off not one based in Isreal or Norway etc. Except that person is absolutely the best player in that position in that league.
He was a starter at Lazio then went downhill before moving to Turkey where was also a starter before going down again.

Something is obvious not right with him.................Either Mentally or Physically
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Onazi was a beast at Lazio and until Muiatudi snapped his leg in Brazil 2014 he was a very good midfielder!
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Obong wrote:We have young midfielders who can slide in seamlessly. Include Usman Mohammed of the 2016 Olympics and scorer of the JayJay-like goal against Athletico Madrid. Beast of a midfielder.
We also have Ifeanyi Mathew and Esiti