Croatia vs England match 2-1 Tripper perisic FT Manduzkic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Curve whiz
Egg
Egg
Re: Croatia vs England match 2-1 Tripper perisic FT Manduzki

Post by Curve whiz »

joplass wrote:Useless England. This bracket was really soft. France should steam roll this Croatia.
You think? Croatia have sleepwalked into every match so far, but they always come back very strong in the second half. If France underrates these battle hardened Croats, they would regret it like the Euros.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:
ohsee wrote:
oloye wrote:You can only go so far beating up teams like Tunisia and Panama.
:lol: :lol:
Can you imagine the likeness? You beat Tunisia and Panama, and you think you have already won the World Cup? This people sabi make mout. :lol: Mandzukic for MVP :thumbs:
once you said england would win the world cup i knew Croatia would do it, thanks Clay! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Na confusion catch me when Ingland started pretending they were Real Madrid. :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

England have nothing to be ashamed of, they should welcome the boys home irrespective whether Belgium beats them or not, they should encourage the team to do better things, next 2-3 years, some of these players will be experienced and come back stronger
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

ohsee wrote:
oloye wrote:You can only go so far beating up teams like Tunisia and Panama.
Can you imagine the likeness? You beat Tunisia and Panama, and you think you have already won the World Cup? This people sabi make mout. :lol: Mandzukic for MVP :thumbs:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Looks like England have found their best GK since David Seaman.
Pickford will be a top class goalie for a long time to come.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

wale1974 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Dr. Wazobia wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
green4life wrote:Fackiiiiing warriors! I love em!!
you love them before or after you counted them out? :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: England have only themselves to blame sha
We missed too many chances. It’s a sad night....
what chances were those? you had one shot on target

Why don't you remove your Bias and Hater hat and go look at the replay........................Where is Sam's Army again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
22 shots by Croatia, 7 on target. 11 for England with 1 on target: Not exactly sure what“ “many chances” it is English “pundits” may be referring to...
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

marko wrote:England have nothing to be ashamed of, they should welcome the boys home irrespective whether Belgium beats them or not, they should encourage the team to do better things, next 2-3 years, some of these players will be experienced and come back stronger
They would never get a draw this easy again. Never. At least when Belgium bashed them this time, they wouldn’t say they lost tactically to avoid a tough half of the draw :taunt: :roll: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Why did he take off Sterling? To those racist b#sta*ds in the racist press I say, Karma is a nice lady.
Aw common Waffiman are you saying this is the first time he took off a tired Sterling. If anything England lost not because of the substitution but simply because when they had the upper hand they thought football was already coming home forgetting they have to play 90 minutes
Took him off too early.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Why did he take off Sterling? To those racist b#sta*ds in the racist press I say, Karma is a nice lady.
Aw common Waffiman are you saying this is the first time he took off a tired Sterling. If anything England lost not because of the substitution but simply because when they had the upper hand they thought football was already coming home forgetting they have to play 90 minutes
Took him off too early.
For real....
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Its coming home
ts coming home
s coming home
coming home
oming home
ming home
ing home
ng home
g home
home
ome
me
we
we'r
we're
we're c
we're co
we're com
we're comi
we're comin
we're coming
we're coming h
we're coming ho
we're coming hom
we're coming home
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Curve whiz wrote:
marko wrote:England have nothing to be ashamed of, they should welcome the boys home irrespective whether Belgium beats them or not, they should encourage the team to do better things, next 2-3 years, some of these players will be experienced and come back stronger
They would never get a draw this easy again. Never. At least when Belgium bashed them this time, they wouldn’t say they lost tactically to avoid a tough half of the draw :taunt: :roll: :lol:
They should not worry too much what group they are put in, they have improved as a team, there will be more players cominqg through the ranks, what is a missing is a creative midfield player like a Pogba or Modric
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Could anyone imagine this England team winning the world cup? The more talented team qualified. Thats good for football. This England team seems young, so they have time to mature. They were not strong mentally but they could improve in the next tournaments.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Both teams looked bad.
But if Croatia wins this, this will be a travesty. Save for one game vs Argentina they have been more like Greece than anything else.
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

Not impressed with either team. Small details decided this..both teams playing crap IMO.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This Pickford accent and lisp is a problem in addition to the loss. Doing my head in.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Just imagine England had a creative player like Jack Wilshere in their rank...
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

marutimon wrote:Both teams looked bad.
But if Croatia wins this, this will be a travesty. Save for one game vs Argentina they have been more like Greece than anything else.

You are off your rocker.

Greece never played like Croatia does. Nor has anything close to the class of players we have.

We've made the semifinals twice in the past 20 years and had some good Euro performances. Producing a pipeline of players.

We beat a gauntlet of opponents so far, not by luck, but by skill, out possessing everybody but Argentina.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

guest83 wrote:Not impressed with either team. Small details decided this..both teams playing crap IMO.
Lets face it. The moment Russia eliminated Spain this half of the ladder was way weaker than the other half.

France and Belgium were by far better than anything in this half of the ladder.

Croatia played one good game of football in this entire competition, yet plod their way into the final. Lets hope antifootball doesn't win the trophy (albeit the antics of Matuidi and Mbappe deserve a dishonorable mention as well).
Last edited by marutimon on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Well done lads. You brought the nation together and gave us a summer to remember. You will return to these shores as legends....
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

marutimon wrote:
guest83 wrote:Not impressed with either team. Small details decided this..both teams playing crap IMO.
Lets face it. The moment Russia eliminated Spain this half of the ladder was way weaker than the other half.

France and Belgium were by far better than anything in this half of the ladder.

France did not beat a Denmark that hadn't lost in the previous 18 games in the 1st round. But Croatia did when it had to. It's not the transitive property, but I think Croatia still stacks up well to a very good French team that is favorite in the final.

Let's see.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Postives for England- they have learnt to pass the ball from behind, no more kick and rush

Negatives- Absense of a play maker like Modric, Pogba, these types of players makes a huge difference in these close games, England need to find a player like this, i saw some under 20 player, think he plays for man city, maybe time for Soutgate to look at other players

When it bores down to it, we have the likes of man united, Real madrid, barcelona, inter milan, Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, Tottenham, athletico madrid representing in the finals

These guys do it week in week out, huge games by big name players, class always counts at the end if the day

Marko
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

mate wrote:

You are off your rocker.

Greece never played like Croatia does. Nor has anything close to the class of players we have.

We've made the semifinals twice in the past 20 years and had some good Euro performances. Producing a pipeline of players.

We beat a gauntlet of opponents so far, not by luck, but by skill, out possessing everybody but Argentina.
Nigeria that totally messed up their first game, an atrocious Argentina side, Iceland, Denmark on penalties, Russia on penalties, England... All knockout phase games among the most sleep inducing matches in World Cup history. Hardly the stuff of legends.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This must be a joke.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley