WORLD CUP DEMISTIFIED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
WORLD CUP DEMISTIFIED

Post by jette1 »

One thing that was obvious in Russia - World cup is not where you go to wao everyone with your skills because at the end of the day it's either you have your maximum or minimum point required to advance to next stage. And once in knockout stage the skills requirements decreases even further because all you need is keep the ball out of your net for 120 minutes. And this is why Mugu Rohrs insinuations and naivetés about coming to learn hurts the most. How all these idiots in the business all these years not grasps this simple concept. if you made it to the world cup there aint no sheeeet to learn. Qualification is in fact more difficult than actual world cup. In my life time Russia probably is the most fair world cup ever played since its inception. And teams like Russia, Japan, Sweden and rest of them who made it to quarter finals did not but employed this simple strategy.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WORLD CUP DEMISTIFIED

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote:One thing that was obvious in Russia - World cup is not where you go to wao everyone with your skills because at the end of the day it's either you have your maximum or minimum point required to advance to next stage. And once in knockout stage the skills requirements decreases even further because all you need is keep the ball out of your net for 120 minutes. And this is why Mugu Rohrs insinuations and naivetés about coming to learn hurts the most. How all these idiots in the business all these years not grasps this simple concept. if you made it to the world cup there aint no sheeeet to learn. Qualification is in fact more difficult than actual world cup. In my life time Russia probably is the most fair world cup ever played since its inception. And teams like Russia, Japan, Sweden and rest of them who made it to quarter finals did not but employed this simple strategy.
Nigeria wasn’t ready it’s that simple,I don’t even see the point in crying over spilt milk or blaming a particular person,things could have been better from tatics to selections and decisions on the pitch by the players themselves but I seriously doubt it they would have beaten France if they made it out of the group.Its nothing new Nigeria recruited a manager just as the World Cup qualifiers started but even that’s better than the days when they hired managers with 2 months to go before the tournament,the NFF or NFA don’t really know what they want from a manager and will trust them if they are from Europe regardless.I personally don’t think Rohr is that bad a Coach but he was indecisive on his tactics but despite that it was close to repeating Nigeria’s best performances and that would had been getting out of the group and losing,if Nigeria want try a full cycle and keep the Coach so that he can continue and improve with players they should but if they want to sack him they shouldn’t have agreed to keep him till the next Afcon as that will be too late to start rebuilding with a new coach!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
jette1 wrote:One thing that was obvious in Russia - World cup is not where you go to wao everyone with your skills because at the end of the day it's either you have your maximum or minimum point required to advance to next stage. And once in knockout stage the skills requirements decreases even further because all you need is keep the ball out of your net for 120 minutes. And this is why Mugu Rohrs insinuations and naivetés about coming to learn hurts the most. How all these idiots in the business all these years not grasps this simple concept. if you made it to the world cup there aint no sheeeet to learn. Qualification is in fact more difficult than actual world cup. In my life time Russia probably is the most fair world cup ever played since its inception. And teams like Russia, Japan, Sweden and rest of them who made it to quarter finals did not but employed this simple strategy.
Nigeria wasn’t ready it’s that simple,I don’t even see the point in crying over spilt milk or blaming a particular person,things could have been better from tatics to selections and decisions on the pitch by the players themselves but I seriously doubt it they would have beaten France if they made it out of the group.Its nothing new Nigeria recruited a manager just as the World Cup qualifiers started but even that’s better than the days when they hired managers with 2 months to go before the tournament,the NFF or NFA don’t really know what they want from a manager and will trust them if they are from Europe regardless.I personally don’t think Rohr is that bad a Coach but he was indecisive on his tactics but despite that it was close to repeating Nigeria’s best performances and that would had been getting out of the group and losing,if Nigeria want try a full cycle and keep the Coach so that he can continue and improve with players they should but if they want to sack him they shouldn’t have agreed to keep him till the next Afcon as that will be too late to start rebuilding with a new coach!
. there's nothing to be ready for. World cup is in fact like the FA CUP. anyone can participate and anyone can win

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
. there's nothing to be ready for. World cup is in fact like the FA CUP. anyone can participate and anyone can win
In theory, yes.
But the evidenced-based reality is that not everybody can win.
In theory, any team at any level of football can win a football match against any other 11-man team. That's the beauty of the game and the peculiar allure of the FA Cup, but facts on ground demonstrate that the cups are eventually collected by the 'big boys', whether at club or national level.

I still feel it applies even in this phenomenal WC and the miracle will be if either Croatia or Belgium win it. Becos otherwise its the same old story of the exclusive Big Boys' Club member going home with 'their' football.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Club football is different,organised nations don’t have a monopoly on winning titles by luck,if you fail to prepare then prepare to fail,now that’s the difference between a serious team and one that gambles,you
won’t get something for nothing we even brought Echijile along!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

How can Nigeria not be ready, we qualified by beating Zambia, Algeria, and Cameroon with a game to spare, we have 10 players plying their trade in three of the top football leagues the EPL, Bundesliga, and Seria A. We recruited a manager close to two years before the 2018 WC (Rohr was recruited in August 2016)

What are the criteria for being ready?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

realtrouble wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

How can Nigeria not be ready, we qualified by beating Zambia, Algeria, and Cameroon with a game to spare, we have 10 players plying their trade in three of the top football leagues the EPL, Bundesliga, and Seria A. We recruited a manager close to two years before the 2018 WC (Rohr was recruited in August 2016)

What are the criteria for being ready?
Ok watch what will happen by next summer and trace it back to recent years,Managers come and go like fast food in Nigeria,players are shuffled and brought back then a major tournament starts then it starts again,we are lucky we didn’t qualify to the last AFCON we would have probably panicked and sacked Rohr and started again and probably have not qualified to the World Cup!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

jette1 wrote:. there's nothing to be ready for.
World cup is in fact like the FA CUP. anyone can participate and anyone can win
I'm sure you wrote the above when tired or inebriated. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please get some rest, and come back to restate your point.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

joao wrote:
:rotf: Yeah I guess he hasn’t had enough time to think this summer!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
joao wrote:
I have thought it over x10; but not everyone can participate since obviously not everyone can qualify but if you qualified you have already proven you have nothing further to learn from the other qualifiers hence you are there as a bona fide contender

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
joao wrote:
I have thought it over x10; but not everyone can participate since obviously not everyone can qualify but if you qualified you have already proven you have nothing further to learn from the other qualifiers hence you are there as a bona fide contender
They didn't qualify beating World Champions so I don't think you thought it through,Nigeria did well in the qualifiers but Croatia,Iceland and Argentina are a step up from there,Nigeria lacked a few things and that was apparent during friendlies against European opposition,Panama qualified but it would be wrong to say they where ready to win a World Cup :rotf: :rotf: Not Anyone can win something that serious contenders have been preparing for years ago!
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

These English players , Lingard had time to shift the ball before shooting. Honestly :(