WC SEMI-FINAL: FRANCE VS BELGIUM ( 1-0) FT UMTITI

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WC SEMI-FINAL: FRANCE VS BELGIUM ( 1-0) FT UMTITI

Post by oloye »

juventuss wrote:
nanijoe wrote:France were the second youngest team in the tournament....
But 2022... experience... here to learn
Yeah I guess playing in the euro 2016 did not help in the team building. This French team just evolved, they did not go through any process...the bane of third world countries. We make a mockery of everything and leave the details out.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: WC SEMI-FINAL: FRANCE VS BELGIUM ( 1-0) 2H

Post by charlie »

kajifu wrote:
charlie wrote:Seriously, havent seen anything that has convinced me that England or Croatia has what it takes to beat either France or Belgium.
I can bet you did not see anything that convinced you when Belgium was facing Brazil....
Bro this games on another day is different stories.No one see Croatia beaten Argentina silly and win all 3 group games with ease.
Were you not the one willing to bet Nigeria could have won this WC in another thread? :rotf:

Yes, Anything can happen on the green grass. Just saying both Belgium and France have produced more impressive football in a
harder bracket, compared to England, who have still not been tested by any real competition yet.

Get pass Croatia first, then we can talk about France.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:
cchinukw wrote:England go hia wien.
Didier will lend his helping hand.
Never thought he had it in him, but he has been outstanding so far...

The use of Matuidi has been superb; gives the team a wonderful balance. He has him taking up some really strategic positions on the left side...found a little sweet spot for him on the inside between the belgian RWB and Toby
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Martinez has himself to blame, how many matches had Dembele played? He was clearly lacking match sharpness and it showed...these are the sort of brain farts that had England hoping he’d be in the opposite dugout on World Cup final day.
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

oloye wrote:
I beg make dem no just qualify....anything can happen in the final.....let Croatia just beat them abeg.
If they do get to the final, this French team will wipe the floor with them. England was lucky to get this far, avoiding all the top 10 teams and suddenly finding themselves in a World Cup Semifinal. However, luck and set-pieces can only carry you up to a point. Eventually you would be found out, except FIFA and their Referees swing it to them. Good thing is, the French shows today they can deal with free-kicks and corner-kicks. And they have a first eleven going into the Final.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
I beg make dem no just qualify....anything can happen in the final.....let Croatia just beat them abeg.
If they do get to the final, this French team will wipe the floor with them. England was lucky to get this far, avoiding all the top 10 teams and suddenly finding themselves in a World Cup Semifinal. However, luck and set-pieces can only carry you up to a point. Eventually you would be found out, except FIFA and their Referees swing it to them. Good thing is, the French shows today they can deal with free-kicks and corner-kicks. And they have a first eleven going into the Final.
Maybe they will....but football has heaped surprises where crap teams survive all the pressure only to get lucky. Greece sends their greetings.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
txj wrote:
analyzer wrote:Well done to France. a much more balanced team than Belgium. Loss of Munier was huge for Belgium IMO.. Kudos to Belgium & Martinez for a good run. Highlight is the win vs. Brazil.. Martinez will have to answer a few tactical questions.. No credible answer to French strong MF trio of Kante/Pogba/Matuidi

Hopefully, the French do not go to lose to England in the final..

Henry can secretly cheer when he gets back to his hotel room.
I thought Martinez was badly let down by Dembele. You would've expected him to more than match anyone on the field out there...
Dembele should have gone off a lot earlier. His sloppiness allowed France to get out of the cage and have a foothold in the game just when Belgium was preparing to ice them.
... but truetalk and them talk say Martinez sabi read game ba?

