Recently, everyone in France wanted Deschamp’s head

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Recently, everyone in France wanted Deschamp’s head

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) He was called unprintable names
(2) Especially after the 0-0 draw with Luxembourg at home
(3) He was written off as a tactical dunce
(4) Those of you calling for Rohr’s head be mindful of this
(5) Deschamp has become successful because he had time with the players
(6) Rohr needs to build his own team from scratch
(7) With the likes of Onyekuru, Nwakali, Nwankwo, Awaziem, Ebuehi, etc coming through, I think Rohr can do that
(8) Father Tiko had six years in charge
(9) Clemence Westerhoff had five years in charge
(10) I would give Rohr until 2022. If he fails then, yes, let him go
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Recently, everyone in France wanted Deschamp’s head

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Everytime a coach wins ...we hope Rohr builds a team like this...hahahaha...You act like Rohr is some accomplished Manager. Nigeria is not talented as France.

Abeg stop that wishing.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) He was called unprintable names
(7) With the likes of Onyekuru, Nwakali, Nwankwo, Awaziem, Ebuehi, etc coming through, I think Rohr can do that
If the French had any Nigerian DNA in them they would have gotten rid of Deschamps ages ago and since 2012 they'd have had 6 national team coaches come and go. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Everytime a coach wins ...we hope Rohr builds a team like this...hahahaha...You act like Rohr is some accomplished Manager. Nigeria is not talented as France.

Abeg stop that wishing.
Exactly. So you know?
Then why do people like you expect instant results, only to fail and do the same thing over again by firing the coach, expecting a different result?
Isnt that pure stupidity? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

So he needs to build his team from scratch?

You are a comedian.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Hmm... France and Nigeria have different problems.
France had talented players with bad attitudes in the last few years which Deschamps is fixing.

Naija on the other hand, has had talented coaches and average players... :taunt: :taunt:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Belgium sacked their coach after he failed in 2014 and 2016.They hire a good coach and you cant say Belgium is not one of the best team today,Some even book them as the best in this world cup.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Only a dishonest person will claim Rohr is not taking us in the right direction. Yes, many of his decisions are questionable but let us see what happens by the time he unearths more talent.

I fail to see one advantage of sacking him now. We will just be back to Square One.

He has uncovered some good players, has got them playing 3-5-2 well and we are defensively solid. His main challenge now is uncovering attacking talent. I say let him continue with the process.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Only a dishonest person will claim Rohr is not taking us in the right direction. Yes, many of his decisions are questionable but let us see what happens by the time he unearths more talent.

I fail to see one advantage of sacking him now. We will just be back to Square One.

He has uncovered some good players, has got them playing 3-5-2 well and we are defensively solid. His main challenge now is inverting attacking talent. I say let him continue with the process.

I would not a surgeon like Rohr operate on me. Dude, you have to believe in yourself and that is his main downfall.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

You cant make decisions when you are pissed off, i saw something different about the nigeria team, i saw a bit of progress in the way they played, let Rohr continue and give him the support needed
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Only a dishonest person will claim Rohr is not taking us in the right direction. Yes, many of his decisions are questionable but let us see what happens by the time he unearths more talent.

He has uncovered some good players, has got them playing 3-5-2 well and we are defensively solid. His main challenge now is uncovering attacking talent. I say let him continue with the process.

I don't disagree with you in general. However you said that he should build his own team from scratch which I find to be a comedic statement. First of all, the team that he took to the World Cup is his team. It's not like he came along and inherited someone else's team. So I'm not sure what your going on about. Secondly, he doesn't need to build from scratch. Rather we need to carry on from what has been done so far and keep plugging away. Nigeria has plenty of talent coming through that weren't quite ready for this World Cup, but should give us options going forward.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily endorse keeping Rohr until 2022. Ideally if the team keeps making progress then I'm all for it. The target for now should be the 2019 African Nations Cup. Rohr's current contract runs out in 2020. After the Nations Cup we can then evaluate whether Rohr has done enough to continue.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Deschamps is a clown. This French team is successful despite him and not because of him. In fact, if he was a decent coach, they should be blowing teams away. But he insists on crippling the talent he has by selecting donkeys like Giroud. Not to mention the fact that you don't need the insurance of a limited workhorse like Matuidi when you already have Kante, who is two players in one. Yes, Deschamps has succeeded in bringing them to a final, but it would have been more difficult to f*ck up considering the players he has.

It is madness likening a limited coach with a lot talent at his disposal with another limited coach like Rohr with limited talent. We don't even have the quality of players that France left at home! Nigeria needs a coach to get the best out of our limited talent, to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. Deschamps is the reverse - severely limiting a very talented bunch of players. And he could still contrive to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the final - like he did in the Euros at home in 2016.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:

I don't disagree with you in general. However you said that he should build his own team from scratch which I find to be a comedic statement. First of all, the team that he took to the World Cup is his team. It's not like he came along and inherited someone else's team. So I'm not sure what your going on about. Secondly, he doesn't need to build from scratch. Rather we need to carry on from what has been done so far and keep plugging away. Nigeria has plenty of talent coming through that weren't quite ready for this World Cup, but should give us options going forward.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily endorse keeping Rohr until 2022. Ideally if the team keeps making progress then I'm all for it. The target for now should be the 2019 African Nations Cup. Rohr's current contract runs out in 2020. After the Nations Cup we can then evaluate whether Rohr has done enough to continue.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mystic wrote:

Please show me where I used the word scratch.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Please tell us what else can Rohr offer us? Did you watch him standing like moron on the sidelines when Argentina was incessantly inundating Nigeria with waves of attacks and attacks. The feckless one stood there lack of any idea what to do to abate the attacks. Indubitable Mr Rohr has reached his peak with us thus on downward spiral. He has nothing else to offer. He did his best unfortunately his best is not good enough. There is no question about it under pressures he suffers mental lapses. He has shown that on numerous occasions time without number. If we want our soccer to go into oblivion the man should be retained. I bet you all when he is through SE will no longer be in existence .
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mystic wrote:So he needs to build his team from scratch?

You are a comedian.
Ayo forgets, only two years ago, France were in the finals of the European championships.

Despite getting to the Euro finals, his critics, who are not after him for results but for style of play, called for his head until this WC began.

The French federation stuck by him and rightfully so. But his critics are still there and they are not going away because they despise the way the team is playing and his selection. They feel the talent at the Coaches disposal means France should play the beautiful game. I admit they have a massive point and wonder if his selection are not politically influenced.

Deschamp, like Southgate, is a product of their football federation. He is a pair of safe hands they can trust and rely on to play the politics as well as get the results on the pitch.

The results have not shut up all his critics, but most are quiet for now, because France is winning and so long as he continues to win, it is the best way to give your critics a dirty slap.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Deschamp has done very well. Some great coaches do not play fancy football. Tite played very beautiful football and Belgium beat Brazil.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
If the French had any Nigerian DNA in them they would have gotten rid of Deschamps ages ago and since 2012 they'd have had 6 national team coaches come and go. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yes France stuck with their 'local' coach. If France was like Nigeria, they will be going after every journeyman because of his 'colour' of skin and calling 3 games and home as PROGRESS all because of color!

Deschamp succeeded (Euro Final, WC Final) so no reason based on performance to sack him. What's Rohr's performance in the last couple matches? Decline is evident. That should be arrested now!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bully12 wrote:Please tell us what else can Rohr offer us? Did you watch him standing like moron on the sidelines when Argentina was incessantly inundating Nigeria with waves of attacks and attacks. The feckless one stood there lack of any idea what to do to abate the attacks. Indubitable Mr Rohr has reached his peak with us thus on downward spiral. He has nothing else to offer. He did his best unfortunately his best is not good enough. There is no question about it under pressures he suffers mental lapses. He has shown that on numerous occasions time without number. If we want our soccer to go into oblivion the man should be retained. I bet you all when he is through SE will no longer be in existence .

