I hope Uzoho watched those two Pickford saves today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I hope Uzoho watched those two Pickford saves today

Post by Coach »

@Ayo, why doesn't the NFF have the capacity to function as a 21st century federation and do what others are doing? That is the question, not whether Uzoho watched a couple of saves. This very mentality is what makes Nigeria a Nokia nation in an iPhone world. Rather than institutional growth and the trickle down effect, its reverse photosynthesis with the grass roots expected to find their own sustenance and produce sunlight to be thrown up into a dark sky.

Tomorrow we'll bemoan the latest dual nationalitied talent's decision to represent England. Not knowing the strength of sway a Wembley stadium and St George's Park holds.

"Imagine, one day Dele, you could be playing beneath those two arches".

"Imagine one day Dele, you could be playing at the Abuja National Stadium".

In the words of Sean Carter:
You cats is home, screamin' the fight's on
I'm in the fifteen hundred seats, watchin Ty-son
Same night, same fight
But one of us cats ain't playin' right, I let you tell it
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

wanaj0 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Jordan Pickford may not be the most talented goalkeeper out there but you can see he works on the training ground a lot. This is something our players do not do enough of.

What this young generation of players need to do us push themselves to the limit. For instance, will Ebuehi set himself the target of being the best rightback in the world?
Are you the best at what you do? Why not lead the way in pushing yourself?
:clap: :clap:

Easy to pontificate on the internet. I mean why can't he set himself the target of being the best sports journalist in the world?
Why not enter bus, flight, walk, do anything to get original stories and exclusives? Did he even go to Russia to watch these players live? Why steal stories from other websites and publish on his own to drive internet traffic?

Many of us are the absolute best in setting targets for others and judging them, until it's our turn.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The dude is only 19 and he must have worked his socks off to have gained the confidence of the coach, the team and the nation in such a short space of time. Akinfeev is about 32, Uzoho has all the tools to be a great keeper and age on his side.

He simply needs a good team that will give him first team football and foster his development.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Cally wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Jordan Pickford may not be the most talented goalkeeper out there but you can see he works on the training ground a lot. This is something our players do not do enough of.

What this young generation of players need to do us push themselves to the limit. For instance, will Ebuehi set himself the target of being the best rightback in the world?
Are you the best at what you do? Why not lead the way in pushing yourself?
:clap: :clap:
Easy to pontificate on the internet. I mean why can't he set himself the target of being the best sports journalist in the world?
Why not enter bus, flight, walk, do anything to get original stories and exclusives? Did he even go to Russia to watch these players live? Why steal stories from other websites and publish on his own to drive internet traffic?

Many of us are the absolute best in setting targets for others and judging them, until it's our turn.
:agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Today, both Lloris and Courtois made saves that I expect Uzoho to be making by 2022. If you look at the goals he conceded against Etebo, Messi and Rojo, both of today’s goalkeepers saves similar shots.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mcal wrote:...all goalkeepers of the world watched and saw it.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley