Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Post by Cally »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ibaly.html

Deal completed subject to medical. How did he secure a work permit?

This is a good move for him. Steven Gerrard has recruited heavily with Ejaria and Umar representing.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Post by oloye »

Why na so so loan our players dey? Small time we will start to dream that they are world class materials. I am tired of all these loan deals abeg.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cally wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ibaly.html

Deal completed subject to medical. How did he secure a work permit?

This is a good move for him. Steven Gerrard has recruited heavily with Ejaria and Umar representing.
I suspect the laws are different in Scotland. The likes of Nwakali played there without meeting the so called requirements.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

oloye wrote:Why na so so loan our players dey? Small time we will start to dream that they are world class materials. I am tired of all these loan deals abeg.
I agree. He should’ve signed with Bayern.
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oloye wrote:Why na so so loan our players dey? Small time we will start to dream that they are world class materials. I am tired of all these loan deals abeg.
Not necessarily, I just think a permanent move is always in their best interest. It takes players time to settle down in a new environment , some of them a whole season. I don't how see these loan helps on the long term....imagine having to start all over again in another team just about the time you are beginning to settle into the system on your current team.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I'm sorry but this is a terrible move.

The Scottish league is rubbish, champions league or not. They will be eliminated soon anyways.

I'd rather he stayed in the Dutch league to be honest. Even the championship would be better.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote:I'm sorry but this is a terrible move.

The Scottish league is rubbish, champions league or not. They will be eliminated soon anyways.

I'd rather he stayed in the Dutch league to be honest. Even the championship would be better.
Virgil Van Dyke
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Your opinion, which is equally rubbish.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cally wrote:

Your opinion, which is equally rubbish.
Like Morocco beating Spain :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
Not necessarily, I just think a permanent move is always in their best interest. It takes players time to settle down in a new environment , some of them a whole season. I don't see these loan helps....imagine having to moblve to start all over again in another team just about the time you are beginning to settle into the system.
Some of our players could have been helped by our FA.

Invite them for national team duties so as to help them qualify for work permits.

I would have taken Sadiq of Simi...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
Not necessarily, I just think a permanent move is always in their best interest. It takes players time to settle down in a new environment , some of them a whole season. I don't see these loan helps....imagine having to moblve to start all over again in another team just about the time you are beginning to settle into the system.

Invite them for national team duties so as to help them qualify for work permits.

It is a no no..knowing how we abuse everything. The national team is not for helping anyone to get work permit. The national team is where the best players available to the country come together. England is not the only country where they can play their trade.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

This is not an option. The NT is not for agents to use in getting their ward work permit.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote:

Virgil Van Dyke
Victor Wanyama Choma.

Typical Nigerians, more interested in name than substance. Chelsea sounds nice, how did that work out Omeruo?...If he does well and Rangers do well, he'll be playing in Europe next season, one way or another. The most likely scenario is, Gerrard is trialling players who may be somewhere on Liverpool's radar.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

This is not an option. The NT is not for agents to use in getting their ward work permit.
Au contraire, the US does it for some of their special players who needed national team invites to qualify for Work permits, especially in the UK.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I believe there is an element of oju kokoro on the part of the clubs loaning out their players.
They don't want to let them go until they are absolutely sure they are not required, whilst at the same time shifting the financial responsibilities over to the club the players are loaned out to.
That way, if the player blows up, they reclaim their t'ing one time and don't lose out.

I'm sure Chelsea in hindsight are thinking they woulda, shoulda, coulda been a little more patient with De Bryne and Mo Salah instead of getting rid of them outright after briefly loaning them out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

bros..Playing time l'omor....
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

Au contraire, the US does it for some of their special players who needed national team invites to qualify for Work permits, especially in the UK.
My dear Cellular, to start with it we need to be careful when we make these comparisons while ignoring the real problem we have on the ground. That US does it, does not make it something we should be doing..otherwise what stops every d#$% , tom and harry from ...aghh let me not even go on.

We are still trying to master the democracy they gave us..and now you want to add this one on top of our football issues..mba mba nunu :D

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
My dear Cellular, to start with it we need to be careful when we make these comparisons while ignoring the real problem we have on the ground. That US does it, does not make it something we should be doing..otherwise what stops every d#$% , tom and harry from ...aghh let me not even go on.

We are still trying to master the democracy they gave us..and now you want to add this one on top of our football issues..mba mba nunu :D
Dean,

We can identify special talents who need the assistance of our FA to improve their chances of getting a Work Permit.

The Sadiq, The Nwakalis, Osimhen, Awoniyi. Pick based on a position of need and ability.
We did it for our goalkeeping department why not for other position of need?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

Dean,

We can identify special talents who need the assistance of our FA to improve their chances of getting a Work Permit.

The Sadiq, The Nwakalis, Osimhen, Awoniyi. Pick based on a position of need and ability.
We did it for our goalkeeping department why not for other position of need?
An issue is the limited number of games that the SE has each year. Which coach would be willing to risk his job giving out caps to special talents just for work permit purposes in WC and ANC qualifiers?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

Chief Cell, how many"special talents" does Nigeria have? Who decides who are "special talents"?
Is it I Nigeria where self interest is the norm, where sn injured Moses Simon was being pushed to make the team so he can sign for Liverpool? Something that is more beneficial to his agent and the player?

So far son would class Nwakali, Sadiq and Onyekuru as special talents and I'm sure more can be added to the list. So for the sake of getting them into the EPL, they should all be given the chance to play 75% of the SE's games regardless of who the coach wants? Mba
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Coach wrote:
txj wrote:

Virgil Van Dyke
Victor Wanyama Choma.

Typical Nigerians, more interested in name than substance. Chelsea sounds nice, how did that work out Omeruo?...If he does well and Rangers do well, he'll be playing in Europe next season, one way or another. The most likely scenario is, Gerrard is trialling players who may be somewhere on Liverpool's radar.
Rangers are playing in the Europa League this season, so that's a bonus for Sadiq.
I am happy
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

Bro,
I disagree. Why should the national team invite players just to get work permit. If you are good enough, you would be invited and you would get a work permit.

And why Sadiq over Simi? Sadiq struggled to score one goal in the Serie A, Simi did it 7 times and even more goals than Sadiq scored in the dutch league.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm ..Its always good to remember these players and First human beings o and not just "commodities" or produce or product.. Its good to walk in their shoes for real to understand the wholeness of the decisions they make and lot harder than sitting to type and vilify them from the comfort of our homes.

Opari.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates