Recently, everyone in France wanted Deschamp’s head

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Recently, everyone in France wanted Deschamp’s head

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:This is when you know danfo driver is super clueless, he talked down Deschamps , praised Rohr, talked down Enyeama, boasts all over the forum singing dancing about the SE making the Q finals, and how France will get eliminated early because Deschamps who lost the euro finals on Pk wasn't good enough...but this danfo has picked race ever since
He said sooooooo many stupid things before the world cup, hin eye come shine now he's ran away from the forum. Along with what you noted:

- He talked down Croatia said they had no DM, asked who is gonna play DM? Modric? And laughed at them that our attack will run them over because they have no DM and are old. Not only has Modric been all over the midfield including DM, they have a chance to be in the Finals.
- He talked down Argentina, said how Ndidi would lock down their entire midfield, how we will top the group, how we finally have a unified team, none of the gucci slippers type incidents, no Enyeama to destabilize the team, that we are about to show the world blah blah blah
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The coach cannot be that bad if he is getting them into another final of a major tournament, when a cou try has too much talent, it is not that simple to pick the right team
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Only a dishonest person will claim Rohr is not taking us in the right direction. Yes, many of his decisions are questionable but let us see what happens by the time he unearths more talent.

I fail to see one advantage of sacking him now. We will just be back to Square One.

He has uncovered some good players, has got them playing 3-5-2 well and we are defensively solid. His main challenge now is uncovering attacking talent. I say let him continue with the process.

I don't disagree with you in general. However you said that he should build his own team from scratch which I find to be a comedic statement. First of all, the team that he took to the World Cup is his team. It's not like he came along and inherited someone else's team. So I'm not sure what your going on about. Secondly, he doesn't need to build from scratch. Rather we need to carry on from what has been done so far and keep plugging away. Nigeria has plenty of talent coming through that weren't quite ready for this World Cup, but should give us options going forward.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily endorse keeping Rohr until 2022. Ideally if the team keeps making progress then I'm all for it. The target for now should be the 2019 African Nations Cup. Rohr's current contract runs out in 2020. After the Nations Cup we can then evaluate whether Rohr has done enough to continue.
Please show me where I used the word scratch.
(1) He was called unprintable names
(2) Especially after the 0-0 draw with Luxembourg at home
(3) He was written off as a tactical dunce
(4) Those of you calling for Rohr’s head be mindful of this
(5) Deschamp has become successful because he had time with the players
(6) Rohr needs to build his own team from scratch
(7) With the likes of Onyekuru, Nwakali, Nwankwo, Awaziem, Ebuehi, etc coming through, I think Rohr can do that
(8) Father Tiko had six years in charge
(9) Clemence Westerhoff had five years in charge
(10) I would give Rohr until 2022. If he fails then, yes, let him go
If someone say you are not well no, you will claim they are abusing you.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Only a dishonest person will claim Rohr is not taking us in the right direction. Yes, many of his decisions are questionable but let us see what happens by the time he unearths more talent.

I fail to see one advantage of sacking him now. We will just be back to Square One.

He has uncovered some good players, has got them playing 3-5-2 well and we are defensively solid. His main challenge now is uncovering attacking talent. I say let him continue with the process.

I don't disagree with you in general. However you said that he should build his own team from scratch which I find to be a comedic statement. First of all, the team that he took to the World Cup is his team. It's not like he came along and inherited someone else's team. So I'm not sure what your going on about. Secondly, he doesn't need to build from scratch. Rather we need to carry on from what has been done so far and keep plugging away. Nigeria has plenty of talent coming through that weren't quite ready for this World Cup, but should give us options going forward.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily endorse keeping Rohr until 2022. Ideally if the team keeps making progress then I'm all for it. The target for now should be the 2019 African Nations Cup. Rohr's current contract runs out in 2020. After the Nations Cup we can then evaluate whether Rohr has done enough to continue.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mystic wrote:

Please show me where I used the word scratch.
(1) He was called unprintable names
(2) Especially after the 0-0 draw with Luxembourg at home
(3) He was written off as a tactical dunce
(4) Those of you calling for Rohr’s head be mindful of this
(5) Deschamp has become successful because he had time with the players
(6) Rohr needs to build his own team from scratch
(7) With the likes of Onyekuru, Nwakali, Nwankwo, Awaziem, Ebuehi, etc coming through, I think Rohr can do that
(8) Father Tiko had six years in charge
(9) Clemence Westerhoff had five years in charge
(10) I would give Rohr until 2022. If he fails then, yes, let him go
If someone say you are not well no, you will claim they are abusing you.
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote:Deschamps is a clown. This French team is successful despite him and not because of him. In fact, if he was a decent coach, they should be blowing teams away. But he insists on crippling the talent he has by selecting donkeys like Giroud. Not to mention the fact that you don't need the insurance of a limited workhorse like Matuidi when you already have Kante, who is two players in one. Yes, Deschamps has succeeded in bringing them to a final, but it would have been more difficult to f*ck up considering the players he has.

It is madness likening a limited coach with a lot talent at his disposal with another limited coach like Rohr with limited talent. We don't even have the quality of players that France left at home! Nigeria needs a coach to get the best out of our limited talent, to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. Deschamps is the reverse - severely limiting a very talented bunch of players. And he could still contrive to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the final - like he did in the Euros at home in 2016.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: Kpom kpom kpom kpom--I dey praise dis post with my kpom drum :thumbs:
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
bully12 wrote:Please tell us what else can Rohr offer us? Did you watch him standing like moron on the sidelines when Argentina was incessantly inundating Nigeria with waves of attacks and attacks. The feckless one stood there lack of any idea what to do to abate the attacks. Indubitable Mr Rohr has reached his peak with us thus on downward spiral. He has nothing else to offer. He did his best unfortunately his best is not good enough. There is no question about it under pressures he suffers mental lapses. He has shown that on numerous occasions time without number. If we want our soccer to go into oblivion the man should be retained. I bet you all when he is through SE will no longer be in existence .

[1] Some of you are being extremely unfair to Gernot Rohr
[2] Among other things, he has brought the likes of Uzoho, Ebuehi, Idowu, Ekong, Etebo, Nwankwo, Iwobi and Awaziem into the team
[3] He has also got us defending properly
[4] Rohr has also got the team to master the 3-5-2 formation
[5] I believe he surprised all of all us when he suddenly switched to a 3-5-2 formation at halftime against England, regaining the momentum in a game that was heading for a 0-4 loss
[6] He has also made some deft decisions in games like bringing Ebuehi on for Idowu in the game against Iceland
[7] My only beef with Rohr is his sentimental attachment to certain players who prosecuted the qualifiers. He simply refuses to let the likes of Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Abdulahi, Echiejile, etc go despite the fact that they have no business with the Eagles
[8] Deep down, I am sure Rohr regrets not taking the likes of Onyekuru and Nwakali to Russia. They would have made a huge difference. Hopefully, he will learn from this and be more open to looking at more players in future
[9] Rohr has the nucleus of a team, he just needs to work on finding four or five more top talents. If we have say four world class players in the team, there is nothing wrong with the tactics he deploys. Our problem is personnel, not tactics or formation
[10] He just needs the talent like Decshamps and he will be there
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: A team that is leaking goals left, right, and center. I will say Rohr's biggest problem is that he does not seem to have a type of players he is looking for instead his policy seem to be if they are playing in Europe = good and playing in Nigeria = bad. Its a lazy and inept way to select players and it means that he will have inconsistent results and disjointed play on the field. A coach needs to know the kind of players he is looking for: style of play, physical build, height, speed, stamina, comfort level on the ball etc. If a coach knows that then he will spot such a player when he sees him and it does not matter what league he plays in. Its the way Westerhoff spotted Amokachi when he was playing for Ranchers bees. Other issues I see in him is that he is a poor game manager and poor evaluator of Nigerian talent.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Like i said, nobody knows the details of Rohr contract where he is supposed to reside, maybe he is only required to be in Nigeria perhaps once a month? Who knows? This is where NFF comes to play

Any coach hired by Nigeria is supposed to live in the country and help develop new talent for the national team, the coach is expected to watch the top domestic league games to scout for future super eagles players

Since the domestic league is not that good, i will expect the coach to use his contacts in Europe to find top talent decent club sides in Europe, i heard Westerhof was good at this

Searching for average players of Nigerian descent is just plain lazy when raw talent exists in Nigeria