[1] Some of you are being extremely unfair to Gernot Rohr
[2] Among other things, he has brought the likes of Uzoho, Ebuehi, Idowu, Ekong, Etebo, Nwankwo, Iwobi and Awaziem into the team
[3] He has also got us defending properly
[4] Rohr has also got the team to master the 3-5-2 formation
[5] I believe he surprised all of all us when he suddenly switched to a 3-5-2 formation at halftime against England, regaining the momentum in a game that was heading for a 0-4 loss
[6] He has also made some deft decisions in games like bringing Ebuehi on for Idowu in the game against Iceland
[7] My only beef with Rohr is his sentimental attachment to certain players who prosecuted the qualifiers. He simply refuses to let the likes of Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Abdulahi, Echiejile, etc go despite the fact that they have no business with the Eagles
[8] Deep down, I am sure Rohr regrets not taking the likes of Onyekuru and Nwakali to Russia. They would have made a huge difference. Hopefully, he will learn from this and be more open to looking at more players in future
[9] Rohr has the nucleus of a team, he just needs to work on finding four or five more top talents. If we have say four world class players in the team, there is nothing wrong with the tactics he deploys. Our problem is personnel, not tactics or formation
[10] He just needs the talent like Decshamps and he will be there
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

cic old boy wrote:Deschamps is a clown. This French team is successful despite him and not because of him. In fact, if he was a decent coach, they should be blowing teams away. But he insists on crippling the talent he has by selecting donkeys like Giroud. Not to mention the fact that you don't need the insurance of a limited workhorse like Matuidi when you already have Kante, who is two players in one. Yes, Deschamps has succeeded in bringing them to a final, but it would have been more difficult to f*ck up considering the players he has.

It is madness likening a limited coach with a lot talent at his disposal with another limited coach like Rohr with limited talent. We don't even have the quality of players that France left at home! Nigeria needs a coach to get the best out of our limited talent, to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. Deschamps is the reverse - severely limiting a very talented bunch of players. And he could still contrive to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the final - like he did in the Euros at home in 2016.
:clap: :clap:
Exactly what I said in France vBelgium thread. This French team with a good coach would be sweeping the opposition away in style. It would be like fishing with dynamite. Too easy. Deschamps handicaps them a lot. Playing a man down (Giroud), Griezman has offered nothing except set pieces and should have been subbed. The guy Deschamps is useless. France always has excellent players and a fool for a coach. Remember Raymond Domenique :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

cic old boy wrote:Deschamps is a clown. This French team is successful despite him and not because of him. In fact, if he was a decent coach, they should be blowing teams away. But he insists on crippling the talent he has by selecting donkeys like Giroud. Not to mention the fact that you don't need the insurance of a limited workhorse like Matuidi when you already have Kante, who is two players in one. Yes, Deschamps has succeeded in bringing them to a final, but it would have been more difficult to f*ck up considering the players he has.

Couldn't agree more.
:sneaky: with the part about Rohr that is.....

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Yes France stuck with their 'local' coach. If France was like Nigeria, they will be going after every journeyman because of his 'colour' of skin and calling 3 games and home as PROGRESS all because of color!

Deschamp succeeded (Euro Final, WC Final) so no reason based on performance to sack him. What's Rohr's performance in the last couple matches? Decline is evident. That should be arrested now!
Precisely. This 'comparison' pretends that Rohr and Deschamps
are equal in terms of achievement. They are NOT.

Biographically, they are miles apart. Rohr is a foreign journeyman
coach while Deschamps captained the French WC winning side and
is now coach of his country.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is when you know danfo driver is super clueless, he talked down Deschamps , praised Rohr, talked down Enyeama, boasts all over the forum singing dancing about the SE making the Q finals, and how France will get eliminated early because Deschamps who lost the euro finals on Pk wasn't good enough...but this danfo has picked race ever since
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved