ENGLAND A CLEAR REFERENCE POINT TO ROHR's CRIMINALITY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ENGLAND A CLEAR REFERENCE POINT TO ROHR's CRIMINALITY

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marko wrote:English FA investment in football yearly 180M pounds, Nigeria investment in football?

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/01/09/09 ... 018-090118

Please this has nothing to do with Rohr, this is bigger than any foreign coach, UK investments are clearly paying off
Nigeria never where serious contenders we are just scrapping the barrel,Nigeria's best players where trained abroad and some born and raised abroad the NFA have nothing to do with their football upbringing but yet Nigerians are confused why they struggle at the highest level of international football.Nigeria only qualified to one AFCON since 2010 (and won the last one they qualified for 2013 with Nigerian coach S.Keshi RIP) and the NFA dosent own its own academy or football specific stadia,come running on wake up!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:English FA investment in football yearly 180M pounds, Nigeria investment in football?

Please this has nothing to do with Rohr, this is bigger than any foreign coach, UK investments are clearly paying off
Nigeria never where serious contenders we are just scrapping the barrel,Nigeria's best players where trained abroad and some born and raised abroad the NFA have nothing to do with their football upbringing but yet Nigerians are confused why they struggle at the highest level of international football.Nigeria only qualified to one AFCON since 2010 (and won the last one they qualified for 2013 with Nigerian coach S.Keshi RIP) and the NFA dosent own its own academy or football specific stadia,come running on wake up!
Where is coach to come explain what happened with all the English investment. Investment my arsssssr
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A semi-final and a chance to place on the podium. It’s not coming home, but stayed on tour a helluva lot longer than many heavyweights: Brazil, Spain, Germany...If Nigeria could achieve what they have minus a week, it would be a miracle. Football’s not coming home, but for the briefest of moments, it went to view the property. Other properties didn’t even have their link clicked. Never will. Sadly.

In the end, it’s Deputy Igwe’s to lose.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

jette1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

Where is coach to come explain what happened with all the English investment. Investment my arsssssr
Their investment has surely paid off, semi finals is a good return in my books, France deserved to be in the finals as well as croatia, they have been there before as far as 3rd place is concerned
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Coach wrote:A semi-final and a chance to place on the podium. It’s not coming home, but stayed on tour a helluva lot longer than many heavyweights: Brazil, Spain, Germany...If Nigeria could achieve what they have minus a week, it would be a miracle. Football’s not coming home, but for the briefest of moments, it went to view the property. Other properties didn’t even have their link clicked. Never will. Sadly.

You pretty much conceded so I will not punch a man while he is already down but all your elegant elaborate write up on how England is in space age about sports medicine and how lingard can sprint extra 7 miles while other nations are cramping made me laugh when the English players were falling left and right cramping like a bunch of teenage girls who just got their first menses :lol: :lol:

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:A semi-final and a chance to place on the podium. It’s not coming home, but stayed on tour a helluva lot longer than many heavyweights: Brazil, Spain, Germany...If Nigeria could achieve what they have minus a week, it would be a miracle. Football’s not coming home, but for the briefest of moments, it went to view the property. Other properties didn’t even have their link clicked. Never will. Sadly.

Nna, so England took the easy route and still lost. :D

They really did a number on you. It was never coming home. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Jette, football is no longer a mere sport rather a sporting science. Yesterday England met more than their equal, not only in thought, but application. Croatia had played more minutes, covered more distance and were a man down 24 hours before kickoff. Twenty four hours later, the fullback is back to full fitness and as the dying embers approach, those well run legs are energised with every stride. How did they do it? None expected England to win the lot, fewer predicted a semi-final, but what they have certainly achieved is reward for their revolution. Croatia pulled them left and right, the rise of Luka Modric in the second half and beyond, must be studied by all.

England are by no means sole custodians of all scientific knowledge, they’re chasing the leaders, far from the front but running in the right direction, whilst others are standing still. This World Cup has been a celebration of the sciences, Vincent Kompany, how many consecutive 90 minutes, the Russians running, that chap who pulled a hamstring and returned in a week, Lingard’s sprint speeds at 90 minutes. That is where the game has gone. Every African team was eliminated at the earliest possibility, one will say with a degree of confidence, not one of them has invested in or acknowledged the sciences. Till they do, it’ll be much of the same.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Coach wrote:@Jette, football is no longer a mere sport rather a sporting science. Yesterday England met more than their equal, not only in thought, but application. Croatia had played more minutes, covered more distance and were a man down 24 hours before kickoff. Twenty four hours later, the fullback is back to full fitness and as the dying embers approach, those well run legs are energised with every stride. How did they do it? None expected England to win the lot, fewer predicted a semi-final, but what they have certainly achieved is reward for their revolution. Croatia pulled them left and right, the rise of Luka Modric in the second half and beyond, must be studied by all.

England are by no means sole custodians of all scientific knowledge, they’re chasing the leaders, far from the front but running in the right direction, whilst others are standing still. This World Cup has been a celebration of the sciences, Vincent Kompany, how many consecutive 90 minutes, the Russians running, that chap who pulled a hamstring and returned in a week, Lingard’s sprint speeds at 90 minutes. That is where the game has gone. Every African team was eliminated at the earliest possibility, one will say with a degree of confidence, not one of them has invested in or acknowledged the sciences. Till they do, it’ll be much of the same.
My point is that you didn’t leave yourself room to escape per your previous absolute narrative on English perceived superiority via their investment in sports science. Sports science is infact not even as new as you are painting. Perhaps it might be relatively new in soccer but certainly not in The NFL and NBA. No one is dismissing the role of sports science but relative to the English team you sang their praises to the high haven until they come crashing and now you are dancing around as if your previous post went extinct. But no surprises here brother

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Who said it’s new and who claimed England were at the forefront of the new age? Reference was made to Team GB and a change in ethos in education and curriculum. From team meals to individualised for players in different positions. From lucozades to liquids packed with electrolytes and various other legal performance enhancers. From a month out for a hamstring pull to a weeks rest. From a few matches in a season to consecutive full nineties. No, twas never argued that England are at the front of the science, rather they’ve woken up to the need to follow cue. Sports science has been around since the beginning of sporting competition, but much has been learnt about performance enhancement and England are learning at a fast rate.

What of Nigeria or Africa as a whole? Did Rohr have data on John Obi’s muscle density and thus know when his body was set to fail? What situational training did Ighalo have to aid his decisiveness. Was Rohr aware of Moses’ average sprint speed in each decile? And the point at which his reaction became detrimental? What was Etebo’s most successful passing route and how was this incorporated strategically? Vincent Kompany played how many full nineties? A Russian lad seemingly ran off a hamstring injury. Does Africa boast such science?
Last edited by Coach on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Coach wrote:Who said it’s new and who claimed England were at the forefront of the new age? Reference was made to Team GB and a change in ethos in education and curriculum. From team meals to individualised for players in different positions. From lucozades to liquids packed with electrolytes and various other legal performance enhancers. From a month out for a hamstring pull to a weeks rest. From a few matches in a season to consecutive full nineties. No, twas never argued that England are at the front of the science, rather they’ve woken up to the need to follow cue. Sports science has been around since the beginning of sporting competition, but much has been learnt about performance enhancement and England are learning at a fast rate.

What of Nigeria or Africa as a whole? Did Rohr has data on John Obi’s muscle density and thus know when his body was set to fail? What situational training did Ighalo have to aid his decisiveness. Was Rohr aware of Moses’ average sprint speed in each decile? And the point at which his reaction became detrimental? What was Etebo’s most successful passing route and how was this incorporated strategically? Vincent Kompany played how many full nineties? A Russian lad seemingly ran off a hamstring injury. Does Africa boast such science?
With all the science in the world European and American athletes have yet to beat athletes from Kenya, Ethiopia and Morocco in long distance races.

Where African teams have gone wrong is not science which is easily available but in developing their attacking style. Nigeria was emphasizing defense and yet conceded four goals in three matches while scoring just 3.

It's like comparing Real Madrid under Mourinho with Zidane. Zidane emphasized attack and has gotten three champions League trophies. Mourinho meanwhile has coached three clubs with some of the greatest attacking players in the game and can only boast of one.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It is all science. A 6ft 4 inch Jamaican, defies what was once considered gospel of athleticism, to run 100m in 9.58 seconds, all the while clocking disadvantageous reaction times. Its new science brethren and till Africa wakes up to the new, it will remain the same old, same old. Again, that Russian chap who put the cross in for the equaliser vs Croatia, pulled a hamstring that should've ended his tournament, yet there he was. Vincent Kompany strolling through consecutive full nineties. The Croatia fullback who was ruled out 24 hours earlier. Theres only so far skill will take you, performance enhancement is crucial and the frontrunners have the blend of exercises and adjuncts that put them at the advantage. Theres no reason why Nigeria are lagging behind, besides Nigeria themselves. Must everything be third world? At what point will they shed that condemning chrysalis and be first world in something?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:This WC has come too soon for England but they'll be big players at the next WC and the next Euros.

All credit to them. They are ahead of schedule.
They just need some creativity in central midfield or a number 10. They are indeed ahead of schedule.

Also, the fatigue that affected the English players, will eventually convince the doubters about the need for a winter break. I know they already have plans to do this but there are resisters. This WC will have the effect of the winter break and VAR in the EPL.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Coach wrote:It is all science. A 6ft 4 inch Jamaican, defies what was once considered gospel of athleticism, to run 100m in 9.58 seconds, all the while clocking disadvantageous reaction times. Its new science brethren and till Africa wakes up to the new, it will remain the same old, same old. Again, that Russian chap who put the cross in for the equaliser vs Croatia, pulled a hamstring that should've ended his tournament, yet there he was. Vincent Kompany strolling through consecutive full nineties. The Croatia fullback who was ruled out 24 hours earlier. Theres only so far skill will take you, performance enhancement is crucial and the frontrunners have the blend of exercises and adjuncts that put them at the advantage. Theres no reason why Nigeria are lagging behind, besides Nigeria themselves. Must everything be third world? At what point will they shed that condemning chrysalis and be first world in something?

we had the best kit

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enyi wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Coach wrote:England have been on a mission long before wrinkled Rohr knew of Nigeria’s existence. Iceland was the event horizon that pushed them to go full scale revolution. To consider their march to the semis, evidence vs Rohr is ludicrous. It’s evidence against the ineptitude of Nigeria’s footballing administration in its entirety. Failure after failure is treated with the same solution, change of guard, same names on the page or worse, newbies as undercooked as a raw potato covered in grated cheese and served as a jacket.

What is Nigeria’s identity? Philosophy? Strategy? System? What is their contingency plan? Where is their blueprint for renewed success? Where is the conveyor belt of talent? Once upon a time twas Premier league powerhouses scrambling for Spanish and French talent, not its Leipzigs and Dortmunds battling it out to acquire the latest precocious talent from the Big Smoke, Toxteth or Salford City. The revolution was not televised, rather it happened behind closed doors of boardrooms, in coaching forums and open evenings. The good old English coaching manuals and their Anglo-Saxon preachings were cast onto the bonfires. In true English fashion, they set sail for all four corners of the globe, robbing, stealing, pinching, thieving whatever goods they could. Today they’re polished up and presented as English stalwarts. Coerver training is everywhere, fussball the same. Most recently, multiball, borrowed from Germany if not mistaken, is being entered in curriculums, the aim being spatial awareness. Training pitches of varying dimensions are used for situational development.

One had the privilege of attending a seminar in which sports scientists presented blood biochemical data on Team GB athletes that predicted, not only their optimal efficiency, but prescribed exercises per individual that escalated their performance. Results of muscle biopsies were displayed with the density of fast and slow twitch fibres used to predict durability, peak performance of sprints and most interesting of, the point of exhaustion where quality of sprint dipped below a threshold at which effectivity would be detrimentally compromised.

There’s a new energy drink being endorsed by Team GB, the FA and most recently Lazio. Harvard University are all over it. Can’t remember the name of the driving force behind it, Eddie something or other, will try to dig up the link from emails. It’s alleged, there are different versions, each with a different balance of contents, the selection of which is dependent on muscle biopsy result and levels of a certain chemical mediator in the blood.

That’s where football is today, it’s now a sporting science. Whilst some are dead on their legs after 60 minutes, a limited talent like Lingard is sprinting fresh as a daisy after ninety. Let Africa keep believing the answer is the ancient wisdom of crumbly old fools. Eventually the sly fox catches and consumes the owl. Africa is lagging behind not because it lacks decent players but because it’s still considering a sport. The modern athlete is a science experiment. Wake the f*ck up, how can you have a squad almost entirely composed of players earning a living in institutions where this science is being practiced and not borrow from this intellect. Rohr was still having Heinrich cut up oranges at halftime. Typical Africa, overpaying for what the rest of the world has discarded. How many coaching envoys have been sent to the Barcelonas and Madrids, to Germany during its pomp to learn of the gegenpress. Research the coaches from Team GB and see how far they were sent in each sport, the detail and data collected. Robe claimed this was young team, maybe and if the science isn’t embraced, it will be no more than a Peter Pan, 4 years older and exactly the same age.

One hopes CAF will have a sense of shame and embarrassment in its disgraceful representation at the Mundial and will join the race. England are far from front runners, but in the few years in which they realised the need to follow the breakaway pack, look where they are. World champions at various ages and on their best run in a tournament for over 20 years. There’s nothing stopping Africa besides Africa itself. Hardtalk. Now for the backlash.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But wait......was this not the reason we hired a European.......? He should be up with the times...or is he too old to be taught a new trick?

Look at the semi final lineup coaches.....Southgate, Martinez, Deschamps, Croatia coach....only one of them is old....

Youthful coaches willing to adapt is the way to go.....keep Rohr make him Techinical adviser or football Director and get a youthful coach under him....local or foreign don't care.....

This works Cup semifinal was SE's for the taking all u had to do was beat Croatia....we played out the worst game in this year tournament.....then Argentina 10mins to go fortify your defence....no you stood and watch and when they scored...u panicked....

This game is for the young ones i.e. Reason wenger and co are making way.......Nigeria should do the same...
which one of the 4 coaches do you consider "old"?
Dalic - 51
Deschamps - 49
Martinez - 45
Southgate - 47?

They are all within he same age bracket o! Unless you picked one age to use as a hard cutoff.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."