[WC 2018 QF# 3]: SWE (0) vs ENG (2) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2018 QF# 3]: SWE (-) vs ENG (-)

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: I have a feeling this match may not live up to expectation as both sides are very cautious in their approach. If this match produce 3 or more goals it will be a surprise.
On one part I was right, on another didn't expect the match to be so one sided.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2018 QF# 3]: SWE (0) vs ENG (2) FT

Post by oloye »

Undertaker wrote:
Ekorian wrote:All England's 23 players play in the EPL. Nigeria and Rohr are busy doing from countries to countries looking for finished product. Let's not build our domestic league. We will be here in another four years blaming the coach, the referee and FIFA
DUDE STFU! Players playing in the Nigerian league will not qualify us for WAFU CUP! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I mean I cannot believe he believed what he just wrote.... :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Ekorian wrote:All England's 23 players play in the EPL. Nigeria and Rohr are busy doing from countries to countries looking for finished product. Let's not build our domestic league. We will be here in another four years blaming the coach, the referee and FIFA
Man mi..No be Manager's remit to create talent. Building a domestic league with talent that can compete against the world is not a short project. It will take decades , lots of private investment and money and serious change of attitude of Nigerians who would otherwise support European league teams on T.V.
I think that should be NFA focus not the managers,
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2018 QF# 3]: SWE (0) vs ENG (2) 2HF

Post by Curve whiz »

kbt wrote:Even Enyimba would have beaten this Swedish team today. Totally useless.
The best team in their group after Brazil was Serbia. Over confidence killed the Serbs and by the time the Swiss scored, the Serbs got crazy chasing victory rather than hold their point and ended up losing all points. Serbia would have beaten these two poor teams.

Now, I wished Nigeria had been drawn in Group G or H.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Chief Ogbunigwe[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Cellular[/color] wrote: Congrats to England.

Let the haters hate, while you continue to win.

Very professional display thus far.
you sef dey add salt to the bad belle wey dey worry me...make I go drink Andrews liver salt jare.

I don't like England, but I can't honestly hate on these boys. Though e dey vex me small say na Tottenham boys full team sha.

Objectively, they have been very professional.

England finally benefitting from LC + great domestic league.
Football is coming home :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:Congrats to England.

Let the haters hate, while you continue to win.

Very professional display thus far.

you sef dey add salt to the bad belle wey dey worry me...make I go drink Andrews liver salt jare.

I don't like England, but I can't honestly hate on these boys. Though e dey vex me small say na Tottenham boys full team sha.

Objectively, they have been very professional.

England finally benefitting from LC + great domestic league.
Doc, please, abstain from spicy food. It worsens badbellitis.

Arsenal fit win trophy this year o. With Welbeck still on the team. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

soothsayer wrote:
Man mi..No be Manager's remit to create talent. Building a domestic league with talent that can compete against the world is not a short project. It will take decades , lots of private investment and money and serious change of attitude of Nigerians who would otherwise support European league teams on T.V.
Aren't we learning and rebuilding with Rohr? The best way to build is by poaching other countries rejects? If no single player in Nigeria is good enough for Rohr then we have a long way to go...
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Curve whiz wrote:
kbt wrote:Even Enyimba would have beaten this Swedish team today. Totally useless.
The best team in their group after Brazil was Serbia. Over confidence killed the Serbs and by the time the Swiss scored, the Serbs got crazy chasing victory rather than hold their point and ended up losing all points. Serbia would have beaten these two poor teams.

I knew this guy has not been watching the World Cup. How anyone can confuse Sweden and Switzerland is beyond me.

Na to dey spout rubbish about conspiracies about FIFA rigging stuff na ima know! *smh*
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The Swedish team was very bad today. Even 11 of me would have beaten them - today
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

My fellow England supporters, let us resist the very difficult temptation to gloat over England's victory.
Let us be magnanimous in victory and say a short prayer for our fellow members:

Dear God, forgive our brothers and sisters who hate England for they do not know what they are missing. O Lord, help them to see the errors of their ways.Teach them to love England in their hearts and minds.
Teach them to profess their new found love from the mountain top. In their sleep and every waking hour, let the progress of the 3 Lions bring comfort and unbridled joy.
Amen.
-Simpli fy -
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Curve whiz wrote:

England made Sweden look average.

Being drawn in Group G or H wouldn't have made any difference. We would still be the lowest ranked team in either group... plus our coach would transfer his cowardice unto his players. Telling them they are here to learn... :bored:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Curve whiz wrote:Watching these two poor sides play showed how lopsided the whole world cup draw was. To think this Swedish team are playing a Quarterfinal when the likes of Mexico, Argentina, Iran, Serbia, Japan, and even our own Super Eagles are back home shows how rigged the whole FIFA draw was from the start. The Referee and his linesmen were pro England all game and the Swedes didn’t help themselves with a cowardly approach to the game.
You guys are seeing what's not there due to your emotion.

England are NOT friends with FIFA. In fact, they absolutely hate the English and their shenanigans in always trying to expose FIFA as a corrupt organisation. And if we're talking about Russia as hosts, you already know the score there. England is not welcome.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

SylverEagles wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:

I knew this guy has not been watching the World Cup. How anyone can confuse Sweden and Switzerland is beyond me.

Na to dey spout rubbish about conspiracies about FIFA rigging stuff na ima know! *smh*
I know some of you have serious comprehension problems. See Brazil topped the group followed by Switzerland. Now if the scenario I painted above have been different, Serbia not Switzerland would be second in that group and would have beaten this poor Sweden team in the Round of 16.

Do you still need more explanation???

And as regards the World Cup, I have not only watched all the matches so far, but I’m also part of the team providing data and reports for FIFA broadcast partners / rights holders in EMEA region.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Despite his small frame for a goalkeeper, Pickford is a well coached and fundamentally sound goalkeeper.

Pickford isn't small for a GK....he's about 6 feet. Certainly not 6'4, but something like 6'1-6'2

My bad. He just looks small-framed.
-Simpli fy -
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and I hope England CE haters no dey pull dem hairs all out. Just calm down and learn from da colo-masters, they play for the queen and country vs WE wey dey play for self and agents :biggrin:
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Cellular wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:

England made Sweden look average.

Being drawn in Group G or H wouldn't have made any difference. We would still be the lowest ranked team in either group... plus our coach would transfer his cowardice unto his players. Telling them they are here to learn... :bored:
I don’t agree with that. Forget FIFA rankings. Nigeria team was good enough even with Rohr’s cowardice as you call it. We lost to Argentina more because of their name and cos of Messi. We lost that game mentally even before we stepped on the pitch. If that last match was with any other regular European or South American teams, we would have beaten then like Iceland.

I can even say Iceland in Sweden’s place would have fared better. We got a terrible group and losing our first game eroded our confidence. Sadly, we couldn’t manage winning a must win game against Messi and co.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Belgium England final
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Ekorian wrote:
soothsayer wrote:
Aren't we learning and rebuilding with Rohr? The best way to build is by poaching other countries rejects? If no single player in Nigeria is good enough for Rohr then we have a long way to go...
I'm not sure where this argument about recruiting from domestic league comes from, whats the comparison or benchmark. The option would only have some value if the domestic league was actually strong, the truth is that the talent we do create ends up being siphoned off.
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Orion wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:Watching these two poor sides play showed how lopsided the whole world cup draw was. To think this Swedish team are playing a Quarterfinal when the likes of Mexico, Argentina, Iran, Serbia, Japan, and even our own Super Eagles are back home shows how rigged the whole FIFA draw was from the start. The Referee and his linesmen were pro England all game and the Swedes didn’t help themselves with a cowardly approach to the game.
You guys are seeing what's not there due to your emotion.

England are NOT friends with FIFA. In fact, they absolutely hate the English and their shenanigans in always trying to expose FIFA as a corrupt organisation. And if we're talking about Russia as hosts, you already know the score there. England is not welcome.
Not true. Did you noticed how the Referees avoid checking VAR now that the non European teams have been taken out? Even for Brazil, the Referee refused to go see for himself. Today the Referee stopped the Swedish striker in his strides when he was onside. Why not allow them to finish the phase and then check VAR to see if he was offside or not? Scores was 0-0 then. But, he gave Sterling the benefit of a doubt later when he couldn’t score. This is not emotion, but facts. Little psych ops cheating refs use to intimidate teams they don’t like.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

None of the 2 goals in today's victory were scored by Harry Kane. That is special.
-Simpli fy -
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Rawlings wrote:Belgium England final
If so, it’s a bloody war and only one winner...France, Deputy Igwe is the only team that can stop the runaway train. It’s amazing how far Southgate’s gone with this team shorn of world class players, Captain ‘Arry aside. The big calls have all been exact, Trippier over Walker, Pickford over Butland, Maguire over Cahill, 5 at the back ending the fruitlessly search for a left winger. England are on a roll, better that butter with bacon or Cumberland sausage. Ketchup, none less than Heinz.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Undertaker wrote:I have never seen a team such a poor team like England make the semi-final of the World Cup. They are very poor............. Sweden were trash too!
Oga Undie, Ingerlund is not poor o! They are a very good team, and they are well coached.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Coach wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Belgium England final
If so, it’s a bloody war and only one winner...France, Deputy Igwe is the only team that can stop the runaway train. It’s amazing how far Southgate’s gone with this team shorn of world class players, Captain ‘Arry aside. The big calls have all been exact, Trippier over Walker, Pickford over Butland, Maguire over Cahill, 5 at the back ending the fruitlessly search for a left winger. England are on a roll, better that butter with bacon or Cumberland sausage. Ketchup, none less than Heinz.
Coach, I hope you’re staying ‘hydrated’... :biggrin:

Semi-final. Wow.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---