SE could have win this world cup if Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE should have win this world cup if Rohr

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ohsee wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This thread sef. Yes, we fans believe in magic. Countries like France, Belgium, and now England have shown how it is to be successfully done--it takes years and a long-term investment in structures, organization and most importantly the players, not magic. Is it any surprise that three of the four teams in the semis are countries that have world-class youth and academy programs that they implemented more than a decade ago when they came to the conclusion that what they were doing was not working? But Africans, who like to believe in the efficacy of juju and prayer, think that if we change coach, we will, by some mysterious witchery of bouncing balls, get to the semi-finals.

Anyway, wetin consain me? Wetin I know? Let me jos siddon dey look. Make una continue.
Thank you,I keep reminding clowns that the NFA still dont own a football specific stadium or run an academy but they argue about the AFCON being in the wrong year (didn't Nigeria win the first AFCON in a non World Cup year and have a better World Cup than recent?) or changing the AFCON to the summer being a bad thing despite the fact next year will be the first one,mediocracy will continue because of ignorance and denial the fact is the wrong people in the right places make the wrong decisions!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Mr Shows wrote:
zee wrote:
This thread sef. Yes, we fans believe in magic. Countries like France, Belgium, and now England have shown how it is to be successfully done--it takes years and a long-term investment in structures, organization and most importantly the players, not magic. Is it any surprise that three of the four teams in the semis are countries that have world-class youth and academy programs that they implemented more than a decade ago when they came to the conclusion that what they were doing was not working? But Africans, who like to believe in the efficacy of juju and prayer, think that if we change coach, we will, by some mysterious witchery of bouncing balls, get to the semi-finals.

Anyway, wetin consain me? Wetin I know? Let me jos siddon dey look. Make una continue.
Prof Ohsee......let me know what Croatia (potential WC winners) invested apart from picking their best players and having a coach that talked his players into BLEEDING for the nation.
You can go very far in a SEVEN' match tournament by confidently playing to your strength with players that are highly motivated and not afraid of the opposition.

Rohr is a full blown football-coward. :curse:

If it were down to just having world class players..Messi and Ronaldo won't be watching the final on TV. If was just down to having a world class coach, then WC winning Lowe will not have finished bottom of the group and will not be watching the final along with his star studded team on TV..

England are currently the U21 World champions and are currently in the Semi finals of the WC... Long term planning is just the foundation. You need to have 'quality' players in every position 'playing at the highest level', a solid coach and a good dose of luck, ''All at the same time" to even have a chance.

How folks think we can just turn up and stroll home with the wc, without even having half of the ingredients in place defies common sense. :blink: :???:
You clowns love spurting nonsense without checking out the facts.....England is playing semi 'cos they just won the U-20 WC in 2017, so how come that Serbia that won it in 2015 crashed out in their WEAK group.
Are you football-dumbos never ashamed of your air headedness?
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE should have won this world cup if Rohr

Post by Kabalega »

Give me funding to for expert consultations, e.t.c
Take care of the logistics and players welfare.

Give me 6 months with 23 average players.
After 6 months we might need a tournament like the ANC to whip the boys.

Send the boys off to their clubs.
Let the players meet up during FIFA windows for at least a 5-7 days.

Keep the logistics and consultation funding running throughout.

Give me the mandatory period before the World Cup (3 friendlies are enough depending on the opponents).

I promise, our team, will bring you the World Cup.
And I am not even a coach.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Our players tried their best with the limited talent they have, thankfully we have watched good football from the likes of France, Belgium, sometimes England, Croatia and Nigeria does not belong in this company
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Mr Shows wrote:
zee wrote:

Prof Ohsee......let me know what Croatia (potential WC winners) invested apart from picking their best players and having a coach that talked his players into BLEEDING for the nation.
You can go very far in a SEVEN' match tournament by confidently playing to your strength with players that are highly motivated and not afraid of the opposition.

If it were down to just having world class players..Messi and Ronaldo won't be watching the final on TV. If was just down to having a world class coach, then WC winning Lowe will not have finished bottom of the group and will not be watching the final along with his star studded team on TV..

England are currently the U21 World champions and are currently in the Semi finals of the WC... Long term planning is just the foundation. You need to have 'quality' players in every position 'playing at the highest level', a solid coach and a good dose of luck, ''All at the same time" to even have a chance.

How folks think we can just turn up and stroll home with the wc, without even having half of the ingredients in place defies common sense. :blink: :???:
Chief, you nailed it. Sound comment. :thumb:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

zee wrote:

Eze zee, you know say you be my guy, but you are not seeing the full picture if you are only going to focus on Rohr the German.

Consider: Rohr has done no better or worse than his predecessors who have three times made it to the round of 16 and then gone home, or three times not made it to the round of 16. If we are going to face reality, that standard, our standard, AS SHOWN BY RESULTS NOT WISHFUL THINKING, is the standard of mediocrity. Every team we have sent to the WC confirms this, irrespective of coach.

The best way to look at this is to recognize that A LOT OF THINGS are wrong with our football, not just one thing. Yes, you are right, we do need better coaches, but that alone is not enough. If we want consistently good results, we need to do better than that, and institute a complex of changes.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Notice how these DUMB threads come afta the fact. Mayb we should also implement keyboard coaches, experts who c it b4 we do but tell it afta ( OP), & apply their tactics.

No mind dem. Spain did it too, & I bet the Dutch r warming up/things for a good bang at it. While we rely on hearsay. Did anyone forget wia day good team of 94 & 98 came from???? Go back to square 1, follow dat model, over the yrs......consistency. Naihas too like short cut. B patient. Not magic Germany, Italy Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, etc etc r consistent. Wake up, oh my people.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

ohsee wrote:
zee wrote:

Eze zee, you know say you be my guy, but you are not seeing the full picture if you are only going to focus on Rohr the German.

Consider: Rohr has done no better or worse than his predecessors who have three times made it to the round of 16 and then gone home, or three times not made it to the round of 16. If we are going to face reality, that standard, our standard, AS SHOWN BY RESULTS NOT WISHFUL THINKING, is the standard of mediocrity. Every team we have sent to the WC confirms this, irrespective of coach.

The best way to look at this is to recognize that A LOT OF THINGS are wrong with our football, not just one thing. Yes, you are right, we do need better coaches, but that alone is not enough. If we want consistently good results, we need to do better than that, and institute a complex of changes.

Say no more. Too much hot air from folks.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf:
Coach wrote:Kaji, there comes a time for each and every man when, he just has to f*ck off. Check your wristwatch, the timer’s flashing zeros.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ekorian wrote:Can the mods please edit the title. I couldn't get past the " should have WIN" WTF!
Bros Ekorian, please STOP it! We are NOT here for English grammar. Wrong or right, as long as you understood the point made by the writer, that's enough.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Can the mods please edit the title. I couldn't get past the " should have WIN" WTF!
Bros Ekorian, please STOP it! We are NOT here for English grammar. Wrong or right, as long as you understood the point made by the writer, that's enough.
Problem is, that particular post was so badly written, e hard for persin to understand on first take.
U wan say you sef no read am twice? :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Obong wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Reality is reality. Nigeria is a second round team at best.

The records are there for all to see.

Foreign coach or local coach. Preparation or no preparation. Building for the future or established..

Foreign based, foreign born or home based the results are the same.

What the 94 team could not do, none of our other teams have been able to do.
We were a second round team, yet, Rohr found a way to make us look ordinary and still had that his "we're too young" and "the other teams are higher rated" excuses. With some luck, we probably would have advanced further. If we had won the group with two wins and a draw, we would have taken Croatia's path, and stood a good chance of making history. We could have likely beaten Denmark and Russia. A game with England in the semis would have been one laced with our colonial history, high stakes, and tension. Anybody's game. Ah, Rohr!

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: Could have, could have

If Ighalo had scored those last 2 clear chances against Argentina, we could have gotten to the second round. We could have played a draw with France and likely beat them on penalties, then defintely beat Uruguay silly. THen in the Semi's Belgium woudl be scared and shaking so they would try to be cautious and when they open up trying to get a goal, our world best attack, with top scoring strikers, Harry Ighalo and Nacho woudl score every chance that falls at them.

Thats how we woudl be in the finals. ROHR IS USELESS. In less than 2yrs of having this team, he couldnt WIN the WORLD CUP? He took our most inform set of players and i know they are world beaters. Like Ndidi (EPL), MIkel and Ighalo from china, Bench warmer Nacho, idowu (the best left back in europe), Ebuehi (clearly the most exciting fullback in this competition), Div3 Uzoho, The contigent from turkey etc.

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

Foreign coach or local coach. Preparation or no preparation. Building for the future or established..

We were a second round team, yet, Rohr found a way to make us look ordinary and still had that his "we're too young" and "the other teams are higher rated" excuses. With some luck, we probably would have advanced further. If we had won the group with two wins and a draw, we would have taken Croatia's path, and stood a good chance of making history. We could have likely beaten Denmark and Russia. A game with England in the semis would have been one laced with our colonial history, high stakes, and tension. Anybody's game. Ah, Rohr!

If Ighalo had scored those last 2 clear chances against Argentina, we could have gotten to the second round. We could have played a draw with France and likely beat them on penalties, then defintely beat Uruguay silly. THen in the Semi's Belgium woudl be scared and shaking so they would try to be cautious and when they open up trying to get a goal, our world best attack, with top scoring strikers, Harry Ighalo and Nacho woudl score very chance that falls at them.

Thats how we woudl be in the finals. ROHR IS USELESS. In less than 2yrs of having this team, he couldnt WIN the WORLD CUP? He took our most inform set of players and i know they are world beaters. Like Ndidi, MIkel and Ighalo from china, Bench warmer Nacho, idowu (the best left back in europe), Ebuehi (clearly the most exciting fullback in this competition), Div3 Uzoho, The contigent from turkey etc.

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!
Don't quit your day job!!
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

If Ighalo had scored those last 2 clear chances against Argentina, we could have gotten to the second round. We could have played a draw with France and likely beat them on penalties, then defintely beat Uruguay silly. THen in the Semi's Belgium woudl be scared and shaking so they would try to be cautious and when they open up trying to get a goal, our world best attack, with top scoring strikers, Harry Ighalo and Nacho woudl score every chance that falls at them.

Thats how we woudl be in the finals. ROHR IS USELESS. In less than 2yrs of having this team, he couldnt WIN the WORLD CUP? He took our most inform set of players and i know they are world beaters. Like Ndidi (EPL), MIkel and Ighalo from china, Bench warmer Nacho, idowu (the best left back in europe), Ebuehi (clearly the most exciting fullback in this competition), Div3 Uzoho, The contigent from turkey etc.

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!
:rotf: Being truthful isn't accepted on CE!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

marko wrote:Our players tried their best with the limited talent they have, thankfully we have watched good football from the likes of France, Belgium, sometimes England, Croatia and Nigeria does not belong in this company

Croatia plays very good football with very good players. Yes, the last 2 games have been tough. But I've rethought this...as we beat 2 extremely defensive teams that played through France and Spain in this WC. Consider that Denmark hadn't lost in 18 games and runs all days. Russia too runs all day.

I'm not sure any team could have played good football in a knockout against Denmark or Russia. So I see this as battle hardening Croatia. If our very good players are healthy and all start, I think we can play good football against England.

Regardless, Croatia has been in the semifinals twice since 1998. Not sure why you don't think we don't belong with Belgium, France, and England. We will see Wednesday. I hope we prove you wrong.

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote:
zee wrote:

Ohsee and Zee, Croatia actually have superb academies. And work with other national club football academies to expose players and give them opportunities. We have a league, which at least gives players development. Competing in Euro leagues.

It produces a pipeline of talent. For now.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Odas wrote:
Dude, I'm neither TFCO nor the brightest mind on CE but that was a mistake than even a kindergartener shouldn't be making.......
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

At least Nigerians don't lack humor...so perhaps playing the football version of the Harlem Globetrotter can be the way forward?
Since there is no real ambition to win anymore..
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Problem is, that particular post was so badly written, e hard for persin to understand on first take.
U wan say you sef no read am twice? :D
Chief Damunk; eh-eh, I no go ansa dat kwesion. E big pass me.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:

If Ighalo had scored those last 2 clear chances against Argentina, we could have gotten to the second round. We could have played a draw with France and likely beat them on penalties, then defintely beat Uruguay silly. THen in the Semi's Belgium woudl be scared and shaking so they would try to be cautious and when they open up trying to get a goal, our world best attack, with top scoring strikers, Harry Ighalo and Nacho woudl score very chance that falls at them.

Thats how we woudl be in the finals. ROHR IS USELESS. In less than 2yrs of having this team, he couldnt WIN the WORLD CUP? He took our most inform set of players and i know they are world beaters. Like Ndidi, MIkel and Ighalo from china, Bench warmer Nacho, idowu (the best left back in europe), Ebuehi (clearly the most exciting fullback in this competition), Div3 Uzoho, The contigent from turkey etc.

DAMN YOU ROHR!!!!
Don't quit your day job!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

mate wrote:
Ohsee and Zee, Croatia actually have superb academies. And work with other national club football academies to expose players and give them opportunities. We have a league, which at least gives players development. Competing in Euro leagues.

It produces a pipeline of talent. For now.
Thanks mate. I did not know this. :thumb:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mate wrote:
marko wrote:Our players tried their best with the limited talent they have, thankfully we have watched good football from the likes of France, Belgium, sometimes England, Croatia and Nigeria does not belong in this company

Croatia plays very good football with very good players. Yes, the last 2 games have been tough. But I've rethought this...as we beat 2 extremely defensive teams that played through France and Spain in this WC. Consider that Denmark hadn't lost in 18 games and runs all days. Russia too runs all day.

I'm not sure any team could have played good football in a knockout against Denmark or Russia. So I see this as battle hardening Croatia. If our very good players are healthy and all start, I think we can play good football against England.

Regardless, Croatia has been in the semifinals twice since 1998. Not sure why you don't think we don't belong with Belgium, France, and England. We will see Wednesday. I hope we prove you wrong.

:)
Please read my remarks again, i said France, Belgium, sometimes England , Croatia have been playing good football and Nigeria does not belong in this company

My bad, should have put a comma, not And, so it seemed i put Croatia and Nigeria in the same category
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

re: thread title
Is this world cup even over yet?