ENGLAND A CLEAR REFERENCE POINT TO ROHR's CRIMINALITY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: ENGLAND A CLEAR REFERENCE POINT TO ROHR's CRIMINALITY

Post by john12 »

He came into a Nigeria economic recession, lack of funds and previous incompetence. This man has shown that he is capable of taking our football forward with the right support. He has a good team of network that includes URFA, FIFA and he is CAF present VICE president
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:The 2nd half that the fool is referencing self England still played better and had more chances than us. The first step is always admit guilt then fix yourself and your team. We lost to a better team just Admit it and keep it moving the fact that Rohr even beat Iceland speaks volume of his coaching ability. All these Delusional fools think they’re smart. When things go right, they will adulate our players while when things go wrong they will Blame ROhR. It’s only SHAMELESS CROOKS, AGENTS that wants rohr terminated so they can trabalize our team. They want a Local coach that will select more players from the east and west. Fools
Daft, loony wannabe 'PEPPERSOUP' Pimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

How much does nigeria invest in football yearly? Any figures around?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

marko wrote:How much does nigeria invest in football yearly? Any figures around?
How much does Urugauy, Croatia and Belgium invest in football yearly? Any figures around?

Daft football-know-nothings running riot on CE.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

zee wrote:
marko wrote:How much does nigeria invest in football yearly? Any figures around?
How much does Urugauy, Croatia and Belgium invest in football yearly? Any figures around?

Daft football-know-nothings running riot on CE.
You always get your return on how much you invest :taunt: :mad: :taunt:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote:this is the same team that couldn't even string together 2 passes against us in the second half now matching into semis
Wow, did we all not watch that game. So you actually thought Nigeria was better than England in that match? Just checking.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Enugu II wrote:
jette1 wrote:this is the same team that couldn't even string together 2 passes against us in the second half now matching into semis
Wow, did we all not watch that game. So you actually thought Nigeria was better than England in that match? Just checking.
Nigeria's first half performance made the second half look good, but England looked more likely to score.

England is miles ahead of Nigeria.

Football is not all about huffing and puffing. The Nigerian team was not complete, very raw and inexperienced, also lacking in real quality. A second round team at best.

This Nigeria team could not close out 5mins of the Argentina match.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Country miles.
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

gosh you guys are just delusional. if friendly games are the yardstick then you guys should have just given up before the tournament started. not a single friendly game was won and it was not the coach's fault. the arrogance that i read here is just out of this world. why can't you guys just accept that your team is just not good enough and build on it? With all honesty without disrespect the Naija team was crap from start to finish throughout. surprisingly this was the team i was hyping prior to the WC because of the manner in which you guys qualified. I had a Cameroonian friend bitching to me that his team should have qualified but i told him Nigeria was far better in that group. I thought at least quarter finals was not far fetched but i gave up right after the first game against Croatia. yeah the team was that bad. stop comparing yourselves to other teams who have advanced and lick your wounds
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aykwes8 wrote:
gosh you guys are just delusional. if friendly games are the yardstick then you guys should have just given up before the tournament started. not a single friendly game was won and it was not the coach's fault. the arrogance that i read here is just out of this world. why can't you guys just accept that your team is just not good enough and build on it? With all honesty without disrespect the Naija team was crap from start to finish throughout. surprisingly this was the team i was hyping prior to the WC because of the manner in which you guys qualified. I had a Cameroonian friend bitching to me that his team should have qualified but i told him Nigeria was far better in that group. I thought at least quarter finals was not far fetched but i gave up right after the first game against Croatia. yeah the team was that bad. stop comparing yourselves to other teams who have advanced and lick your wounds
It’s the same delusional ppl opening these threads like kajifu and co, no need lumping the majority of us with the deluded minority.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:jette, if only you knew how mad I still am at Rohr. The minimum we should had was a second round berth. I would have been able to stomach a loss to a very good French team. But the inexcusable selections, negative tactics and "we're too young and learning" excuses cannot be tolerated. Add the unprecedented support by the NFF and government.

No England player had his father kidnapped before any of the games. They are not playing while worrying about the safety of their loved ones. You want the team to excel at all cost, even in the face of imminent threat to members of the players family, and you are happy. Nigerians are the most selfish and heartless people on the planet! SMH
Mikel is a hero, and a MAN! He put all that behind him and had a monster of a game. hHe's too classy to use his father's kidnap as an excuse. You have no right to go so low as to use that as an excuse. Please, retrace your steps and rephrase your argument. Certain lines need not be crossed for civility sake.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Tbh I’ll keep the FA chairman but bring in Siasia and
Give him same environment Rohr was given and
Siasia will perform a lot better.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And fall where his predecessors have fallen. The answer is not one man. Again, Jesse Lingard was still sprinting in the 80th minute...Russia ran for 120, minus the tactical time wastings, talk less of that chap who pull a hamstring and recovered with a couple of weeks. If not mistaken, he assisted the equaliser for 2-2. It’s not merely a matter of changing one man, national teams nowadays are laboratories. Muscle biopsies, supplements targeting dopaminergic receptors, cortisol suppression techniques to decrease the overtraining effect. It’s not about one man, it’s about a movement.

Till Nigeria get with the times, they’re going nowhere, the same applies to Africa as a whole.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Coach wrote:England have been on a mission long before wrinkled Rohr knew of Nigeria’s existence. Iceland was the event horizon that pushed them to go full scale revolution. To consider their march to the semis, evidence vs Rohr is ludicrous. It’s evidence against the ineptitude of Nigeria’s footballing administration in its entirety. Failure after failure is treated with the same solution, change of guard, same names on the page or worse, newbies as undercooked as a raw potato covered in grated cheese and served as a jacket.

What is Nigeria’s identity? Philosophy? Strategy? System? What is their contingency plan? Where is their blueprint for renewed success? Where is the conveyor belt of talent? Once upon a time twas Premier league powerhouses scrambling for Spanish and French talent, not its Leipzigs and Dortmunds battling it out to acquire the latest precocious talent from the Big Smoke, Toxteth or Salford City. The revolution was not televised, rather it happened behind closed doors of boardrooms, in coaching forums and open evenings. The good old English coaching manuals and their Anglo-Saxon preachings were cast onto the bonfires. In true English fashion, they set sail for all four corners of the globe, robbing, stealing, pinching, thieving whatever goods they could. Today they’re polished up and presented as English stalwarts. Coerver training is everywhere, fussball the same. Most recently, multiball, borrowed from Germany if not mistaken, is being entered in curriculums, the aim being spatial awareness. Training pitches of varying dimensions are used for situational development.

One had the privilege of attending a seminar in which sports scientists presented blood biochemical data on Team GB athletes that predicted, not only their optimal efficiency, but prescribed exercises per individual that escalated their performance. Results of muscle biopsies were displayed with the density of fast and slow twitch fibres used to predict durability, peak performance of sprints and most interesting of, the point of exhaustion where quality of sprint dipped below a threshold at which effectivity would be detrimentally compromised.

There’s a new energy drink being endorsed by Team GB, the FA and most recently Lazio. Harvard University are all over it. Can’t remember the name of the driving force behind it, Eddie something or other, will try to dig up the link from emails. It’s alleged, there are different versions, each with a different balance of contents, the selection of which is dependent on muscle biopsy result and levels of a certain chemical mediator in the blood.

That’s where football is today, it’s now a sporting science. Whilst some are dead on their legs after 60 minutes, a limited talent like Lingard is sprinting fresh as a daisy after ninety. Let Africa keep believing the answer is the ancient wisdom of crumbly old fools. Eventually the sly fox catches and consumes the owl. Africa is lagging behind not because it lacks decent players but because it’s still considering a sport. The modern athlete is a science experiment. Wake the f*ck up, how can you have a squad almost entirely composed of players earning a living in institutions where this science is being practiced and not borrow from this intellect. Rohr was still having Heinrich cut up oranges at halftime. Typical Africa, overpaying for what the rest of the world has discarded. How many coaching envoys have been sent to the Barcelonas and Madrids, to Germany during its pomp to learn of the gegenpress. Research the coaches from Team GB and see how far they were sent in each sport, the detail and data collected. Robe claimed this was young team, maybe and if the science isn’t embraced, it will be no more than a Peter Pan, 4 years older and exactly the same age.

One hopes CAF will have a sense of shame and embarrassment in its disgraceful representation at the Mundial and will join the race. England are far from front runners, but in the few years in which they realised the need to follow the breakaway pack, look where they are. World champions at various ages and on their best run in a tournament for over 20 years. There’s nothing stopping Africa besides Africa itself. Hardtalk. Now for the backlash.

:clap: :clap:

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Enugu II wrote:
Always expedient. Honestly you and your ilk is the main reason our soccer had never transcended beyond stagnant mediocre level. lacks guts to call a spade a spade. Always seeing sliver linings around every dark issue.
Asking for Mr Rohr to continue as SE coach is unforgiveable after the angel* wittingly and foolishly bungled our world cup hopes. Honestly most of you need deliverance.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Obong wrote:
1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:jette, if only you knew how mad I still am at Rohr. The minimum we should had was a second round berth. I would have been able to stomach a loss to a very good French team. But the inexcusable selections, negative tactics and "we're too young and learning" excuses cannot be tolerated. Add the unprecedented support by the NFF and government.

No England player had his father kidnapped before any of the games. They are not playing while worrying about the safety of their loved ones. You want the team to excel at all cost, even in the face of imminent threat to members of the players family, and you are happy. Nigerians are the most selfish and heartless people on the planet! SMH
Mikel is a hero, and a MAN! He put all that behind him and had a monster of a game. hHe's too classy to use his father's kidnap as an excuse. You have no right to go so low as to use that as an excuse. Please, retrace your steps and rephrase your argument. Certain lines need not be crossed for civility sake.
Don't mind the buffoon. He sees everything through one prism only. You are infallible as long as you are from this same geo-political zone with him thus MR Pinnick was not at fault for hiring the most inept , feckless and clueless coach that ever coached SE.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Soma, it’s beyond infuriating reading the meatless arguments that dominate discourse. Arguments inflated with archaic thinking. Africa must escape from the 1980s and it’s willingness to smile as the world sings “do they know its Xmas time at all”. England are not at the forefront but rather, are a comparable nation: short of world class individuals and burdened by underachievement, they are or were a good case to study. Any such study leads to Team GB. As baffling as Bolt’s nine and a bit second 100m are, the true super athlete of that olympics was Mo Farah. At a point where lactic acid was stiffening the strides of seasoned professionals and world champions, Farah was seen sprinting towards the finish line. His peak speed usually coming in the last lap. How is it possible? Not just once, but on many occasions? Science. Yes the Kenyans have done similar, but their case is entirely different, they’re masters of running strategy. Farah was pure power, how did he generate such power, so effortlessly, when desired?

Next, there’s Anthony Joshua, another science experiment, perhaps the biggest today. The wide fluctuations in body weight are intended. An athlete can’t camp and achieve unintended results if camped properly. vs Takam, he was super heavy, the purpose being to over power a brawler. Not his prettiest display, but the intention is find his optimal weight, bone and muscle density for specific opponents and situations. Bone density? Absolutely. It’s called the musculoskeletal system for a reason, the two work in tandem. They’re achieving growth hormone like results without the synthetic GH, a banned substance.

Sport is a science. Till Africa wakes up to that fact, it will only go as far as it’s limited talent will allow. By 60 odd minutes, Nigeria’s players are spent, look at the sprints Lingard was doing at 80 odd minutes yesterday, look at the distance and speed the Russians were clocking vs Croatia. Science. Wake up and switch on the bunsen burners.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

England has a very smart, meticulous manager in Gareth Southgate.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Robotnik wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Nigeria's first half performance made the second half look good, but England looked more likely to score.

England is miles ahead of Nigeria.

Football is not all about huffing and puffing. The Nigerian team was not complete, very raw and inexperienced, also lacking in real quality. A second round team at best.

This Nigeria team could not close out 5mins of the Argentina match.
The only 'real quality' we lacked was in the coaching dept.
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

what's his record playing quality teams outside Africa?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Football left Nigeria a long time ago, when you mention science, its even worse, go check these european football team training complexes and see the technology, scientific advancement they use on the players, everything is checked and monitored, diets, what not, back in the days, English players ate crap food, when they started bringing in these top european managers, they tore the english rules apart, changed the diets, menus, what not, today England is benefitting from forward thinking, old rules have been cast away, now they take these youth competitons seriously, they are even passing in defence without huffing the ball away and you lot are not scared haha

Marko
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:England have been on a mission long before wrinkled Rohr knew of Nigeria’s existence. Iceland was the event horizon that pushed them to go full scale revolution. To consider their march to the semis, evidence vs Rohr is ludicrous. It’s evidence against the ineptitude of Nigeria’s footballing administration in its entirety. Failure after failure is treated with the same solution, change of guard, same names on the page or worse, newbies as undercooked as a raw potato covered in grated cheese and served as a jacket.

What is Nigeria’s identity? Philosophy? Strategy? System? What is their contingency plan? Where is their blueprint for renewed success? Where is the conveyor belt of talent? Once upon a time twas Premier league powerhouses scrambling for Spanish and French talent, not its Leipzigs and Dortmunds battling it out to acquire the latest precocious talent from the Big Smoke, Toxteth or Salford City. The revolution was not televised, rather it happened behind closed doors of boardrooms, in coaching forums and open evenings. The good old English coaching manuals and their Anglo-Saxon preachings were cast onto the bonfires. In true English fashion, they set sail for all four corners of the globe, robbing, stealing, pinching, thieving whatever goods they could. Today they’re polished up and presented as English stalwarts. Coerver training is everywhere, fussball the same. Most recently, multiball, borrowed from Germany if not mistaken, is being entered in curriculums, the aim being spatial awareness. Training pitches of varying dimensions are used for situational development.

One had the privilege of attending a seminar in which sports scientists presented blood biochemical data on Team GB athletes that predicted, not only their optimal efficiency, but prescribed exercises per individual that escalated their performance. Results of muscle biopsies were displayed with the density of fast and slow twitch fibres used to predict durability, peak performance of sprints and most interesting of, the point of exhaustion where quality of sprint dipped below a threshold at which effectivity would be detrimentally compromised.

There’s a new energy drink being endorsed by Team GB, the FA and most recently Lazio. Harvard University are all over it. Can’t remember the name of the driving force behind it, Eddie something or other, will try to dig up the link from emails. It’s alleged, there are different versions, each with a different balance of contents, the selection of which is dependent on muscle biopsy result and levels of a certain chemical mediator in the blood.

That’s where football is today, it’s now a sporting science. Whilst some are dead on their legs after 60 minutes, a limited talent like Lingard is sprinting fresh as a daisy after ninety. Let Africa keep believing the answer is the ancient wisdom of crumbly old fools. Eventually the sly fox catches and consumes the owl. Africa is lagging behind not because it lacks decent players but because it’s still considering a sport. The modern athlete is a science experiment. Wake the f*ck up, how can you have a squad almost entirely composed of players earning a living in institutions where this science is being practiced and not borrow from this intellect. Rohr was still having Heinrich cut up oranges at halftime. Typical Africa, overpaying for what the rest of the world has discarded. How many coaching envoys have been sent to the Barcelonas and Madrids, to Germany during its pomp to learn of the gegenpress. Research the coaches from Team GB and see how far they were sent in each sport, the detail and data collected. Robe claimed this was young team, maybe and if the science isn’t embraced, it will be no more than a Peter Pan, 4 years older and exactly the same age.

One hopes CAF will have a sense of shame and embarrassment in its disgraceful representation at the Mundial and will join the race. England are far from front runners, but in the few years in which they realised the need to follow the breakaway pack, look where they are. World champions at various ages and on their best run in a tournament for over 20 years. There’s nothing stopping Africa besides Africa itself. Hardtalk. Now for the backlash.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Coachito, this is the best thing you have written on this topic. Respect for bringing insight and football education to our folks. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohsee wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But wait......was this not the reason we hired a European.......? He should be up with the times...or is he too old to be taught a new trick?

Look at the semi final lineup coaches.....Southgate, Martinez, Deschamps, Croatia coach....only one of them is old....

Youthful coaches willing to adapt is the way to go.....keep Rohr make him Techinical adviser or football Director and get a youthful coach under him....local or foreign don't care.....

This works Cup semifinal was SE's for the taking all u had to do was beat Croatia....we played out the worst game in this year tournament.....then Argentina 10mins to go fortify your defence....no you stood and watch and when they scored...u panicked....

This game is for the young ones i.e. Reason wenger and co are making way.......Nigeria should do the same...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........