Then of course this will be a sackable offence in my books, but then, you dont what type of contract Rohr signed with the NFF
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marko wrote:Like i said, nobody knows the details of Rohr contract where he is supposed to reside, maybe he is only required to be in Nigeria perhaps once a month? Who knows? This is where NFF comes to play

Any coach hired by Nigeria is supposed to live in the country and help develop new talent for the national team, the coach is expected to watch the top domestic league games to scout for future super eagles players

Since the domestic league is not that good, i will expect the coach to use his contacts in Europe to find top talent decent club sides in Europe, i heard Westerhof was good at this

Searching for average players of Nigerian descent is just plain lazy when raw talent exists in Nigeria

Then of course this will be a sackable offence in my books, but then, you dont what type of contract Rohr signed with the NFF

A simple google search will provide the answers you need.
“When the Federation engaged me, and told me I had to live in Nigeria, I agreed to it because I believed that my base has to be in the country where I work. I did the same in Niger, Burkina Faso and Gabon, and I do not see it any differently in Nigeria,” Rohr added in a statement.
http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/didnt-re ... oach-rohr/
Sport journalist Osasu Obayiuwana revealed on twitter that he is ready to reside in Nigeria once the accommodation is ready. “I am looking forward to settling down in Abuja, as soon as my apartment, as promised by the NFF is arranged,” he said. “I will be watching league matches across Nigeria to search for talents, in addition to using the players in Europe”.

Read more: https://www.naija.ng/945937-super-eagle ... tml#945937

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

metalalloy wrote:
Sport journalist Osasu Obayiuwana revealed on twitter that he is ready to reside in Nigeria once the accommodation is ready. “I am looking forward to settling down in Abuja, as soon as my apartment, as promised by the NFF is arranged,” he said. “I will be watching league matches across Nigeria to search for talents, in addition to using the players in Europe”.

So after two years his accommodation is not yet ready?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

bully12 wrote:Please tell us what else can Rohr offer us? Did you watch him standing like moron on the sidelines when Argentina was incessantly inundating Nigeria with waves of attacks and attacks. The feckless one stood there lack of any idea what to do to abate the attacks. Indubitable Mr Rohr has reached his peak with us thus on downward spiral. He has nothing else to offer. He did his best unfortunately his best is not good enough. There is no question about it under pressures he suffers mental lapses. He has shown that on numerous occasions time without number. If we want our soccer to go into oblivion the man should be retained. I bet you all when he is through SE will no longer be in existence .
Rohr is taking us nowhere. We are on a downward trend with his style and philosophy. This is our record in 2018:

NIGERIA IN 2018 UNDER ROHR
Played - 8
Won - 2
Lost - 5
Drew - 1
Goals For - 6 (2 penalties by VicMo)
Goals Against - 10

If anyone has paid close attention, we have been bad since the Zambian and Algerian World cup qualifiers. Aside from that second half against Argentina where the players were inspired not to lose, it's been largely us being outplayed overall. Rohr is a coach that wants it safe in terms of approach and personnel, and you can't succeed with a Nigerian team built on dynamism, explosiveness, speed and skill, playing in an ultra-conservative fashion with wrong personnel. Rohr reached his limit with qualification (and he needs to send weekly flowers to Ikeme, Mikel and Moses for that). I just don't see him taking us further.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Everytime a coach wins ...we hope Rohr builds a team like this...hahahaha...You act like Rohr is some accomplished Manager. Nigeria is not talented as France.

Abeg stop that wishing.
in term of talent , yes!
talent does not make you perform well alone ,in term of organisation we are so poor for instant before the world cup what are the players flying back to Nigeria from Abuja to Uyo from Uyo to Port harcourt for president hand?shake to and fro LOL.. even victor Moses have to wait in England before they join him that is two weeks to the world cup.
and also look and the recent problem between NFF CHAIRMAN and stupid government, sport minister is supporting the Giwa that they should go with court rule that they should allow him to take over,,this almost going to 4 years .how many time they have to lecture this people that FIFA IS BODY ON HIS OWN. IF you can not abide with there rules then you can play with in your country ,no caf or any ouside competition..anyway these people never stop to amaze me..
thanks
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

fabio wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

So after two years his accommodation is not yet ready?
Go ask your NFF nah. The article is a year old.