The New U17 Team........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The New U17 Team........

Post by Damunk »

osita wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We have had overage players pass the MRI scan before. We all know an U17 player when we see one. We do not need FIFA to tell us how old are kids are.
Ayo, English expat you don come again, how can you use ur eyes to completely know who is 17 years or 16 years.

Can you predict Wayne Rooney age at 16years with his pictures? When is comes to oyibo u say nothing but Africans you talk crap,English expat :curse:
Ayo himself looks 25 years older than his age, so he should know better.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:We have had overage players pass the MRI scan before. We all know an U17 player when we see one. We do not need FIFA to tell us how old are kids are.
Ayo,

Did you really really make the above argument???? Bros, no fall persin hand again with dat kin argument, I take God beg you.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Damunk wrote:
marko wrote:I hope FIFA takes over the MRI screening of all under 17 players, if any player is deemed to fail the MRI checks, they should ban that country from all FIFA organised competitons for 10 years without appeal!
Marko, after all these years and countless debates, you STILL don't understand what the MRI does and how it works?
Shocking.
:boo: :boo: :boo:
I can't kpom this post enough. Failing an MRI test does not mean you are overage. It is borderline acceptable for it to be used to disqualify players but it should never ever be used to punish teams.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:Manu Garba need to teach the boys the same formation we will be using in the National team.

Teach them early the proper way to play the game. I don't care about the results.

We need to develop more technically sound players. Not kick and rush type of players. If Garba is not up to task, find a coach that can do it.
I agree. Personally I couldn't care less about these age grade teams anymore cos it seems we miss the point of having them. However if they change their objectives to what you suggested then I'll be more inclined to resume my interest.

This is where we should be making these kids focus on shooting with both feet, and with both the inside and outside of the foot), crossing, taking set pieces, heading etc. England is in the world cup semis PRIMARILY because of their set piece taking, crossing and heading abilities; and Nigeria is out because of its lack thereof, and inability to do same.

The pace at which both KDB struck and scored that second goal against Brazil, and Maguire headed that goal against Sweden, my lord.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marutimon wrote:BTW Did you notice the boneheaded qualifying format? Only one team from out region can qualify for the tournament, as Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and Burkina Faso will be battling it out for one slot!!!

Meanwhile another slot is taken by one of Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda.

Wow!!! WTH!:shock:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I witnessed the U17 Champs in the UAE and our magnficient performance there was sweet to behold. I will pay to watch Manu Garba's U17 teams any day. I think it is rather sad that the flurry of reaction on this thread has been on MRI scans and age fraud concerns. I will rather choose to appreciate the genius of Manu Garba and how he manages to not only recruit these boys at that level and get them to play an amazing style. I remember sitting by a pakistani in Dubai at the 2013 semi against Sweden who said with a twinkle in his eye, "sir, I just love nigerian football, sir."

I think we should be proud. As for translating our domination at U17 to a senior level, once we find a coach that understands our DNA and can get our SE to deliver accordingly, the rest of the world will hear. For a starting point, they should force Rohr to watch all our U17 matches.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Goldleaf wrote:I witnessed the U17 Champs in the UAE and our magnficient performance there was sweet to behold. I will pay to watch Manu Garba's U17 teams any day. I think it is rather sad that the flurry of reaction on this thread has been on MRI scans and age fraud concerns. I will rather choose to appreciate the genius of Manu Garba and how he manages to not only recruit these boys at that level and get them to play an amazing style. I remember sitting by a pakistani in Dubai at the 2013 semi against Sweden who said with a twinkle in his eye, "sir, I just love nigerian football, sir."

I think we should be proud. As for translating our domination at U17 to a senior level, once we find a coach that understands our DNA and can get our SE to deliver accordingly, the rest of the world will hear. For a starting point, they should force Rohr to watch all our U17 matches.
Was Manu Garba forced to watch all our u-17 matches? Why didn't his u-20 team play the same way in New Zealand?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:I witnessed the U17 Champs in the UAE and our magnficient performance there was sweet to behold. I will pay to watch Manu Garba's U17 teams any day. I think it is rather sad that the flurry of reaction on this thread has been on MRI scans and age fraud concerns. I will rather choose to appreciate the genius of Manu Garba and how he manages to not only recruit these boys at that level and get them to play an amazing style. I remember sitting by a pakistani in Dubai at the 2013 semi against Sweden who said with a twinkle in his eye, "sir, I just love nigerian football, sir."

Was Manu Garba forced to watch all our u-17 matches? Why didn't his u-20 team play the same way in New Zealand?
Ahem.......! :D :D :D
I dare to suggest that Manu Garba quickly became yet another victim of our terrible 'instant gratification' culture. He made some costly errors in the U20 WC and immediately the usual suspects all called for his head.

Nothing could convince the baying masses to give him another chance or recognize some of the hurdles he had to overcome (like the late, late arrival of the 'superstars' Iheanacho, and co. barely a day to our first match)
He was gone in an instant, with a barrage of unfounded corruption accusations following close behind.
Sound familiar? :idea:

You can check out the CE threads in case you've forgotten. :D
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Ahem.......! :D :D :D
I dare to suggest that Manu Garba quickly became yet another victim of our terrible 'instant gratification' culture. He made some costly errors in the U20 WC and immediately the usual suspects all called for his head.

Nothing could convince the baying masses to give him another chance or recognize some of the hurdles he had to overcome (like the late, late arrival of the 'superstars' Iheanacho, and co. barely a day to our first match)
He was gone in an instant, with a barrage of unfounded corruption accusations following close behind.
Sound familiar? :idea:

You can check out the CE threads in case you've forgotten. :D
nah so nah.. why you dey provide expo? :D

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

5 u17 world cup nothing has translated to success at the senior team yet. ...nothing to be proud about.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I believe the MRI system at U17 has failed and the competition should be scrapped. Our dominance increased after the introduction of MRI but that success has not translated to even the U20s talkless of the SE. I think players older than 17 are somehow able to get through the system in Nigeria. So we've done nothing to fix the age cheating situation. We simply throw as many players as possible at the MRI system and take the ones that come out at the other end regardless of their age.

FIFA should scrap the competition and encourage confederations to have regional youth competitions as a means to find young talent (this will hopefully reduce the number of age cheats looking to hijack the competition to get foreign contracts).

What convinced me that the MRI system has failed is this picture. IMO the taller guys in the picture are the genuine young ones and were only able to compete with the other guys (and make the team) due to their size, if not they would not have made the team.

"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Orion wrote:I believe the MRI system at U17 has failed and the competition should be scrapped. Our dominance increased after the introduction of MRI but that success has not translated to even the U20s talkless of the SE. I think players older than 17 are somehow able to get through the system in Nigeria. So we've done nothing to fix the age cheating situation. We simply throw as many players as possible at the MRI system and take the ones that come out at the other end regardless of their age.

FIFA should scrap the competition and encourage confederations to have regional youth competitions as a means to find young talent (this will hopefully reduce the number of age cheats looking to hijack the competition to get foreign contracts).

What convinced me that the MRI system has failed is this picture. IMO the taller guys in the picture are the genuine young ones and were only able to compete with the other guys (and make the team) due to their size, if not they would not have made the team.

Are these under 17s????????? :rotf: :taunt: :-x :?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

U17 success in the post MRI era means 2013 and 2015. That means the oldest players are 22.

The success rate of those U17 crops is much better already than anything we had in the past. 8 players from the 2013 crop are doing at least OK for themselves and one more is on the brink (Chidi Nwakali), while a few others are at decent clubs. That is possibly the highest success level of U17 players, regardless of nationality.

At least 4 players from the 2015 crops at the age of 18-19 are making headways at top European clubs (Osimhen, Okwonkwo, Chukwueze, Nwakali), with two more at good clubs (Kingsley Michael and Sunday Alimi).
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Orion wrote:I believe the MRI system at U17 has failed and the competition should be scrapped. Our dominance increased after the introduction of MRI but that success has not translated to even the U20s talkless of the SE. I think players older than 17 are somehow able to get through the system in Nigeria. So we've done nothing to fix the age cheating situation. We simply throw as many players as possible at the MRI system and take the ones that come out at the other end regardless of their age.

Bullshit. You guys are incredulous.

Just look at the 2013 crop. It's the most successful team in U17 World Cup history. And I'm talking in general. Not just in Nigerian history. No other Nigerian side has had this extent of progression to professional football.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Benedict Iroha wrote:5 u17 world cup nothing has translated to success at the senior team yet. ...nothing to be proud about.
Nothing you say?
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Let me get this straight, because Nigeria has not won a World Cup, FIFA should scrap U17 project?. That's some logic
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

KPOMed!

Indeed, any foreign coach aspiring to lead the Super Eagles should be made to spend countless hours watching our victorious Eaglets. Start from the class of Nwakwo Kanu of '93. Repeat the 2013 Manu's team (x2 at a time). This is a needful torture for all the wannabe journeymen thinking of flirting with our National Team. This is one institution that every Nigerian loves! Don't just come in here and dismantle our ingrained style and steel-hard mentality to approach matches.

If a coach does not add to what we already have, we should not allow such to take away our Jogo Bonito! I understand the need for continuity, but I am still pissed at Rohr's defeatist mindset (with his own words).
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Has anyone seen Rohr contract or the terms and conditins? What if Rohr was only required to be in the country 1 week a month? The Nigerian coach should be living in Nigeria so he travel all round the country looking for talent, at least watch the local league so he can scout for players
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

You sure know how to make an incoherent and bizarre argument. Hopefully you are not a lawyer? Because all your clients are destined for jail.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The star of the new U17 team -- Hassan Adamu. As they say Forget the shirt, Chop Rice, Leave Stone

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

olu wrote:I can't believe you actually took the time to provide him that info. Most on this forum would have rightfully refrained from answering his questions.

marutimon wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Can we please get the status of players of the last U17 team? Where are they now? Who is already retired?
I gather you mean the 2015 squad?

Kelechi Nwakali - Arsenal, 20 yo, on his way to Porto (apparently)
Samuel Chukweuze - Villareal, 19 yo, promoted to the first team
Orji Okonkwo - Bologna, 19 yo, making first team appearances
Victor Osimhen - Wolfsburg, 19 yo, making first team appearances
Kingsley Michael - Bologna, 18 yo, youth team
Joel Osikel - Domzal (Slovakia), 19 yo, making headway to first team
Fumsho Bamgboye - Szombathely (Hungary), 19 yo, making first team appearances
Akpan David Udoh - Bnei Sakhnin (Israel), 18 yo, youth team
Chinedu Madueke - AD Camacha (Portugal lower leagues), 19 yo
Christian Ebere - Rosario (Argentina), 19 yo, youth team
Sunday Alimi - Galatasaray (Turkey), 19 yo, youth team
Chisom Chiaha - Enugu Rangers (Nigeria), 20 yo
Truth be told I'm actually interested in how they are doing.
BTW they seem to be progressing better than the 2013 team.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:The star of the new U17 team -- Hassan Adamu. As they say Forget the shirt, Chop Rice, Leave Stone

Tell us more, please. :thumb:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk,

Here you go....
Meet Hassan Adamu -The Star Of The Newly Assembled Nigeria U17 Team
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/16/me ... -u17-team/
July 16, 2018033

Slim, young but deadly Hassan Adamu Ahmed has already earned himself the tag of the star player in the Nigeria U17 team who are currently training for their upcoming Africa Youth Championship Qualifiers in Abuja.

The 15 year old Football Academy Abuja midfielder has so far contributed more than 30 assists with about ten goals to his name in the close to 50 goals scored by the team in test games so far.

His ability to split open defences with passes which leaves defenders in their wake has overshadowed his poor marking abilities and his abilities to whip in daring balls from set piece has got everyone talking.

Speaking to Owngoalnigeria.com, the lanky midfielder revealed he originally hails from Kaduna state before he was spotted by the famous Abuja Academy which led to his invitation to the Nigeria U17 team.

The owner of a sublime range of passing, he uses this to marvellous effect, thus allowing him to bypass opposition lines of pressure, switch the angle of attacks, deliver defence-splitting through balls and engage in intricate link-up play in confined spaces.

Key to his efforts here also arrives through his capacity to weight his passes ideally to suit the requirements of the options he’s confronted with.

Coach Manu Garba who has produced ten players that have made the step up to the senior national team of Nigeria from his U17 team of the past will be hoping Hassan follows in the footsteps of Kelechi Iheanacho, Wilfred Ndidi, ‎Taiwo Awoniyi, Moses Simon among others in terms of excelling after training with him at youth level.