Meanwhile everyone could see that dembele was way off his normal level of performance long before they conceded.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Another 90 minutes for King Kompany. Science.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

French team has no obvious weakness except Giroud, maybe he scores the winner in the finals?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba was immense today, just went about business quietly
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

oloye wrote:
juventuss wrote:
Yeah I guess playing in the euro 2016 did not help in the team building. This French team just evolved, they did not go through any process...the bane of third world countries. We make a mockery of everything and leave the details out.
The same French team we played in 2014, played Euro in 2016 and are in the Final now in 2018. But, Nigeria thinks changing Coaches, players and NFF President every two years will get them to World Cup Final. :taunt: :lol: :lol: :roll:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
juventuss wrote:
The same French team we played in 2014, played Euro in 2016 and are in the Final now in 2018. But, Nigeria thinks changing Coaches, players and NFF President every two years will get them to World Cup Final. :taunt: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Well you just buttressed my point. Thanks! Maybe we are saying the same thing. Since 2014,they have played a major tournament the euro, while we were busy sacking coaches. So comparing ourselves with France should not even come up

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
Maybe they will....but football has heaped surprises where crap teams survive all the pressure only to get lucky. Greece sends their greetings.
True...One of those World Cups. I think most of the teams acknowledged the closing gaps and studied how to outwit opponents.

Wins are getting harder and the margins narrower.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

oloye wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
I am sure they have used up all their luck...starting with the game against Tunisia, to ending in a very easy half of the draw, to Colombia losing James Rodrigues and making a heavy work of their penalties. That’s a whole lot of luck for a team, don’t you think???? :roll: :roll:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Giroud ... logging in minutes. Too bad Lacazette ...never mind ... he is now a Chelsea player.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Matuidi, Kante, ZePog...If gets no better than this, its the hottest sh*t on the street, to move units like Shania Twain on a Mobb beat.

Fellani, Wittsel, Tintin...Anyone thinking Southgate wanted otherwise is insane!...And they haven't worked out OG Bobby Johnson yet.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

bepanda wrote:Giroud ... logging in minutes. Too bad Lacazette ...never mind ... he is now a Chelsea player.
That Belgium backline would've had Lacazette screaming rape. He isn't man enough, big or bad enough, to walk with the elephants. OG didn't do much, but check his pockets, more ivory than a Zimbabwe poacher.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

I hope Matuidi is ok. Dude has been solid
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

charlie wrote:
kajifu wrote:
charlie wrote:Seriously, havent seen anything that has convinced me that England or Croatia has what it takes to beat either France or Belgium.
I can bet you did not see anything that convinced you when Belgium was facing Brazil....
Bro this games on another day is different stories.No one see Croatia beaten Argentina silly and win all 3 group games with ease.
Were you not the one willing to bet Nigeria could have won this WC in another thread? :rotf:

Yes, Anything can happen on the green grass. Just saying both Belgium and France have produced more impressive football in a
harder bracket, compared to England, who have still not been tested by any real competition yet.

Get pass Croatia first, then we can talk about France.
No vex I still believe Rohr mess SE big time bro.SE suppose to be the team facing this England not Croatia .
I am hoping Croatia win it all,just cant stand England and France.
If SE get a new coach and put into details 2022 will be a fantastic opportunity to go and try to win it.
First you have to believe in it.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
I am sure they have used up all their luck...starting with the game against Tunisia, to ending in a very easy half of the draw, to Colombia losing James Rodrigues and making a heavy work of their penalties. That’s a whole lot of luck for a team, don’t you think???? :roll: :roll:
Me I don't want to see them.in final before I find out they have used up their luck. :lol:

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
juventuss wrote:
Absolutely not.
You have to invite & select players with the best ability to play, which was not done.
Also not taking to the world cup players with lesser ability or average players; to make matters worse taking players you have no confidence in putting on the field.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

France v England, half of my prediction met
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:Martinez has himself to blame, how many matches had Dembele played? He was clearly lacking match sharpness and it showed...these are the sort of brain farts that had England hoping he’d be in the opposite dugout on World Cup final day.
:clap: :clap:

Our Moussa was quite poor, same with our Kev

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: